My Report Card

NowInc

Originally posted by FutureCEO

Sat English is a class that the school does to help you on that section of the Sat test. Semester Class. Sat math is another class.

Thats unfair..when I was in school, I took the SATs the year they made them harder..and we didnt get ANY special classes or tutoriing to help us...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc

Thats unfair..when I was in school, I took the SATs the year they made them harder..and we didnt get ANY special classes or tutoriing to help us...

Thanks! When I took SATs (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) we were told that there was NO WAY to study for them...either you knew it after 11 years of school, or you didn't. We took the PSAT in junior year, SAT in senior, and that was it. Needless to say, there were very few perfect scores!

NowInc

Originally posted by The Mom

Thanks! When I took SATs (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) we were told that there was NO WAY to study for them...either you knew it after 11 years of school, or you didn't. We took the PSAT in junior year, SAT in senior, and that was it. Needless to say, there were very few perfect scores!

The SATs werent that hard actually...you just have to know how to take the damn thing...the math part is a BREEZE..especially with a calculator...all you have to do is try all the answers out..one of them HAS to be right...

The english..read the answers first..and then the question will make more sence...

I wont say what I got on the SATs..but I will say this..i got the same score TWICE...and I was accused of Cheating. (for those who are from the Tri-state area..you may recall a news article about it at the time)

The Mom

Premium Member

The SATs werent that hard actually...you just have to know how to take the damn thing...the math part is a BREEZE..especially with a calculator...all you have to do is try all the answers out..one of them HAS to be right...

The english..read the answers first..and then the question will make more sence...

Calculators? Hahaha!! It was strictly scratch paper, which had to be turned in when the test was over.

NowInc

Originally posted by The Mom

Calculators? Hahaha!! It was strictly scratch paper, which had to be turned in when the test was over.

LoL..we were allowed to use ANYTHING as long as it didnt:

1.) make noise
2.) have a keyboard
3.) plug into the wall

So I used a programmable TI calc and basically made it so all I had to do was enter in the key #s...math took me 20 minutes ;)

Tink

I sure could have used a calculator when I took the GRE a couple months ago! My verbal and analytical scores were good but my quantitative results were embarrassing. I have a fancy graphing calculator that I rely on for everything - once I started the math part, I felt like a deer in headlights. :lol:

DisJosh

I wont say what I got on the SATs..but I will say this..i got the same score TWICE...and I was accused of Cheating. (for those who are from the Tri-state area..you may recall a news article about it at the time)

I bombed the math section of the SAT. :( But did very well on the english part. Cumulative was a 905...yeah I know bad. Don't care though...I'm already excepted despite my stinky score. Now just gotta keep my regular grrades up which is no prob. :D

NowInc

Originally posted by DisJosh

I bombed the math section of the SAT. :( But did very well on the english part. Cumulative was a 905...yeah I know bad. Don't care though...I'm already excepted despite my stinky score. Now just gotta keep my regular grrades up which is no prob. :D

LoL..a year from now..you will laugh at how easy the work is compaired to SATs...I mean..art school...Been there..laughed at it...

LoL..if you are curious as to the type of crap I wrote about for my college "general" classes...PM me..its not "apppropriate" to talk about such topics in chit chat ;)

tenchu

When i was in school, in my maths exam there were two questions which were impossible to answer correctly and the exam board lost half of the papers, so they just made them up! GREAT!:cry:

DisJosh

LoL..a year from now..you will laugh at how easy the work is compaired to SATs...I mean..art school...Been there..laughed at it...

LoL..if you are curious as to the type of crap I wrote about for my college "general" classes...PM me..its not "apppropriate" to talk about such topics in chit chat ;)

You have a PM :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom