My Ultimate Disneyland park

Figment fan

If you want to keep Oogie Boogie, have him outside of the villains, doing his own thing.

Here is one possible sequence:

Have Mickey come into view with Oogie and then a Mickey/Oogie version of the Oogie Boogie song. Then do a Mickey/Oogie battle similar to the one in the Nightmare Before Christmas, with Oogie's end simply him falling down, but when Mickey attempts to step on the last bug, it turns into Bald Mountain.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
But at least it's not as slow as it was before, when Spring Sprite made an appearance there. It's just rather brief, probably would take about the same time as Tink, with her flying in as Figment finishes in this version.
I actually had the Oogie Boogie song in an older Fantasmic draft from a previous park idea(along with Giant Squid fight and Mickey's evil twin), but he can't go in this time considering that Ansem(technically Xehanort) taunts Mickey in the realm of darkness before Chernabog appears. Oogie will probably have a role in the Bald Mountain flume ride though...

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Kinda facing a bit of a block now, but I might as well put up some minor little things now.
My ideal voice cast for Journey Into Imagination would probably be as follows:
Dave Goelz as Figment
Ron Schneider as Dreamfinder
Jeff Bennett as Leonardo
Jason Marsden as Cosmo
Tara Strong as Elfin

The entrance to the park itself at the Train Station features attraction posters along the walls and of course into the tunnels. The entrance loop would be made up of the following:
When You Wish Upon a Star
Walking Down the Middle of Main Street USA
Davy Crockett Theme
Grim Grinning Ghosts(Club 33 version)
Zip a Dee Doo Dah
Bear Band Serenade
Circle of Life
Two Worlds
Hakuna Matata
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
A Whole New World
Indiana Jones Theme
Yo-Ho (A Pirates Life For Me)
He's A Pirate
Cabin Fever
You Can Fly
Very Merry Unbirthday
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Winnie the Pooh
Someday My Prince Will Come
Under the Sea
One Little Spark
Hikari(Instrumental)
Night on Bald Mountain
Fantasmic Theme
Incredibles Credits Music
If I Didn't Have You
House of Mouse theme
A Whale of a Tale
Star Wars Theme
Godzilla Theme
Great Big Beautiful Tommorow
New Horizons
Miracles from Molecules
You Got a Friend in Me
Mickey Mouse March

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Done some edits to the list. Not ready for the Shadowland tour but here are some basic story details.
Shadowland's story is that it is the stronghold of the villians and the villians, led by Maleficent, have eyes on the rest of the park to conquer. This underlying story appears throughout the park in minor ways(The Raven in Haunted Mansion will actually be Diablo, keeping an eye on the Phantom's operations for Maleficent). Shadowland itself is completely outside the berm, except for the Jolly Roger's sailing on the Rivers of Magic, and Nightmare Before Christmas which has a load RIGHT at the park's berm and the land's entrance. The villian's plans and the list of Evil Operatives in the Disney Legion of Doom can be seen within the queue for Bald Mountain with the ride itself being an attempted escape from the villians who instantly deem you spies of the Mouse. There are some good characters within the land of course, such as the Bats in Dragon's Keep or Sora and friends in Kingdom Hearts(which itself will have three entrances, Light within Fantasyland near Mermaid Lagoon, Dark within Shadowland, and Twilight near the berm further up from the Light entrance.)
The park itself as a whole I'm trying to make more of a community created by the cardinal realms where the Disney characters live and work together, though again, the Villians try to shatter apart. Streetmosphere type shows play a HUGE role throughout the year be it little things within the lands to annual events. Halloween and Christmas are the really big holiday events. In October, the villians really manage to succeed and "conquer" much of the park as overlays to some attractions come in. The story at Halloween is that in bringing Halloween to the park, Jack Skellington has inadverently allowed the villians into the park, as told within the rope drop ceremonies in October. Mickey and Jack ask guests to help set things right as the day goes on.
Main Street is the least affected. Outside of some basic Halloween decorations in the town, Jack Skellington and fellow Halloween Town residents wander, telling guests of the danger the park is in and to help free the Magic Kingdom from the evil.
In Frontierland, Alameda Slim has managed to buy up Thunder Mesa, the latest aquirement in his whole real estate scheme, and his fellow outlaws take over the town and the Western River Expedition and Big Thunder Mountain.
In Blue Bayou, the Haunted Mansion staff is throwing a month long Halloween party that the Phantom ends up successfully crashing. Critter Corner though is mostly untouched though they are having a Harvest festival.
In Adventureland, Dinosaurs have been released from Pelucidar(from the Tarzan stories and featured in the TV show) into Deep Jungle by Scar's Hyenas for more support in trying to oust Simba. Dinosaur animatronics appear in the Jungle Cruise, primarily in the form of Velociraptors. Agrabah is under Jafar's control and Barbossa and Long John Silver have successfully pillaged Pirates Cove, menacing guests standing in their way.
Fantasyland truly is hit hard as Maleficent's thorns rise throughout the area(however these are inflatable and are brought down after the last showing of Fantasmic for the night as the villians are driven back into Shadowland) and numerous villians and Heartless roam the area. The Dreamport is mostly hit by a large surge of nightmares as in the altered preshow, Dreamfinder notices the larger concentration of them and he and Figment warn us of the danger. Mermaid Lagoon mostly falls under Ursula's control as Poor Unfortunate Soul polyps appear in droves. Destiny Island's has a mystery trail set up where Heartless appear to shock guests.
In Toonopolis, Judge Doom have taken over much of the town with Dip Barrels appearing in Mickey's district while a Halloween show is held outside of Monsters Inc, though Randall tries to ruin things.
Tommorowland has fallen under Zurg's metal gauntlet, getting some help from the Empire and the Xilians, whose craft float over the attractions. Stormtroopers march throughout the area, interacting with guests.

The actual Shadowland tour will come soon, but it might not be tonight though...

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
It's been a while, now hasn't it...
Shadowland
On the west bank of the Rivers of Magic right at the edges of the train tracks is the entryway to Shadowland. Shadowland is almost completely outside the berm with the Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride being the sole attraction within the berm. The Nightmare Before Christmas attraction takes guests on a journey through Halloween Town as Jack is preparing to bring his twisted Christmas cheer to the world. The entrance to the attraction are the gates of Halloweentown, with the queue taking you into the town square. Loading into crypt carts(temp name), vehicles built by Dr. Finklestien, the attraction first goes into Town Hall as Jack first tells the people of Christmas Town. The crypt carts then enter the Holiday forest and through the Christmas Town door and into a winter wonderland now facing trouble as Lock, Shock and Barrel successfully capture Santa. Following them, the crypt cars return to Halloween Town as the town prepares for Christmas and Sally predicts disaster. The crypt cars follow Jack's sleigh as screams are heard within the town below. Falling into the graveyard Jack decides to set things right and asks for our help. Entering an open grave and into Oogie's lair, Oogie uses his machines to attack Jack and the guests, but is defeated, retreating as he slowly begins to loose his bugs(gotta keep him alive considering his role in Bald Mountain). The crypt cars leave Oogie's place and go by the snow covered Curly Hill as Jack and Sally look up as Santa makes his way across the sky in his sleigh. Guests exit through Dr. Finklestien's lab, as he makes sure that his creations haven't been tampered with by the humans, acting in a similar role to Roz in the Monsters Inc ride at DCA.
Going under the train tracks and into the true Shadowland, there is a courtyard of villainous attractions, with a Maleficent fountain in the center. To the west is Yzma's Lab Coaster a Wild Mouse coaster themed to the roller coaster Yzma used in ENG. The storyline itself is more of a wild chase as Yzma tries to transform the guests that intrude on her evil plans, making the ride a wild chase to escape her transforming potions.
On the southern border of Shadowland is the dock of The Jolly Roger, Captain Hook's Pirate Ship. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee narrate the boat ride, giving what he thinks to be new members of his crew a basic idea of the villains' plans as well as pointing out the landmarks of the nearby attractions(being especially repulsed by it's a small world).
Along the shores of the Rivers of Magic, with the train going through it, is Bald Mountain. In the queue, guests find the primary Villian headquarters, where they are planning their conquest of the rest of the park. A large screen listing the villians in the Legion of Doom and where in the parks are they trying to bring chaos. In a preshow, it is Maleficent who realizes that they have unexpected company and they prepare the 'welcome wagon'. Loading onto longboats, guests try to escape the wrath of the villains with Mickey trying to get people to safety. Throughout the attraction, guests and Mickey are menaced by the villains, with Maleficent right before the main drop in dragon form. The last few scenes find Mickey triumphing over the evil, pointing out the dock ahead.
Dragon's Keep lies on the northern border in a large, decaying castle. The attraction does indeed follow the storyline of the planned Animal Kingdom one with the bats trying to steal the monster's treasure.

I'm not going to describe Kingdom Hearts just yet as I still haven't gotten much of it in mind, though I would want it to have the multiple rides in one approach Stitchcastle had in mind, though the choices are more based on the crossroads DiZ presented to Riku in Chain of Memories with Light, Dark and Twilight as the three paths.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I haven't gotten it all figured out, but I've had some neat ideas for my Pirates of the Caribbean. From the first drop past the Blue Lagoon and the talking skull, the bateaux would start off into the Hurricane Scene, now expanded into more of a Graveyard of Ships. In the harsh wind and rain, the Davy Jones mist effect now at the stateside parks appears, with an additional warning to the three previous existing ones, the old transition tunnel dialogue of "No fear have ye of evil curses says you. Properly warned ye be sez I." The second drop follows this scene, leading into the caves. The Treasure trove scene itself uses the old narration from the transition tunnel as some of Jones' words are heard again from Paul Frees' old narration. Leaving the caves, the bateaux approach the back of the town fort, which has gotten a hole blown right through it. Jack Sparrow is first seen here on a small boat, preparing to get into town the same way we are. Going through the tunnel in the fort is the Jail scene, giving a setup more like the Paris version as the prisoners are trying to get out as the Black Pearl under Barbossa's command fires onto the fort. From this point, things are more like the other versions of the ride as the bateaux go through the battle scene and the rest of the town, featuring the updated elements, though with some of the movie pirates of Barbossa's crew placed in the Well Dunking and Burning Town scenes. The Duelist scene from Paris with Will and Elizabeth in place of the swordfighting townsman and onlooker is included in the Chase scene while Jack hides in the barrel looking over the pooped pirate's map. The Arsenal would take up the Jail scene's normal spot and Jack's treasure room is placed before the upramp where Davy Jones wraps things up in narration much like Disneyland's current version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom