My "Pin Event" Trip

Gosh, it feels as if it has only been a few weeks since I last ended my report on my Mini Grand Tour. In any case, I'm about to leave very early tomorrow morning to fly off to WDW for an 9-day vacation.

There are two special items on this trip. First, on Tuesday morning, we will be doing the 2-hour Segway tour at Epcot. Thanks to everyone who had reported on this, we have decided to do this, so we are really looking forward to it.

Then starting on the 8th and running through till the 10th, it's the annual, largest pin event at WDW, to be held at the World Showplace in Epcot. This year's theme is "It All Started With ... Walt!" This will be the 2nd pin event that we are attending, so this time, we won't be so "ga ga" over the whole thing, and won't make the same mistakes that we did last year. We are already ensured of receiving several Random Selection pins when we get there, and can't wait to see all the goodies that we will get as part of attending this event. BTW, the event will be open to the public on Sunday the 10th at 11:00 am.

Anyway, as with the Mini Grand Tour report, I'll try to make daily reports with pictures whenever I can.

I just know that I won't be able to sleep tonight.....

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Illuminations - Reflections of Earth

OK, Disney just pulled a fast one on me!

Still in the middle of editing the video for this trip, and I was editing our footage of Illuminations. If you've looked at my video of Wishes and an earlier version of Illuminations, you'd know that we like to replace the live sound with the actual music for those shows.

We videotaped Illuminations again on this trip, because our earlier version was taped last year in Sept. when the inferno barge was out of commission. As usual, I replaced the live sound with the actual music. Getting them to synchronize is usually the most tedious part of the whole thing, especially for Illuminations since it uses two different tunes.

Things were going very well during video editing until the very end! The part where the song goes "We go on........." and the sky turns bright with a flood of fireworks.... whoa! They added about 3 seconds to it! The horns section that gets repeated 4 times in the original soundtrack is repeated FIVE times in the version we taped! So the fireworks went on 3 seconds too long. So my video is in synched with the actual music all through Illuminations up to the last 20 seconds of the show and then BAM. It goes out of synch!

I'm disappointed! While I do have tools to edit the original music to try to add an additional repeatition of the horns, this may not turn out as well and will take a lot of time to do. Drat!

I wonder how many people actually realize that Illuminations as it is now is 3 seconds longer than it was before? :) Not that it is a bad thing, mind you. It only causes problems for people like me.

Zz.

It took a while, but we finally got around to adding the "one second" to We Go On that Disney added to Illuminations. Since I prefer to replace the live sound with the two tracks they used from the actual CD, the extra second threw off the timing of the fireworks at the very end of the video. So we had to do some careful editing to add that extra second. I think now we have it.

This is the best version of Illuminations that we have so far. It has the inferno barge, unlike the one we videotaped and uploaded earlier. It is a very difficult show to videotape especially with a fixed viewing angle. A lot of things occur low to the water and high in the air. While I'm not 100% happy with this version, it is good enough for me to release it. We hope to videotape this again with 2 camcorders next time - one for the wide-angle shot for the fireworks, and another one for a tight shot on the globe.

In the mean time, hope you like this one.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
It's A Small World - Walt Disney World

Another video from this trip is up. This is the famous It's A Small World at the Magic Kingdom. Just viewing the first few minutes of this will cause the tune to get stuck in your head, so be forewarned! :)

I have uploaded the Disneyland version of this attraction. It should make for an interesting comparision.

Zz.

PinMadness

190200635.jpg

190200606.jpg

(must be the RED background on Mickey's signature)

First off, what an amazing trip report!!! Your photos are absolutely beautiful and I am definately going to look into the camera that you used to take them.

Secondly, I may have one, if not both, of those pins. I am away at school right now and my pin collection is at home. My mom is out shopping, but she is going to call me when she gets in and I will have her check for them.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
First off, what an amazing trip report!!! Your photos are absolutely beautiful and I am definately going to look into the camera that you used to take them.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Secondly, I may have one, if not both, of those pins. I am away at school right now and my pin collection is at home. My mom is out shopping, but she is going to call me when she gets in and I will have her check for them.

I'd love to trade for them. Let me know if you do have those two.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Monorail

I'll put this here since most of the video in this footage came from this trip.

I love riding the monorail every time I'm at WDW. So way back from a few years ago, I decided to videotape the monorail ride. I don't think I've seen any video of it online, so I've decided to make one. This has just appeared online.

Monorail

Play it LOUD if you can.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom