My sons birthday

Tim Woytovich

Original Poster
We are going to be at disneyworld on my sons birthday and wondering if anybody has any good ideas on what restaurant to take him to, and what else can we do to make his day extra special. He will be four.

jiddng

Tim Woytovich said:
We are going to be at disneyworld on my sons birthday and wondering if anybody has any good ideas on what restaurant to take him to, and what else can we do to make his day extra special. He will be four.
Hi,

My kids are college-age now, but back in January, I had the opportunity to help my nephew (turning 8 at the time) celebrate his birthday. My sister had wanted to book the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge, for his birthday dinner (primarily because it was very kid-friendly), but we couldn't get the time we wanted (good reason to book very early), and we ended up at the Yacht Club Gallery.

We had a wonderful time there! The staff made a big deal for my nephew, balloons, special dessert, LOTS of "Happy Birthday!"s from the staff. AND... what we didn't expect, was a "call" from Goofy, who sang Happy Birthday to my nephew.

I think most of the restaurants do offer a birthday package, so ask before you book.

Hope this helps and happy birthday to your son!
:sohappy:
PS Don't forget to stop at guest relations and get a birthday pin for your son. CM's who see the pin will wish him Happy Birthday!

Pioneer Hall

There are a few questions you have to ask to decide what is right. The age of your son and his interests would make this choice a lot easier. There is something to cater to everyone, so it will really depend on how old he is and what he likes to eat.

CAPTAIN HOOK

A breakfast with his favourite characters is a good way to start off the day and then a birthday pin from guest relations makes sure of some attention while in the park

dixiegirl

well for the past 4 yaer when we have gone down with our daughter its been her birthady, and we have done many different character dining opions..we loved chef mickeys...they make a big to do about the child celabrating his/her birthday..last year my daughter once again had her birthday down in disney and we celebrated at chef mickeys , well they have this really cute "celebrate" song that they sing...everyone swings their napkins in the air and sing this celebrate song ..all the characters came over and celebrated with us....goofy ended up feeding my daughter her birtrhday cupcake..got it up her nose and all over her face...she thought it was the greatest thing...it was very cute...and he made sure he cleaned her face up afterwards.. andwe got it all on tape...also..i still have no idea how they found out it was her birthday, but when we got back to our room last year , there was a card from mickey( a real one too not one of those already printed up) saying her name and i hope you had a magical birthday here at disneyworld...and a great 5'7' pic of himself autograhed..very cute she was sooo surprised..so were we....also in the magic kingdom go to the town hall in main street telll them its your sons bday and he'll get a pin that says today is my birthday...the cm's and the characters usually make a big to do when they see that....hope i helped..

Iakona

Tim Woytovich said:

Here is the list I put together for my son's 7th Birthday when we went in January. The Sword in the Stone Ceremony was very cool, he got picked to be temporary ruler of the realm, but do not tell your son about it because he may not get picked.

1) Birth Day

a) Stop by City Hall on Main Street USA at the ffice:smarttags" Kingdom</FONT></ST1:place and pick up a free birthday button. The response throughout the day can be fun – along with the recognition or Guest relations at ANY park. Epcot, MK and AK have unique buttons (MGM’s was the same as MK).

b) Tell cast members at your resort and ALL PS's when B-Day is.
If you are staying at a Disney Resort press “O” and ask for the special birthday message.

c) The Board Walk Bakery will bake a cake and have it delivered to your resort.

d) Guest of honor pins<O:p</O:p
Christmas shop in Downtown Disney. They engraved them while we waited. It only took a couple of min

e) Epcot-Land Food Area
As you face the food places its way on the left hand side. They have it about 4 or 5 times a day (a schedule is by it). Get there about 10 minutes early. The cast members pick a bunch of kids, make them a chef’s hat and bring them in to two tables. The kids spend about 10 minutes making cookie dough. They then bring the dough out of sight, talk to the kids and bring out fresh cookies in a bag for each of them. (not sure if they still do this)

f) Sword in the Stone Ceremony in front of Cinderella’s Carousel (MK). Get there early to get a spot up front. Make sure B-day button is prominent. Don’t be pushy, get Merlin’s autograph before the show so he can “notice” the B-day button and make sure you are up front.<O:p</O:p

g) Chef Mickey’s for B-day dinner –this was by far the best character event we did and the B-day portion is excellent.<O:p</O:p

SewIn2Disney

Chef Mickeys would seem like the obvious choice to me. It's a big kid friendly buffet with all the characters. They have breakfast pizza (made of peanut butter, jelly, marshmellows on a dough) candy "toppings" for your waffles, etc. Good sugar rush to get the day going! Plus you'd have a bustling resturant full of people and all the characters to sing Happy B-day to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom