My proposal story..

hls1023

Original Poster
My husband proposed to me at CRT on September 22, 2005. We were married on November 11, 2006 and will be celebrating our 1st anniversary at WDW.
He had made dinner reservations for 8pm and I had no clue that he would propose. I just thought that it was cool that he booked dinner there as a surprise. Anyway, we get there and sit at what I now know to be Table 16 (they call it the "proposal table"). It is a table for two right in front of these big windows that overlook Fantasyland. We order our dinner and everything was great. Little did I know that my husband was sweating it BIGTIME! So, my husband excuses himself to the restroom (I now know that this was when he passed the ring off to the resteraunt manager to set up) and I still don't have a clue of anything suspicious.
My husband comes back and they clear our table and the waitress, instead of asking me what I would like for dessert just told me that she will "bring our dessert out shortly". I thought that was kind of weird but still didn't pay much mind.
The waitress comes to the table a few minutes later with a covered dish and sets it down. Here is where I started to cry: My husband gets out of his chair and kneels in front of me. He pulls the top off of the plate and there is my engagement ring wrapped around a baby rosebud inside of a glass slipper that he purchased. The whole thing was set on a plate of rose petals and it was the most romantic, most beautiful thing that I've ever seen. I said yes of course and everyone in the resteraunt started clapping. A photographer came out almost immediatly and starting taking pictures of us and the ring. Unfortunatly, this all happend so fast that I didn't have to time to stop crying OR to fix my mascara that was all over my face but who cares!! We also toasted with "sparkling gape juice" since MK is a dry park but that all added to the charm. We got some really cool pins of Mickey proposing to Minnie Mouse that we got to wear the rest of the time that we were there and also some neat champagne flutes.
We made reservations to eat at CRT again for our 1st anniversary in Novenmber and I can't wait to get there. Hope you all enjoyed the story. I will have to look for the pics and post them if I can. I highly recommend this to ANY GUY who wants to do something REALLY REALLY special for someone they love. You really don't realize how many guys don't put alot of thought into proposing until you start telling other people your story and they start telling you theirs. I will NEVER forget that day

k.hunter30

My husband proposed to me at CRT on September 22, 2005. We were married on November 11, 2006 and will be celebrating our 1st anniversary at WDW.
He had made dinner reservations for 8pm and I had no clue that he would propose. I just thought that it was cool that he booked dinner there as a surprise. Anyway, we get there and sit at what I now know to be Table 16 (they call it the "proposal table"). It is a table for two right in front of these big windows that overlook Fantasyland. We order our dinner and everything was great. Little did I know that my husband was sweating it BIGTIME! So, my husband excuses himself to the restroom (I now know that this was when he passed the ring off to the resteraunt manager to set up) and I still don't have a clue of anything suspicious.
My husband comes back and they clear our table and the waitress, instead of asking me what I would like for dessert just told me that she will "bring our dessert out shortly". I thought that was kind of weird but still didn't pay much mind.
The waitress comes to the table a few minutes later with a covered dish and sets it down. Here is where I started to cry: My husband gets out of his chair and kneels in front of me. He pulls the top off of the plate and there is my engagement ring wrapped around a baby rosebud inside of a glass slipper that he purchased. The whole thing was set on a plate of rose petals and it was the most romantic, most beautiful thing that I've ever seen. I said yes of course and everyone in the resteraunt started clapping. A photographer came out almost immediatly and starting taking pictures of us and the ring. Unfortunatly, this all happend so fast that I didn't have to time to stop crying OR to fix my mascara that was all over my face but who cares!! We also toasted with "sparkling gape juice" since MK is a dry park but that all added to the charm. We got some really cool pins of Mickey proposing to Minnie Mouse that we got to wear the rest of the time that we were there and also some neat champagne flutes.
We made reservations to eat at CRT again for our 1st anniversary in Novenmber and I can't wait to get there. Hope you all enjoyed the story. I will have to look for the pics and post them if I can. I highly recommend this to ANY GUY who wants to do something REALLY REALLY special for someone they love. You really don't realize how many guys don't put alot of thought into proposing until you start telling other people your story and they start telling you theirs. I will NEVER forget that day
That's so sweet. I'd love to see the pictures. :)

hls1023

Original Poster
awww wow! how special and romantic!

sorry but what is CRT? i have jet lag still and my mind is all over the place!

Cinderella's Royal Table. I also forgot to mention that after all the hoopla of actually being proposed to, you get to sit back down at the table and enjoy the fireworks right outside your window.

Princess_JO

wow that story sounds amazing.
tho in my opinion u gave all the 'in' clues about it and spoilt it for anyone trying to plan a surprise proposal(or receive one!) as i hope my trip to WDW with DBF i hope i'm proposed to however if it was at table 16 and he disappears as you say i'll be upset.

hls1023

Original Poster
tho in my opinion u gave all the 'in' clues about it and spoilt it for anyone trying to plan a surprise proposal(or receive one!) as i hope my trip to WDW with DBF i hope i'm proposed to however if it was at table 16 and he disappears as you say i'll be upset.

This is not the first time that this has been told on this site. Sorry if I ruined it for you. :veryconfu

PinMadness

Yeah, the CRT engagement thing is fairly common. They do it the same for every couple, so you were liable to see it somewhere else.

And thanks for sharing OP! What a great story!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom