My ME luggage tags never arrived.....

Cindyrella

We are leaving Wednesday morning. I know I can give my baggage claim ticket to the ME representative, but how will they know to get my bags w/o the coveted yellow tags? Should I just pick up my bags myself? Has anyone had any probelms getting your luggage w/o the tags? Might seem silly, but I'm nervous I won't see my luggage again. I did pack a carry on with things will need for the first day.

JaSnake16

I am leaving on Thursday and as of last week I never received my tags. I called Disney over the weekend to inquire and they told me to talk to the ME representative to find out the status of the tags and that the service is extremely backed up. I knew that would mean that I wont receive the tags and I would wind up giving the voucher to the CM at the airoport. I was concerned about if and when my luggage would show up w/o the tags on it so I told the operator to just cancel my ME service. I decided to rent a car from the airport instead.

Upvote 0

AEfx

Even if you DID get your bags, I'd STILL tell you to get it yourself. :)

It just saves such hassle. You get your bags, then report to the ME counter. You don't have to describe your bags to them (I saw people pointing out from a picture book saying "my bag looks sort of like this, with a green trim..."), you don't have to wait for your luggage to arrive (reports are it is still taking many hours for the bags to get there for some), and you are assured you have your stuff (no wondering if it goes missing who lost it - Disney or the airline).

The busses have plenty of room for luggage, and the CM's will be nothing but relieved that you just went and got your own.

Good luck!

AEfx

Upvote 0

AEfx

JaSnake16 said:
I was concerned about if and when my luggage would show up w/o the tags on it so I told the operator to just cancel my ME service. I decided to rent a car from the airport instead.

You could save a ton of money by just getting your bags yourself, like you are going to have to anyway, and taking the ME.

The baggage service is optional.

AEfx

Upvote 0
From what I have gathered from reading other posts is that you can still get your own bags before you go and check in at the ME desk. And just bring bags with you on the bus.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

This is absolutely correct. The baggage service and DME and not tied together and can be used together or not!!! I Agree with AEfx, pull your own luggage and then head on over to the DME check in. The ride itself wasnt a bad gig at all and I was at my resort in 1 hour and 15 minutes after I stepped off the plane!!!! The included walking through the airline terminal, getting down to the DME desk, checking in, getting on line for the bus, getting on the bus, departing, the drive to Disney and stopping at two other resorts first!!! Not bad I would say especially when you factor in that it is free!!!! It is far better timing wise than Mears ever was!!!!! if you have any concerns as was previously mentioned pull your own bags and enjoy the rest of the service. It may not be as Magical as your bags just appearing in your room, but if that makes your more confident and comfortable, that is more important!!! Belle

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

God, the more I hear about ME, the more that I think I'm just going to call Tiffany Town Car anyway for my transportation to the AKL! Granted, my flight will be landing at 11:30 PM, and so I'll want to ensure that I have my luggage with me to avoid the 3 AM wake up call, but there just seems to be way too many hassles with this service!!

Upvote 0

The_CEO

lawyergirl77 said:
God, the more I hear about ME, the more that I think I'm just going to call Tiffany Town Car anyway for my transportation to the AKL! Granted, my flight will be landing at 11:30 PM, and so I'll want to ensure that I have my luggage with me to avoid the 3 AM wake up call, but there just seems to be way too many hassles with this service!!

You must of forgotten that this is a free service offered by The Walt Disney Company....

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

The_CEO said:
You must of forgotten that this is a free service offered by The Walt Disney Company....

While I appreciate the sarcasm, I definitely did not forget that they were offering it free for now as an enticement to use the service in the future.

Call me crazy, but when I have a really late flight, having heard horror stories about the service (especially from the people who have had late arrival times), I would rather be safe than sorry. No point in getting my vacation off on the wrong foot.

I have enough crap thrown at me in my daily life, don't need to have more flung at me when I'm trying to get away from it all!!! :)

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

I am leaving Friday, and have not yet recieved tags. If they dont come, I think the 6 of us will just get our own bags from the airport, but still use DME. I am confident that with the new reports coming DME is constantly getting better. I called the special DME number tonight and it starts off with a 2 minute recorded message about what to do if your tags dont arrive. No matter what happens, we are not going to let our first 2 hours in Orlando ruin our vacation.

Upvote 0

AEfx

lawyergirl77 said:

It's really not that bad if you just forgo the baggage part. If you do a town car you will be doing it anyway. Just look at it as a free shuttle to WDW and ignore the rest, and it really is a great service!

It is just too bad they tried to do so much at once - between the shuttle, the luggage, and the airline check-in, I think they added two too many components. Most people would have been pleased as punch if they just did the shuttle.

At 11:30, you should have an easier time - less lines, etc. Just grab your own bags and enjoy a FREE ride to WDW!

AEfx

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

AEfx said:
It's really not that bad if you just forgo the baggage part. If you do a town car you will be doing it anyway. Just look at it as a free shuttle to WDW and ignore the rest, and it really is a great service!

It is just too bad they tried to do so much at once - between the shuttle, the luggage, and the airline check-in, I think they added two too many components. Most people would have been pleased as punch if they just did the shuttle.

At 11:30, you should have an easier time - less lines, etc. Just grab your own bags and enjoy a FREE ride to WDW!

AEfx

Is it really going to be hassle-free when it comes to getting a bus to the AKL at 11:30, or will it be the "milk run" with all of the stragglers? I don't want to have to make stops at a thousand resorts along the way... I'm pretty cranky when I get off airplanes (although, somehow landing in MCO is never that bad! :D ), and I will have written my final bar exam 8 hours earlier. Patience may be at a premium (and I'm normally a really patient person, I swear!!!)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah you could do the free ride. Although or service was less than stellar and we did receive a much unwanted wakeup call at 2:20 am...took me a few minutes to wake up and realize that someone was beating on OUR door! duh....when we checked in they said it would be 4 hours and it was 4 hours and 20 minutes...but they forgot that we asked them to just hold the bags until at least 6am. We did this on the second day, May 6th and didn't know that we could grab our own bags or we would have done just that.
However, if you are in a hurry to get to your resort then just spend the extra $80-$100 and get the town car. We were the first stop on our bus, but because there weren't a whole lot of people..maybe 22 people but at 5 resorts and it was late we all went on one bus. I'd have hated to be the last stop that night. somethings are just worth the money ya know.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Dwarful said:
*snip*
We were the first stop on our bus, but because there weren't a whole lot of people..maybe 22 people but at 5 resorts and it was late we all went on one bus. I'd have hated to be the last stop that night. somethings are just worth the money ya know.

Ouch. That would be ridiculously painful... Which hotel were you staying at? Do you know where the other people were going?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we were staying at Pop Century. i know that others were staying at Caribbean, Boardwalk, All Stars and one other that escapes me now. but that 2:20 wake up with small kids was not the way we wanted to start our vacation let me tell you!

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

I leave on Thursday and no bag tags. Not even going to spend my time calling. I have reconfirmed that I am on ME and my receipt show it. Just going to pick up my bags myself. I thought about booking the town car, but decided to give this a chance.

Wish me luck!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

We pulled our own bags and were at our hotel about 50 minutes after stepping off of the plane. A good thing to know is that after you grab your bags, just go down to the level with the rental cars and DME is at the end. They were really nice about us grabbing our bags ourselves and gave us a certificate for a free lanyard and pin. Was well worth saving the $100 for the ride!!

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

Original Poster
Everyone-
Thanks for your input! I've decided just to pull the bags myself and enjoy the ride on ME knowing I have my bags. I am a little disappointed I never received the tags. Since I'm taking my 3 yo and 1 yo by myself (DH just started Nursing school and is VERY busy,) I thought it would be great not to have to get luggage. However, I am really looking forward to the trip. To all going soon, enjoy!!!

Upvote 0

BonzoAPD

It is hard for me to belive that so many people are having problems with Magical Express. I didn't have one ounce of trouble. I thought it was truely magical. We were in and out of the airport very quickly and after being in my room for a 1/2 hour my bags arrived. It was perfect. Maybe I am thye only one who had a great experience?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Bonzo, As I had said my experience was great as well. I didnt stick aound the room to see when my bags came in but they were there when we got back from the Magic Kingdom!!!! I think packing a carryon with soem essentials is a necessary thing if you are going for the baggage service. other than that grab your bags yourself, have piece of mind and enjoy your trip!!! But definitely take advantage of this great service!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom