My Nikon D90 kit is on it's way!!

NowInc

A good tip if youre just getting your feet wet it so keep your camera in Aperture Priority mode. What this will do is set your shutter speed for you based on what F stop you decide to use (i recommend 2.8)..so your chances of a blurry shot (in good light) are minimal.

A note on flash as well..during the day I never use it..and at night..when i DO sometimes use it, I adjust it to make it less bright (which you can read about in the manual). The flash's standard setting is usually always too much (in my experience)...and sometimes you just need a subtle light boost..so I keep mine set as low as I can make it.

Example:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...2042082224428_1615512688_1988531_719851_n.jpg

CP_alum08

50mm? Hmmm I must check it out and play with it for a bit. I photgraphed with the 35mm, I LOVED it in the evenings but during the day I don't whether to keep the flash on or off. I like it off but sometimes I get blurry images...:brick:

You really shouldn't be getting blurry images during the day time at all. With the d90 and either the 30mm or 35mm you should be able to take pictures almost any time of day. The D90 does such an awesome job at handling noise that you can go easily up to ISO 2500 and still get great shots.

A good rule of thumb is that your shutter speed should never be less than 1/10th of your focal length. So if you are using the 30mm keeping your shutter speed at 1/30th of a second or higher should be fine (as long as the f/stop and ISO are adjusted accordingly too). And with zooms the same thing, if you're using a 55-200mm lens, zoomed in all the way, you shouldn't be any slower than 1/200th. If you have lenses with vibration reduction (VR) you can push it a little further, but it's a good rule to stick with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom