My Master Plan-MGM

Chad

Original Poster
Wow, it seems like this place's traffic has died down considerably...
But anyways, I am going to give my master plan for what I want for each of the parks, and what I would like to see happen.
I'll start with MGM, then I'll do one for Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Then just the general WDW. But not in that order.

Comments are welcome and expected.

OK, to start off, MGM is a blossoming flower, it has truly developed and become a great park, with plenty to do, not to mention, two of the greatest thrill rides I've been on.

However, there is room for improvement.

I'll start with the great movie ride.

Now I know alot of people here say the movie ride is outdated and old, and my answer would be "It's supposed to be." It features the older movies and the newer ones, but a few allterations would make it more fun.

Don't change anything all the way up until the indiana jones section, right after the car driver touches the stone, and disappears, there is a segment with mummies and egyptian theme. It would be great if they could incorporate brendan freiser into this section and make it a Mummy scene, maybe have him shooting at a big, screaming mummy....

Next, the Tarzan scene. Take it out. Instead, make the next segment dedicated to love stories, and make it a Titanic scene, with jack and rose floating in the water, and since the cars go by here so slowly, they would have enough time to give the whole 'Never let go' speech....Next would be the Casablanca scene so the love story theme would hold out. Then we would go to fantasia, then the wizard of oz, then the big film finale. Cut out the film finale and save it for later. Use the room for a dedication to action movies, have two scenes, one for The Matrix and one for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I'm not sure how they would do this, they could either use very advanced animitronics, or they could use halograms or something...Perhaps i'll get a bit more detailed on this later. Then the cars would re-enter the loading area, but all the lights would be out, and it would look similar to the end of Journey into your imagination, with all the fiber optic lights on the walls, so you can't tell its the unloading area. A big screen would be on the wall infront, in the big film finale would be shown, probably shortened abit, and then at the end, a speaker would shout,"Cut!" and the light would return, and you would exit your car. These ideas would definatly update it a bit, while still leaving most of the old movies there, and keeping them from doing any major building changes. Also, I thinik the outside of the building should be changed, the chinese theater facade is VERY big, and would make the whole area seem crouded after the mickey hat is built. Taken it down and replacing it with a smaller entrance would be better, I'm thinking of something like Movie film reels and film that is low to the ground covering the building, I'll draw a picture so I can show it to you...

Moving on. I praise god that doug was taken out. bring back Superstar television! Make the show more recent, and include survivor and let the audience vote people offf the show! also include seinfeld, the practice, dark angel, and I love lucy. this show was wonderful before they replaced it. Ok, moving down more onto sunset boulevard, provide a backroute from the rock n' rollercoaster courtyard to the animation courtyard, back behind all those resteraunts. This would reduce the amount of traffic, by making the dead-end into more of a loop. Also, make three entrances into fantasmic, one were the exit is up in fornt of the park, and ine farther up on sunset boulevard, which would definetly help with crowd control.

More too come..........

Chad

Original Poster
Geez, look at me and my run-on sentences....
Anyways, moving on.
Bear in the big blue house. I don't normally make judgements on shows before watching them, but I would MUCH rather them but something in there that has to do more with animation, after all, it is the ANIMATION courtyard, and BitBBH isn't cutting it. I would rather see a crazy rodent type roller coaster, very tame of course, put in there that would go through the scenes of the lion king...That would be fun!
Use the Lights, Camera, Action! Theater as a tribute to walt disney show, and borrow some space from the back stage pass tour for an exhibit with some of his models and original plans and such...

Compact the Backlot tour!!! Make it smaller! Move most of the houses and the props closer together and to the left side, free up all that open space! This would make room for my 007 ride <which was on the other board I'll have it up on my website soon> and an indiana jones ride <Which, I would prefer to be the temple of doom coaster, I'll explain why later>

Move the hunchback of notre dame to the tommorowland theater <I'll go in more depth when i post my idea changes for MK>
and use the Al's toy barn and the old theater space to make a kid friendly interactive type ride, Maybe the firehunter idea could be adapted to the movie Backdraft and be inserted here? Or, I have an idea for an 'Alien' ride using spiderman technology, though that wouldn't be too kid friendly

Who Wants to be a millionare-Play it! Should have an INDOOR line! The fast pass people should wait outside, because their window of return is so small, and the other people should wait inside!!!

Update star tours, and make it like a true travel agency. Have to rides in one, You can either go to endor <current ride> or go to Tatooine <the rumored new ride> There could be three lines for this ride, Fast pass, a line for visitors how don't care which ride they go on, and one for riders who have a preference.

And to conclude my lengthy analysis of MGM, change the indiana jones stunt show to the rumored Armageddon stunt show!

Ta Da!

These are all the things I would like to see changed at the MGM studios...PHEW!

JBloom1029

the ideas are very good but one problem is many of those ideas u have are not from disney or mgm movies for example mummy and backdraft are both universal.

Chad

Original Poster
yeah, I know....
It's more wishful thinking then anything. I had no clue who produced backdraft, but I knew Mummy was universal. Perhaps they would let them borrow the rights, I mean, its just a little scene in the movie.

I know alot of that stuff isn't from MGM or Disney, seinfeld was nbc, but It's just stuff that I think would be good

Chad

Original Poster
OK! OK! I believe you! I wasn't challenging your knowledge! :)
Then I'll just have to think up another MGM-Disney friendly ride to put back there...

Chad

Original Poster
Yup, they do!
Did you read my old ride idea back on the old posting board? I should bring that one back to life...Anyway to retrieve the old posts?

wdwmaniac

I think they will close the Great Movie ride and make a new ride. They are thinking about dropping the MGM from the name and making it Disney-ABC Studios. They would get rid of any MGM brand stuff. That would not be hard because they only use MGM movies and stuff in the Great Movie Ride.

JBloom1029

im with chad and say they shoudnt take it away just remove it. i love seeing all the old movie classic scenes before the ride and during the ride.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
I think they will close the Great Movie ride and make a new ride. They are thinking about dropping the MGM from the name and making it Disney-ABC Studios. They would get rid of any MGM brand stuff. That would not be hard because they only use MGM movies and stuff in the Great Movie Ride.

i'd be welling to bet after the celebration at MGM that something is going to happen to the GMR. I mean think about it. Why would they just stick the hat perfectly in front of it. Hmmm makes u wonder doesnt it? for the past 2 years its been rumored that the GMr would close. and it MGM gets it name dropped. then who knows what might go on with this ride.

kevlightyear

I love your ideas about the finale Chad! The titanic scene could work as well. I must be the only person who likes Doug, but I will miss it. I also love your idea on Star Tours--it needs a change. An Armageddon stunt show. . . this is the first I've heard of it, but so far, I like it.
As a suggestion to add, I think some sort of a walkway would be benficial between Mickey Ave. and Comissary Lane--somewhere in the middle of that strip of buildings. When I went, it was such a pain walking all the way around. especially going from GMR to Millionaire.
Can't wait for your analysis of the other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom