My ideas for a Second Gate for Hong Kong Disneyland

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
I've heard a lot of talk about the imagineers working to one-up one of the lesser international resorts, Hong Kong Disneyland. Luckily, I have ideas to do this. I have ideas for a second park (which I would like somebody to map out for me.) However, before we talk about that, here's what I would do with the first park:

Main Street (no changes)
Adventureland: split into two areas: an African jungle outpost and a Polynesian village.
Jungle Cruise and Tarzan's treehouse would remain as part of the jungle village. In the meantime, the Festival of the Lion King would be demolished to make way for a new attraction, Tiki Mountain, which is a Tower-of-Terror ride where guests travel through the oceans and encounter the gods of Polynesia. Liki Tikis and the Moana show would be relocated here.
Grizzly Gulch (no changes)
Mystic Point (no changes, except the Polynesian tiki scene on Mystic Manor is replaced by an India scene similar to Indiana Jones Adventure's Mara scene)
Toy Story Land: Rethemed to Toy Story Park. This contains a 1900s amusement park with a coney island flair. Contains Toy Story Midway Mania.
Fantasyland: With the Frozen addition to the park, Mickey's Philharmagic would be replaced by a Fantasia show and the theater near Small World would become home for a new Mandarin production.
Tomorrowland: Split into two areas: spaceport and Stark Expo. Stark Expo contains all of the Marvel stuff while Spaceport would feature other things. The original overlay of Space Mountain as well as Stitch Encounter would return. The jedi training stage would be cleared to make way for something new, perhaps a new restaurant.

And now, it is time for my new park: Disney's Worlds of Wonder. This is a park where guests can travel the world, through space, and many other places, all in the same day. This is done in the way of Tokyo Disneysea.

Old China: The "Main Street" of the park that recreates China amidst the 1500s.
Vulcania: The center of the park based off of Jules Verne adventures.
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Located behind Mount Prometheus and hidden from sight is the rocky spire planet of Batuu, where a battle rages between the Resistance and the First Order. This is a smaller scale than its American counterparts.
Mermaid Kingdom: A kiddie land based off of "The Little Mermaid."
Neverland: A magical area based off of "Peter Pan" with jungles, a shipwreck village, and a pirate ship. Helps transition Mermaid Kingdom to Trreasure Bay.
Treasure Bay: An old Spanish Caribbean town in the 1700s which has been taken over by pirates. This features a modified version of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Marine Life Institue: A semi-educational area based off of "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dory."
And Last but not Least, Discovery Fair: An Epcot-style area which focuses on the optimism of the future. Contains Soarin', a relaunched Horizons, and a modified version of Spaceship Earth, which focuses more on Chinese history.

And there you have it. My ideas for how to spruce up Hong Kong Disneyland.

Btw, this is my first post.

WazHatter08

Dude this is awesome. For Discovery Park, what if there’s a ride where you go back in time to see some history, like it can be a thrill ride as long as you add some historical influence to it

spacemt354

Chili's
Nice ideas! It's funny back in 2017 we also came up with that name (except for a Uni park) - it's a great name!
77d189_2388f9ead9344a8c8792b9653d064285~mv2.png

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
For those wanting to know what's in World of Wonders, here's a list:
This goes clounterclockwise around the park.
Old China:
1. Help and Services
2. Reflections of China
3. Mulan show
4. Teahouse
5. Garden of the Twelve Friends
6. Meet Mickey at the Mandarin Palace
7. Chinese Restaurant
8. Trading Post
9. Curiosities Shop
Vulcania:
10. Journey to the Center of the Earth
11. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
12. Captain Nemo's Kitchen
13. Nautlius Treasures
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge:
14. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
15. Droid Depot
16. Savi's Workshop
17. Cantina
18. Batuu Bazaar
Mermaid Kingdom (all indoors expect 19):
19. Scuttle's Scuttlers
20. The whirlpool
21. Jumping Jellyfish
22. Blowfish Balloon Race
23, Ariel's Grotto
24. Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen
25. Kiss the Girl Fashions
26. Whoosits and Whatsits Galore
Nerverland:
27. Lost Boys Play Area
28. Peter Pan's Flight
29. Pixie Hollow
30. Hook's Swinging Galleon
31. Neverland Coaster
32. Mermaid Kitchen
33. Lost Boys snack Stand
34. Tinker Bell's Lost Things
35. Off to Neverland
Treasure Bay:
36. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Treasure Mountain
37. Eye of the Storm: Captain Jack's Stunt Show
38. Black Pearl
40. Joshamee Gibbs' Culinary Cavern
41. Snackin' Kraken
42. Pieces of Eight
43. Dead Man's Chest
44. The Pirate's League
Marine Life Institute:
45. Turtle Talk with Crush
46. Nemo and Friends AquaCoaster
47. Marine Life Institute Discovery Center
48. The Sea Exhibits
49. Bruce's Kitchen (Fish are Friends, not Food)
50. Marine Life Institute Dining Hall
51. MINE! MINE! MINE!
52. Marine Life Institute Emporium
Discovery Fair:
53. Spaceship Earth
54. Soarin'
55. Horizons
56. Wonders of Tomorrow (interactive exhibits)
57. Future Store
58. Discovery Kitchen
59. World's Fair Snack Stands

60. There will be a boat going around the park with stations in Old China, Neverland, and Marine Life Institute.

There will also be a World of Color-type show in the lagoon, which is between Vulcania, Discovery Fair, and Old China.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Dude this is awesome. For Discovery Park, what if there’s a ride where you go back in time to see some history, like it can be a thrill ride as long as you add some historical influence to it
You know, Discovery Fair is more of an educational area. Luckily, there is a Nemo-themed coaster next door which is supposed to make you feel like you're gliding through the oceans with Crush, Ray, and others. Not a bad idea for a history coaster. I was thinking of a rollercoaster called "Time Mountain" where guests go on a time-traveling thrill ride throughout history, including a WWII dogfight, a dinosaur rampage, and a Wild West train robbery.

WazHatter08

You know, Discovery Fair is more of an educational area. Luckily, there is a Nemo-themed coaster next door which is supposed to make you feel like you're gliding through the oceans with Crush, Ray, and others.
oh cool. I was just throwing out the idea of going back to the past to teach history and a roller coaster just made sense to me

tcool123

One thing to note is that while most of China speaks Mandarin, only 48% of Hong Kong instead they speak more Cantonese.

Maybe the show in the theater could offer versions in both?

Last edited:

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
One thing to note is that while msit of China speaks Mandarin only 48% of Hong Kong insteand they speak more Cantonese.

Maybe the show in the theater could offer versions in both?
Good point. I forgot that they spoke two languages in Hong Kong. I shall have three shows, one in Cantonese, one in Mandarin, and one in English (Hong Kong was a British-owned area until 1997, so I assume that there must be a few English-speakers there.)

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Yes, I've heard of the Pooh ban. If it were me, I would replace it with another Fantasyland attraction. However, neither of the Pooh attractions in China have been removed, so maybe it's okay to keep it there.
I would offer my opinions on the subject, but I don't want to get political (includes foreign politics.)

Disney Dad 3000

Can I get someone to draw this park out please? I want to see how it would be.

You ought to consider giving it a go. You might surprise yourself. Start small mapping out the entry and then one land at a time. With it being your park idea, you may find things you want to exclude/include as you work through it.

Aerials of theme parks are great reference tools for space and ride design judgements. Maybe even just do something really rough like blocking out a general layout in shapes and do formal drawing later or check out programs like paint.net, PowerPoint, etc pending what computer availability is like. Plenty of experienced folks around here that would be happy to give feedback or pointers.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
You ought to consider giving it a go. You might surprise yourself. Start small mapping out the entry and then one land at a time. With it being your park idea, you may find things you want to exclude/include as you work through it.

Aerials of theme parks are great reference tools for space and ride design judgements. Maybe even just do something really rough like blocking out a general layout in shapes and do formal drawing later or check out programs like paint.net, PowerPoint, etc pending what computer availability is like. Plenty of experienced folks around here that would be happy to give feedback or pointers.
I've tried doing it on Sketchup, but I couldn't get the sizes right. Not to mention, it kept going down and up with me when I didn't want it.

tcool123

I've made all of maps via good old Microsoft Paint! Luckily I'm in the midst of doing a Disney World porject, and have a map I have been working on for an alternate Toy Story Land at Studios!

TSL.png

This map is pretty rough rn, but that's okay as it is just a draft!

• I always start off with a screenshot pulled from Google Earth as I can set in an angle and position that captures the whole land.
    • In addition while Google Maps may take forever to update much of Google Earth is updated often, and I believe this is an image of DHS from this past May!
For the next process I use the Microsoft Paint Shape Option of Polygon, and start shaping up what I want on my map. Make sure to have the fill option on if you want it to have more a map feel :)
  • From there I start to outline all the backstage areas in a "concrete gray" as it gives me boundaries to work in.
  • Then things like trees, gardens, berms and other green get that "forest green", and if there's any water I go with a "dark lake blue".
  • From there its a matter of what you want in you land proper I typically outline my paths with a "walkway brown".
  • Then I give all buildings a black outline with a tan filling as I find white straining to the eye for long periods of times.
  • Once all that is done, you can go in and in small details such as alternate paths, archways, decorations, etc.
  • Then, if you wish, you go and fix it up lines that have been smudged in the process of all this Microsoft Paintining!
  • Then label the map and you're all set!
You can do the same technique and create attraction layouts to, here's an example for something I made for school:

Elmo.png

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
I've made all of maps via good old Microsoft Paint! Luckily I'm in the midst of doing a Disney World porject, and have a map I have been working on for an alternate Toy Story Land at Studios!

View attachment 643598

This map is pretty rough rn, but that's okay as it is just a draft!

• I always start off with a screenshot pulled from Google Earth as I can set in an angle and position that captures the whole land.
    • In addition while Google Maps may take forever to update much of Google Earth is updated often, and I believe this is an image of DHS from this past May!
For the next process I use the Microsoft Paint Shape Option of Polygon, and start shaping up what I want on my map. Make sure to have the fill option on if you want it to have more a map feel :)
  • From there I start to outline all the backstage areas in a "concrete gray" as it gives me boundaries to work in.
  • Then things like trees, gardens, berms and other green get that "forest green", and if there's any water I go with a "dark lake blue".
  • From there its a matter of what you want in you land proper I typically outline my paths with a "walkway brown".
  • Then I give all buildings a black outline with a tan filling as I find white straining to the eye for long periods of times.
  • Once all that is done, you can go in and in small details such as alternate paths, archways, decorations, etc.
  • Then, if you wish, you go and fix it up lines that have been smudged in the process of all this Microsoft Paintining!
  • Then label the map and you're all set!
You can do the same technique and create attraction layouts to, here's an example for something I made for school:

View attachment 643603
Interesting. I'll have to find out how I can do that..........because my Sketchup trial has expired. Either I'll have to pay more to have it done or I'll have to try something else.

tcool123

Interesting. I'll have to find out how I can do that..........because my Sketchup trial has expired. Either I'll have to pay more to have it done or I'll have to try something else.
Microsoft Paint is a piece of free software that you can find online from Microsoft. I also will occasionally use Paint.Net which is also another free software, and one I prefer when it comes to photoshopping things or coloring in the drawings I have from hand

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom