My Pictures of the Day

Courtman

Original Poster
Right, after a 16 month hiatus I'm back in Florida and loving the photo opportunities this place always affords me - great light, great weather and sooooo many different subjects to choose from. I've set myself the target of publishing one "wow" picture each day and I'll post the WDW related ones here. The non-WDW shots are also on my Flickr, which I'll link to. I'll have to see if I can keep the target up now for the whole holiday!

Courtman

Original Poster

Day 6: It Rained
by Adrian Court, on Flickr

Thunderstorms hit Orlando today, and we spent a few hours just watching the rain hammer down in the villa. Having thought the worst of the weather was over we ventured into Epcot for Illuminations and some after-close shots, only for another shower to soak us. First time I've ever shot WDW properly in the rain though!

Courtman

Original Poster

Day 7: Under The Sea

Disney's Hollywood Studios today and a trip with Megan to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid - a stage show with puppets and live-action actors. We were nervous of this because Megan could be a bit of a wuss with scary characters - she doesn't like Kristoff being thrown out of the shop in Frozen for example, she hides behind the sofa - but she sat mesmerised through this show.

Courtman

Original Poster

Day 8: HOT AIR BALLOON!!!

Being big enough to see out of the car and shout is a big plus while on holiday for the squabblegoblin. Megan is forever seeing this balloon rising above the horizon even from a few miles away, and I'm sure the people in the gondola can hear her screams. She was asleep when we wandered to Downtown though, so still hasn't seen it up close and personal yet. Lots of trickery here - a five-shot HDR image for the water and buildings, and then a single image for the balloon at high ISO converted to a three-shot HDR and layered in Photoshop. Phew!

Courtman

Original Poster

Day 11: Look Up

Disney World has so many little details, so many things that people can miss while bustling from one ride to the other. This is NOT a little detail though - it is the huge domed roof at the entrance to the China Pavilion. Bright colours and artwork adorn the dome, this was a 3-shot HDR image taken by placing the camera on the floor under the dome and hoping nobody walked in and kicked it while the countdown timer ticked down!

Courtman

Original Poster

Day 15: Keyboard Reflections

Mulch Sweat 'n' Shears in action on the Streets of America, the keyboard player looking down at me from the truck as his ivories reflect nicely in his glasses.

Getting a bit behind on publishing these, will catch up in the next day or so hopefully!

NowInc

Silly question...

We have a whole section and lots of threads dedicated for posting pics of the day. Why is there a separate post? (not trying to come off as mean, I'm sincerely curious)

Cesar R M

Silly question...

We have a whole section and lots of threads dedicated for posting pics of the day. Why is there a separate post? (not trying to come off as mean, I'm sincerely curious)
maybe because pic of the day doesnt exactly mean "personal photos" like this thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom