My opinion on why International Drive can be a mess to drive on

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
If anyone has been on International Drive from the Belz Factory Outlet Mall up to the huge McDonalds, you know it can be a mess driving there & you can be sitting in traffic for quite a while. My personal opinion on why it's so congested is because the traffic lights stay green for like 5 seconds, then turn read once again so not many cars have a chance to get threw lights. So who agrees with me on that factor or do you have your own reasons on my traffic there can be such a mess?

napnet

Its too many cars on a small road with too many turns and stores and crosswalks and people looking, not driving. But this is a tourist spot so thats why.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Then how come on the other side of International Drive towards Pontie Orlando & the Orange County Convention Center, why is it alot easier to drive there when the roads are built the same way?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Then how come on the other side of International Drive towards Pontie Orlando & the Orange County Convention Center, why is it alot easier to drive there when the roads are built the same way?
It was designed to handle traffic.

International Drive, between Sand Lake and Kirkman road, ie- the original stretch of I-Drive by Mr. Belz (that's the guys name), was not designed to deal with traffic, and did not expect the growth Orlando experienced.

If it were up to me, I'd demolish it and start from square 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom