My Trip Sept 11-18 From Chicago ----> WDW

Background about Trip. My grammar Stinks so bear with me. I asked my parents back in March if they wanted to go to WDW And stay onsite. They said if I drive they would pay for fuel. Last time they where there was 1991 and never stayed on Disney Property. I was there for my 8 year in a row.

Me (Jeff) the Narrator (27) My Girlfriend (25) My Mom and Dad (57).

So Saturday Morning 3 am we where up and on the way even though Ivan was supposed to hit the Tampa area Hard but we took are chances. It was going to be a 2 day trip but when we hit Atlanta we called wdw and said we would be arriving a day early just in case Ivan came and we could get as much time at wdw as possible. I was on 3 hours sleep and drove most the way my dad took 2 shifts about 2 hours each. We made it into Riverside about 11:30 pm Tired but all very happy.

Day 1 at Disney.
After 5 hours Sleep I was up at 7am on the way to super Wal-Mart for Gatorade, water snacks and beer. Allot of water just incase Ivan would hit near us, Again we where Still Unsure where land fall would be. Back to riverside. When I returned everyone was up and ready to go. My parents never stayed on Disney property so they where overwhelmed with everything and where loving it so much. So after a quick breakfast at food court we where off to MGM. First stop Great movie Ride They where on it in 1991 but had no idea what ride they where going to ride but they remember bits and pieces. Then I took my dad on Tot and RNR Coaster. He loved them both but liked TOT the best. We All did everything we wanted to do at the park then we where off to Epcot and walked the path so I could Take them Threw Boardwalk(there making plans to stay there in future already) I had Priority Seating at the beirgarden in Germany at 7pm as we where seated the band started to play. We where enjoying music and very large beers. We meet a nice family that was just on the Disney Cruise from North of New Orleans (Maybe this family reads the board if so send me a Message). After Dinner was back to the Hotel for Some Swimming and exploring the resort and more cocktails.

(Every ride All week long Was Walk on the preshows was the only wait.)

Day 2
Up way to early again heading for the early entry to Animal Kingdom with a stop for breakfast at Rain Forest Cafe For an over priced Breakfast that was Ok. My Head was Still Ringing from the night before but the Advil Kicked in as breakfast was over and off to the safari Ride which was great. Did I mention the weather was in the 90s the first 2 day and very humid the hottest it has ever been when I was there in sept. We did all of animal kingdom by 2pm and off to see more resorts. Stopped in at the Grand Floridian to explore then to the poly then took monorail to epcot for proity seating at Mexico which we all loved. Back to the resort and watch the Monday night football at the bar then off to bed.

Day 3.

Magic Kingdom. Started Out in adventure land walked the Tree, sat in the tikki room then pirates my moms favorite ride, Headed to splash mountain (me girlfriend and dad only) and then haunted mansion (all of us), Snow white and my favorite new Show at Magic Kingdom Mickey's PhilharMagic.Then over to tomorrow land where my mom really liked buzz light year then road the people movers (that’s what we call them). Then we headed back to the hotel to get ready to go to ohanas at poly and watched the 9pm fireworks from the beach. This was my parent’s favorite meal and they lowered the price of the drinks and the main meal. Then we took a cab back so we didn’t have to bus hop to get back to our resort. $10 even plus tip it was worth it. We took an early night to rest for our next day our last park day.

Day 4
Animal Kingdom First thing rode the safari ride First then head right to epcot to spend the rest of the day Epcot was everyone’s favorite park. We saw off kilter play twice, British invasion and morockin play. We all loved the live entertainment in epcot (I personally could visit wdw and go to epcot all day every day). Me and my dad rode mission space and he really enjoyed it a lot. Then we all rode test track. Walked onto both rides. Drank coke around the world Rode the land. And the rest of the countries. Ate French patries with French wine. Had Egg rolls in china. Went back to resort and ate dinner at riverside.

Day 5

This was the day we where supposed to go to new Orleans but since Ivan was making landfall new new Orleans we decided to stay at riverside one more day. We went to gator land early and hung out at the pool all day then headed back to Room to get ready for downtown Disney. We did Disney quest since we had free tickets ate at house of blues then me and my girlfriend did PI while my parents went shopping at the market place. It was the first time we saw the comedy warehouse show and it was the best comedy show I have ever seen.

Day 6

Time to pack and leave we drove to Dalton GA and stayed the night in a marriet courtyard and enjoyed a nice meal at outback steak house and we really enjoyed the low prices.

Day 7
Finished are trip back home to Chicago. Got stuck in some bad traffic in Nashville and the traffic completely stopped north of Louisville for 30 min and we where able to get off and take backloads threw Indiana to miss the back up. Then finished the trip back north of Chicago about 11 pm. Dropped my parents off then headed to Wauconda where We Live.

Overall it was great trip to see my parent’s reactions on all the rides like it’s a bugs Life and other things. Only thing is I transferred all my photos to a lap top each nigh and the cpu crashed only got about 80% of my photos off and a couple videos of offkilter are still missing. Hopefully at work tomorrow they can get all my photos off the hard drive so I can share. My Parents are planning there next trip to stay at the poly.

Hope everyone enjoyed this email me or im me with any questions or comments.

Jeffs10

CAPTAIN HOOK

You're right - your grammar does stink :lol:

Thats a great report - so glad that the hurricane didn't spoil your trip and that your parents enjoyed themselves as well.
My last trip (April '03) we took the mother-in-law and she enjoyed the Disney experience even though we didn't stay on site - just shows that Disney is for kids of all ages !!

Mimi04

How long of a drive is it to WDW? I am leaving on Friday at around 4am. DO you think I'll get there by late Saturday morning?

Thanks!
Mimi

Erika

Mimi04 said:
How long of a drive is it to WDW? I am leaving on Friday at around 4am. DO you think I'll get there by late Saturday morning?

Thanks!
Mimi

Where are you leaving from?

From Chicago to WDW normally takes less than 24 hours. I've known a lot of people who go straight through.

cru5h

aww @ your parents - I don't know what they look like, but I think they had to be adorable in Disney acting like little kids again.

jeffs10

Original Poster
Mimi04 said:

Thanks!
Mimi

we left 3:30 am got up about 3 am

and we arrived around 11:30 florida time.

dalton30720

jeffs10 said:
Day 6
Time to pack and leave we drove to Dalton GA and stayed the night in a marriet courtyard and enjoyed a nice meal at outback steak house and we really enjoyed the low prices.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in Dalton GA. I've been amazed at how many people heading to/from WDW make a stop here. Thanks and come again.

jeffs10

Original Poster
dalton30720 said:
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in Dalton GA. I've been amazed at how many people heading to/from WDW make a stop here. Thanks and come again.

That was my second time stoping in dalton Ga we ate at outback and really enjoyed it everyone was really nice . Except for the hotel 2 much cloriene in the pool bleach my swimming shorts

jeff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom