My Memory Maker experience

kniquy

Original Poster
I was on the fence about whether or not the memory maker was worth the advance purchase price of $169. We just came back from our trip on Tuesday. we were there 6 days and in all we took 168 pictures -- we certainly did not grab every photographer that we saw but would stop a few times per day to get pictures at different spots throughout the parks-- we especially liked all the photographers down main st at magic kingdom. You could stop different times of the day and get pictures of us in front of the castle -- my favorite are the night time pictures with the castle draped in crystal lights. So beautiful!!
We love the ride pictures and especially the videos we got from tower of terror and the dwarfs mine train. After getting off the rides it was nice to know we could get the pictures in our memory maker instead of paying $20 per ride photo. I would never pay that for a single ride photo. I think with the ride photos it is worth it alone -- we went on most of the rides that have photopass.

The photographers do have different personalities -- some just simply snap a picture or two and you are on your way. Others really enjoy their job and will take time to set up different shots and do some of the magic shots. One in particular was a woman named Nikki who was at Hollywood studios in front of ToT. She had some people waiting for her, but she wasn't rushing and took her time with doing some family shots, shots of the just the kids and some magic shots. Those are some of the best pictures we have from the parks.

In all i think it was definitely worth the money we have family shots that look great and will be memories for a life time. I can't wait to download them and start on my photo book!

racin23

I was on the fence about whether or not the memory maker was worth the advance purchase price of $169. We just came back from our trip on Tuesday. we were there 6 days and in all we took 168 pictures -- we certainly did not grab every photographer that we saw but would stop a few times per day to get pictures at different spots throughout the parks-- we especially liked all the photographers down main st at magic kingdom. You could stop different times of the day and get pictures of us in front of the castle -- my favorite are the night time pictures with the castle draped in crystal lights. So beautiful!!
We love the ride pictures and especially the videos we got from tower of terror and the dwarfs mine train. After getting off the rides it was nice to know we could get the pictures in our memory maker instead of paying $20 per ride photo. I would never pay that for a single ride photo. I think with the ride photos it is worth it alone -- we went on most of the rides that have photopass.

The photographers do have different personalities -- some just simply snap a picture or two and you are on your way. Others really enjoy their job and will take time to set up different shots and do some of the magic shots. One in particular was a woman named Nikki who was at Hollywood studios in front of ToT. She had some people waiting for her, but she wasn't rushing and took her time with doing some family shots, shots of the just the kids and some magic shots. Those are some of the best pictures we have from the parks.

In all i think it was definitely worth the money we have family shots that look great and will be memories for a life time. I can't wait to download them and start on my photo book!

I just came back from a trip and had memory maker as well and it was great, similar to your experience it's up to you to get pictures taken but it's easy to accumulate a lot, I was there 4 days and had almost 250 photos!
Overall I think Memory Maker is totally worth the money.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
We always purchase the package, worth the money for the special ones and now that there are added videos from various rides it is even better.

SDisney90

Glad to read good reviews about this. Haven't really looked into to it to be honest but I think that's going to change. The video idea is pretty awesome, I'd love to see my famous on ToT. Thanks for the review OP also, I would recommend maybe sending an E-mail about the CM from Hollywood Studios. Who knows, maybe she will get recognition for the great job shes been doing, always worth it :)

Mrs Potts

I'm thinking about doing this for our upcoming trip. Part of the family will be off with their band group and so I'd like to have one place for all our photos. Plus they can get shots with all of their friends as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom