MY Version of Star Tours II

woofboy111

Original Poster
After I first saw Star Wars Eposide I, I came up with this idea (it was before star tours II) of an expansion to Star Tours. I know it won't happen now, but I felt like posting it anyway. Here it is...

You start out by taking the simulator ride like normal, but the end of the movie would be changed. Instead of going into that space battle, you would instead crash land on Tatotoonie (I know I spelled that wrong). Your poliot (the robot), tells you to get out, and you walk by some robots and other displays, and from listening in, you get informed that the only way you can get back home, is to win a new ship in a pod race. Hearing this, you decide to enter.
Now, you will be going on a seprate ride. You load into a 6 person pod racer. Right next to you, is another pod racer that is being loaded at the same time, and that's who you're going to race. You pull out of the loading area at the same time as the other car, and then you're launched at extreamly high speeds down the track using magnets or compressed air. You will reach a speed of over 100 mph, and then leave the track. From here, it will be a trackless coaster, where you will glide along a slight dip in the ground. You won't actually see the other racer finish, so it will look like you always won, and then you exit the ride, and enter a room that looks like a space ship, and then the lights turn off, the ground ibrates, and a door on the other side lets you exit into the giftshop, which is back on earth.

This ride could go behind where the Star tours building is now, and I feel would be a good addition to Disney-MGM Studios. It would be good because it wouldn't really be a coaster, but people would still get some thrills out of it due to the speeds (like test track). Even though this ride won't happen, tell me what you think anyway.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111
After I first saw Star Wars Eposide I, I came up with this idea (it was before star tours II) of an expansion to Star Tours. I know it won't happen now, but I felt like posting it anyway. Here it is...

You start out by taking the simulator ride like normal, but the end of the movie would be changed. Instead of going into that space battle, you would instead crash land on Tatotoonie (I know I spelled that wrong). Your poliot (the robot), tells you to get out, and you walk by some robots and other displays, and from listening in, you get informed that the only way you can get back home, is to win a new ship in a pod race. Hearing this, you decide to enter.
Now, you will be going on a seprate ride. You load into a 6 person pod racer. Right next to you, is another pod racer that is being loaded at the same time, and that's who you're going to race. You pull out of the loading area at the same time as the other car, and then you're launched at extreamly high speeds down the track using magnets or compressed air. You will reach a speed of over 100 mph, and then leave the track. From here, it will be a trackless coaster, where you will glide along a slight dip in the ground. You won't actually see the other racer finish, so it will look like you always won, and then you exit the ride, and enter a room that looks like a space ship, and then the lights turn off, the ground ibrates, and a door on the other side lets you exit into the giftshop, which is back on earth.

This ride could go behind where the Star tours building is now, and I feel would be a good addition to Disney-MGM Studios. It would be good because it wouldn't really be a coaster, but people would still get some thrills out of it due to the speeds (like test track). Even though this ride won't happen, tell me what you think anyway.

sounds good start building. :)

Chad

I'm mad. I typed out the whole response, which was long, but somehow, I clicked on something and deleted it. :mad:
Oh well, I loved the idea, star wars deserves more of a ride, but there are a few gaps that could be better filled. First, keep the death star fight scene, but at the end, you don't get out fast enough for whatever reason, and you get caught in the explosion's shockwave. You tumble towards tatooine, right next to the pod racing areana, out near the mechanic area, or whatever, where the cars get fixed up before going out to the race. You get out of the shuttle, and into a small room, outside the door of the mechanic area. And the droid hops out of the shuttle, and appears infront of you, apologizing for the whole mess. Suddenly, Sebulba, the guy from episode I appears, coming out of the bulding to see what the comotion was. He starts laughuing and insulting the droid for his bad driving, and then, the droid gets mad, and makes a wager with the alien, he says that if we win, then we get sebulba's ship, if we loose, then sebulba gets all the passengers as slaves. Sebulba takes the bet, laughs, and goes back into the mechanic area. The droid turns to you and confesses that he has no clue how to drive a pod racer, so you'll have to drive it. You go into the next room, where your pod racers are ready, you get in, and reach the 100 mph thing, flying off, and hitting a banked turn. your cars coast to a slow speed, and enter a long video screen tunnel, like the one in buzz lightyear, but longer, and sebulba is projected on it, still flying fast. The projected video and fans that blow wind on you would make it feel like you are still going fast. Sebulba tries to knock you off course, but you stay on, and while sebulba isn't looking, he runs into a rock...then you cross the finish line, and win! Yeah! You pull up and your droid says that you can pull into the shuttle, which you do, and a screen projects you going to hyperspace and arriveing back at the star tours base. You get out and leave the pod racers in the ship, and exit the ride..That, I think fills the gaps in the story, plus, you can't come back to earth! Star wars is in a galaxy Far far away...

Chad

I don't know, 2 or more...You would have to fit the people from the motion simulator onto it, at pretty much the same time...I don't want to wait in another line halfway through the ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom