My Recent visit to Sanaa

jwutony16

Original Poster
I went to Sanaa last night for dinner. I usually go every time I visit Disney. Maybe last night was just a one off but it seemed the quality and taste of the food was off. First they made a change to my favorite dish, the slow cooked option. Usually you would get to choose 2 options from meat, fish, chicken, veggies. I usually went with the butter chicken and braised beef. I was told yesterday that you can only chose one meat and one veggie. I asked why they changed the choices and they said the chefs wanted to make it healthier. To me its just a cost cutting measure. The meal as it stands is $26 and it comes with side of rice. For $11 more you can choose 3 different options. So if you were like me and wanted to chose 2 meat options your meal would now cost 37 dollars. I usually do not complain about the price of anything Disney but I do care about quality. The butter chicken was very watery and bland. My second choice was cilantro coconut veggies. It was ok but underwhelming, also my rice was over cooked. Like I said I hope this was one bad visit.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Have not heard anything yet on any of the boards and forums I frequent so most likely was just an off night. I love Sanaa too. That is a very popular dish the butter chicken and most would be like you mentioning it if they noticed something off. Maybe let them know too. They don't know it's off if no one complains or mentions it. Just a thought. Sorry you had an off night there. :)

jwutony16

Original Poster
Have not heard anything yet on any of the boards and forums I frequent so most likely was just an off night. I love Sanaa too. That is a very popular dish the butter chicken and most would be like you mentioning it if they noticed something off. Maybe let them know too. They don't know it's off if no one complains or mentions it. Just a thought. Sorry you had an off night there. :)
I talked to my waiter and let him know, he was very understanding and offered to change it but I ate the meal the way it was.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I talked to my waiter and let him know, he was very understanding and offered to change it but I ate the meal the way it was.

I would of asked for the manager or Chef since the waiter likely may not mention it. I never usually complain but if it's a fave dish of mine and something seems off I probably would of mentioned it to someone above him. But glad he was very accomadating to you. :)

CheshireCat12

Usually you would get to choose 2 options from meat, fish, chicken, veggies. I usually went with the butter chicken and braised beef. I was told yesterday that you can only chose one meat and one veggie. I asked why they changed the choices and they said the chefs wanted to make it healthier. To me its just a cost cutting measure.
I hope this is not true, and the server was misinformed. Can anyone else share their recent experiences with this?

jwutony16

Original Poster
I hope this is not true, and the server was misinformed. Can anyone else share their recent experiences with this?
Hello,
I am the OP and I was there last Tuesday. They separate the meats into one name and the vegetables under another category. You can pick one meat curry and one vegie curry for the 26 dollar price. For 11 dollars more you will be able to choose an extra item.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom