My Pending ADR Issues

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Good evening folks,

I am coming up on the 180-day milestone for our trip in September so I am planning for ADRs. I have been looking in MDE and just wanted to please ask if others may have encountered these issues:

1) The "Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience" specifically says "Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made on this page or with the My Disney Experience app up to 180 days prior to your visit." However, this event currently shows in MDE as nothing available past 30 April 2020. That is not even 60 days out. So I guess they changed this to much less than 180 days but did not bother to change the website? Did others have the same issue?

2) The "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party" does not say when reservations can be made. But if you look at MDE right now it shows nothing is available past 31 March 2020. That is not even 30 days out. So is this one so bad that you can only make a same-month reservation? Again, did others have this issue?

3) This is just a general question about Ohana. I know all too well how hard this reservation is to get but just wanted to ask if anyone may have had any recent experience with trying to get an Ohana reservation at...say...the 185-day point (using the 180 + 10 ADR rule)? I could go out as far as day 186. Just curious if others may have had any luck with this?

Any related feedback or experience appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Herdman

I'm looking for the Fantasmic dessert package also, and I don't believe the 180 day rule applies to this. Disney waits to see what the resort bookings look like and then sets the schedule for the Fantasmic package. I keep checking everyday to see if there are dates out there.

Jon81uk

I think dessert parties are weird and don't conform to normal booking rules.

I booked 'Ohana with only a few months notice, maybe even less.

RememberWhen

I’m also checking the Fantasmic Dessert page every day for our trip in July. We were able to book MK dessert party for July, but not at 180 days. I just kept checking and eventually there it was. I assume this will work the same.

Chip Chipperson

'Ohana has always been tricky for me. Sometimes you can find a reservation for the same day or the next day, but more often than not I've been shut out even within the 180 day + the length of my stay window. If you're not picky about what time you eat there then it's a little easier, in my experience. I found a couple of reservatinos during our stay in early February of this year, but the times were either much too early or much too late and would have interfered with our other plans even if we did decide to eat at a weird time. I'm also reluctant to book a meal there too late because the one time we booked a 7:00 dinner for just me and my wife we didn't even get seated until after 8:00 - and there was a large number of other groups in the same situation as us with waits over an hour past their reservation. I guess the endless supply of meats causes some people to stay longer than they would at another restaurant and that backs up everyone waiting for a table. I kind of understand, though. The food is really good.

Weather_Lady

We had no trouble getting an 'Ohana dinner reservation for our desired time (5:30pm) at 180+4 days, and that was for a visit during the highly-crowded February break. (There may have been availability on the prior days -- I suspect there was given that we could easily get our choice of time on day 184 -- but the 184th day was the one we wanted so that was all I tried.)

However, after a subsequent price hike jacked up the price by 33% - making it a $300+ meal for our family of 4 - we canceled it a month before - hopefully to the delight of somebody who'd been watching for one to open up and was able to score it. :)

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
We had no trouble getting an 'Ohana dinner reservation for our desired time (5:30pm) at 180+4 days, and that was for a visit during the highly-crowded February break. (There may have been availability on the prior days -- I suspect there was given that we could easily get our choice of time on day 184 -- but the 184th day was the one we wanted so that was all I tried.)

This is one thing I was hoping to hear. Hopefully day 185 will be available

Thanks very much to all who replied. I guess I just need to look at the Fantasmic and Star Wars Dessert Parties currently as "broken" with no accurate information available as to when reservations can be made. I'll just have to follow in MDE and hope I can catch my reservation window when it becomes available. Sad...but true.

Well, I am sure we all know the early morning routine for ADRs and Fastpasses. Up early on days 180 and 60 to reserve as many as you can as fast as you can. So...if I may end with a little humor...;)

This is Commander Starship Disney. Red Alert. Red Alert. Sensors indicate multiple ships ahead converging on our ADR coordinates. We may have to fight our way through this. All Hands...Stand To Battle Stations. This is not a drill. I say again this is not a drill.

ELG13

I had no issues getting Ohana at 150 days give or take. I think if your time is flexible youll be able to find something no problem. We settled for an 830 when we generally eat around 6 and I've seen multiple for the 9pm (give or take 15 minutes) for multiple days of our trip .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom