My Trip Report 9/25-10/4 with Photos!

Hi everyone! :wave:
My husband and I just returned yesterday from 10 glorious days in the World and I thought I would post my first ever trip report !

First, here are the basics...
This trip was me, Jillian, age 27, full time nanny and part time dance instructor, and my husband, Nick, also 27, producer for WPRI News in Providence. Our last trip to the World was in Jan. 2008 where Nick proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle. We were married in Dec. 2008. About a month before the wedding, a family friend asked if for a wedding gift, we would like to use her DVC points for 2009. She said we could stay anywhere we wanted for up to 2 weeks! We of course jumped all over the offer!!
We chose to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge from Friday Sept. 25th thru Sunday Oct. 4th. I have never stayed at a deluxe resort before and Nick hasn't stayed at one since he was a kid. He went four or five times when he was little and his parents often chose the Polyonesian. I have been to Disney three times prior to this trip, the one in 2008, and I went with my mom in April 2007 when the studio I teach at danced as part of Disney's Magic Music Days. Both of these trips I stayed in All Star Sports. I also went once as a kid in 1995 and we stayed at Dixie Landings.

So anyways, on with the report!!!

Day One- 9/25
We flew out of Providence at 11:30am. This is Nick and I at the airport, eagerly awaiting our flight (I was eager anyways, Nick just looks sleepy)
Disney09001.jpg

We landed a few minutes early and made our way over to the tram. The windows of the tram were covered in ads for MNSSHP.
Disney09002.jpg

We finally found our way to the Magical Express location. We were boarded onto a Cruise Line bus and within a few minutes, we were seeing this glorious sight!
Disney09005.jpg

I did not do online check in because I had made a room request and I wanted to make sure the request was granted, if possible. My request was to be close to lobby and/or bus stop as I heard that the AKL was really big. We were given the closest room available which was 5455, overlooking the Uzima Savanna, which is seperate from the main savanna. Our view was AWESOME, we had tons of animals roaming around, and we could even see Everest from our room!
Disney09007.jpg

Disney09008.jpg

We got there at dinner time!

Disney09014.jpg

Disney09015.jpg

Disney09019.jpg

To be continued...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed report!! I felt like I was there along with you, and I really enjoyed your write-up and your spectacular pictures.

It's really too bad about the battery life on that camera, it takes great pictures (not to discredit the person holding the camera, of course!)

I laughed several times at your descriptions of Nick--he reminds me very much of my husband. I also noticed how well you seem to have planned everything out, grabbing your fastpasses as you went along, and taking advantage of short lines when you encountered them.

Thanks for sharing all of it! :wave:

Spinky

Fantastic Trip report Iv just read through the whole thing on my break at work and I now have a huge grin you guys look liek you had such a good time :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom