My Ideas For An Updated futureworld at Epcot

Harryg11

Original Poster
I have made a previous thread on here outlining some of my ideas and design work for a new Horizons Pavilion but I thought today I would make a thread outlining my ideas for the rest of the future world section of the park. I would love some feedback, let me know what you all think!

General:
The first big thing is bringing back the (in my opinion) amazing Epcot logos for each of the futureworld pavilions. I also feel there must be a much nicer looking approach to the leave a legacy "tombstones". Maybe a mosaic using all of them or some kind of fountain/planter with them round the base of it.

Spaceship Earth:
I would love to see a return of Tomorrows Child to Spaceship Earth, I always considered this to be the theme song for spaceship earth, much like Listen to the Land for the Land Pavilion or One Little Spark for Imagination. I also think some kind of communications themed ending could be put in place instead of the current make a future ending. One idea I thought of is as youre descending you would see hundreds of peoples faces with their favourite form of communication displayed on the screen which you could add your own to. This wouldn't be too disruptive or hard to impliment and would fit in far better with the theme of the ride.

The Centrecore:
I really like this name from the old World of Motion ride and I think it fits well for the centre of the park. innoventions and communicore were both good names I feel, but communicore could be confused as it being the communications pavilion instead of Spaceship Earth and personally I am not a big fan of the name innoventions. The new Centrecore would be a celebration of science and invention, showcasing new breakthroughs and one ride in the East wing and a museum in the West celebrating everything Epcot and the inventions that made the park so special.
Centrecore East:
The big attraction in the East wing would be an updated recreation of Adventures Thru Inner Space from Disneylands Tommorowland. Entering through the mighty microscope, guests would be "shrunk down" to explore the tiny world of atoms inside a snowflake. Using new technologies this ride would also be a showcase of invention in ride design, for this reason I think it could be an omnimover system with VR headsets that are put on after entering the microscope as special "micro-goggles" allowing you to see the world inside the molecules. This would also tie in with the history aspect of the west wing pulling all the themes of Centrecore together. The rest of this space would be used to display new technologies and scientific breakthroughs around the themes of the rest of the park (communication, the future, transport etc) this would make sense as the centre of the park looking at all the themes.
Centrecore West:
This wing would be dedicated to the history of Epcot and all the changes that have been made to the park since opening day. It would have sections dedicated to each pavilion showcasing old rides, animatronics, layouts, etc as well as video ridethroughs and facts. I think this would please older fans of the park and would also help to show kids how ride technology and ideas have evolved over time tying into the theme again of the whole of Centrecore.

Universe of Energy:
This was the one pavilion I struggled to come up with much for other than pretty much reverting it to how it was originally but with Bill Nye in the video scenes. Therefore I strated browsing the forums to see if I could find if anyone else had come up with a better idea for this. I found DisneyManOne's epcot thread and I think their idea is fantastic being the perfect blend of education and entertainment. I hope they don't mind me mentioning their ideas here, but I think this would be the perfect update for this pavilion.

Space:
This is the first new pavilion. The space pavilion would utilise the old Wonders of Life pavilion. Guests would enter through the spaceport and board their "shuttle" this would be the old Mission:Space ride which will have been moved, an optional cinema would be included for guests who didn't want to or couldn't ride mission space, even the green path. The cinema would also be a fast track 'warp gate' to the station for guests who wanted to avoid the ride and the film. Once guests exit from any of these routes they enter Mars base through Airlocks. This puts them into the dome structure which would be redone as a large research station with science themed activities and areas. Another idea is a space food restaurant serving dried food in foil bags. The domes roof would be a planetarium projecting views of the stars, space and Mars onto the roof. Using the old cranium command theatre a new ride about a robot rover exploring the surface of Mars and collecting information, with the guests inside its 'brain'. Another ride would be a space flight through the planets and solar system using the space and similar ride system to body wars. Finally to exit the pavilion guests would exit through a cinema themed as a space bus with a short film showing the return to earth.

The Future:

The future pavilion will be the new Horizons pavilion, my ideas of which can be found here.

Motion:
The motion pavilion will be an expansion to test track adding a new ride similar to World of Motion looking at how transport has evolved through the ages. Also expanding the interactive exhibits area looking more at the future of transport.

The Seas:
I think the seas needs to lose Nemo, as great as the film is I think EPCOT should return to a more educational theme and restrict the Disney characters used in the park. I think really all the seas needs is a return of the hydrolators and a longer more thought out seacab ride. The ride could be more like the original plans for it, or be similar to submarine voyage. I also think they could add more interactive exhibits inside this pavilion.

The Land:
I like the current iteration of the Land especially as it contains the only (to my knowledge) classic epcot ride that remains almost completely unchanged. The only thing I would change is bring back the listen to the land theme and possibly change the name back. For Soarin, I would personally change it to the Soarin over the world attraction from Disneyland Shanghai. I was thinking of changing the foyer area into a more land themed look with desert, forest, snow, etc areas. I have heard a lot of people mentioning a weather pavilion, but I feel that this would be something included within the land. So I think a new ride like a tornado or extreme weathers simulator could be added as a 3rd ride.

Imagination!:
I feel the Imagination pavilion needs a complete overhaul. Basically I would personally redo the whole ride and return it to full length by relocating the Imageworks back upstairs. The ride would feature Figment and Dreamfinder on a journey through the world of imagination. I would love to see it done as a fully built ride with audio animatronics, sets, amazing effects, etc. but if that were not possible another option would be to do it with VR which may seem like a cop out but with the correct tech it could incorporate guest interaction and do a lot more than is possible with actual sets. It moght even be possible to use a combination of both or do something similar to Shanghais Pirates of the Caribbean with giant screens blended seamlessly with actual sets.

Wonders Of Life:
My idea for a new Wonders of Life would be a journey through the human body, much like the original idea for this pavilion. With new technology and advances. I like the idea of an omnimover/rollercoaster hybrid, I thought it would be cool to travel "through blood vessels" from which you can see the parts of the body you are traveling to, the blood vessels would be fast rollercoaster style with the interiors of the organs are slow omnimover style, with the brain being a final fast travel synapse section akin to space mountain. This would give Epcot another thrill ride that also incorporates edutainment. The rest of the attractions in the building will be similar to the original (body wars, cranium command, etc)

Thats all my ideas for now, as I said before feedback is more than welcome, i look forward to hearing what you guys think!

Harryg11

Original Poster
I noticed you referenced one of my ideas. I'm honestly really flattered! And also, do you think we'll see any progress on your Horizons 2.0 project sometime soon? I really do enjoy the concept, my friend.
thank you! Im really glad!! I think all your ideas are fantastic, especially your ideas for the energy pavilion, I found it to be extremely chalenging to come up with much other than reverting it to its original or having it as just Bill Nye. Most certainly! Things have slowed down a bit recently, ive been given a lot more responsibility in my actual job and its left me quite drained, but now ive gotten used to it i can get back to Horizons, hopefully this weekend ill have most of or all of the script up as well as some more scenes. Im gonna start putting together something for the space pavilion that I suggested here as well.

Don't forget a Cranium Command upgrade theme to Inside Out.
I think an inside out theme would be great for Wonders Of Life, but I was running along the lines that Epcot originaly had of no characters in the park (with Figment and Dreamfinder being obvious exceptions). Then again, with Inside Out being inspired by Cranium Command could the characters be considered Epcot characters?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom