My next trip is way too far away and I am going nuts!

Jessica Meier

I have to wait until December 2015 for our next trip to the bubble. Insert sobs here. It seems like forever to wait. We just got back in September and since then I have changed my mind on hotels four or five times now. Sigh. I am now thinking about renting points in Jambo house at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sell me on this. Show me pictures, tell me AMAZING stories of your stays. Entice me with food.

osucbsb

We feel your pain..our last trip to DW was in 2009 and we still have 400+ days until our next planned trip at the end of May 2015. I have to agree with derelicte19 that these websites are a good and bad thing.

Upvote 0

sissa216

I'm so glad things worked out for your husband @Disnee4Me! And that's definitely one good way to spin things.
@Jessica Meier I love AKL! I'm using a friend's points to stay in a 1 bedroom in Jambo House for one night at the end of my stay at Yacht Club in a few weeks- I'll be sure to come back with lots of pictures!

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I'm so glad things worked out for your husband @Disnee4Me! And that's definitely one good way to spin things.
@Jessica Meier I love AKL! I'm using a friend's points to stay in a 1 bedroom in Jambo House for one night at the end of my stay at Yacht Club in a few weeks- I'll be sure to come back with lots of pictures!

Please do! I am curious as to the differences between a studio and one bedroom so the pics will be helpful!

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

I have to wait until December 2015 for our next trip to the bubble. Insert sobs here. It seems like forever to wait. We just got back in September and since then I have changed my mind on hotels four or five times now. Sigh. I am now thinking about renting points in Jambo house at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sell me on this. Show me pictures, tell me AMAZING stories of your stays. Entice me with food.

Why do you need to wait so long? Just hop over for a quick weekend.

Upvote 0

rob45

We were planning a trip for October 2015, however with both my children getting married, one this year and one next year, and a grandson coming next month, we"ll have to postpone the trip till December 2016. But when we do go in 2016 I can bring my grandson for his first trip!!!:joyfull:, he'll be 2 almost 3. What a trip that'll be!

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

I feel your pain. We have gone every year for the past 5 years and twice in 2012! We have to skip this year and aren't returning until June 2015. We stayed at Jambo on our last trip in June 2013. We have stayed at OKW, FW cabins, and POR as well. We really enjoyed Jambo. We have 3 kids now 9, 6, and 3 and they loved the animals and all the activities. I am with you and have changed my mind on where to stay for our 2015 trip. I have it narrowed down between OKW and AKV - Kidani. I have priced out OOP with a discount and renting points. If we stay at OKW we will pay OOP because the discount will be cheaper than the going rate for points right now. However if we stay at AKV we will rent points because it works out to be cheaper.

Food at Jambo......we are not picky eaters by any means, but there are many choices that I think everyone can find something they like. We ate at The Mara a lot (we were on the dining plan last trip). We also had breakfast ressies at Boma and there were MANY choices there as well with standard fare and African fare.

We are debating between OKW and AKL because when we go to Disney we LOVE the parks, but when we are back at the resort we LOVE to relax. We usually go for at least 10 days each trip so we always build in relaxation days. OKW has the laid back feel, not to mention the biggest rooms! We drive and parking right outside our unit is perfect. AKL has great food choices and two awesome pools (if you have kids you need to visit the pool at Kidani!). It has that resort feel, which my husband can do without, but it is also very relaxing to just sit and watch the animals.

Choices, choices.........

FYI....if you rent DVC points for AKL go with Kidani. The rooms are bigger and the 1 bedroom has an extra bathroom! However, do you know about the value units at Jambo? If you find someone that owns at AKV they might be able to snag you a MUCH cheaper value studio/1-bedroom/2-bedroom at Jambo. The rooms are smaller, but they are a great deal! There are only a few of these those.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
We definitely want to do a value if we can get one. They look plenty big for the amount of time we plan to be in the room. We plan on using the amenities more this next trip since we will build in a few relaxing days.

Upvote 0

sissa216

@Jessica Meier Here is what I have. I didn't manage to get any of the living area or kitchen, I'm sorry! We were only in it for one quick night.
DSC_0717.JPG
DSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0721.JPG
DSC_0726.JPG
DSC_0727.JPG
DSC_0734.JPG

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom