My idea for expansion and improvements to MK

flavious27

Original Poster
I personally could see that working. Look at how Disneyland worked Indy into their Adventureland area...with a very long yet cool queue. As for the parade float road...well, there's always the possibility of either building a bridge going over it or a tunnel under it. Disney has built around many obstacles in years past, and I really don't see this as a big obstacle they couldn't get around. I would love to see AC make it's way into AL too...but I would place it at the entrance of the land replacing the now defunct old restaurant they had there.

What restaurant was that? I know that disney co has the no alcohol rule for their mk parks, secluding it away would limit alcoholic sales into later in the day.

MerlinTheGoat

In that new little Adventureland area you're proposing, i'd rather see an Aladdin dark ride than the current magic carpets Dumbo ride they've got. I say get rid of the Aladumbo spinner completely, it's kind of cheap IMO and an Aladdin attraction deserves much better.

My proposal of an Aladdin ride would be a fully-realized indoors dark ride where you're taken on a magic carpet flight. Ride system would be similar to Peter Pan, though much updated with more range of movement (tilting left/right/forward/back, especially around curves). Have it speed up and slow down during different parts of the ride itself (slower during story scenes, faster during action scenes). Nothing violent of course, it's still a dark ride with kids in mind (though it would be somewhat more exciting than other kid dark rides).

With all the new technology, i would love to see this happen, Aladdin deserves attention and dedication by turning it into a really good attraction with a lot of effort put into it.

@flavious27-

If i am to understand correctly, would your idea of a Western River Rapids ride be using a ride system ala Kali River and Grizzly River (CA)? The round boats i mean. Or is it more of a flume-type river ride? And would your idea have drops?

I get the feeling that if Disney ever did a Native American centric dark ride, they couldn't resist basing it on Pocahontas. They love their movies stuff.

flavious27

Original Poster
In that new little Adventureland area you're proposing, i'd rather see an Aladdin dark ride than the current magic carpets Dumbo ride they've got. I say get rid of the Aladumbo spinner completely, it's kind of cheap IMO and an Aladdin attraction deserves much better.

My proposal of an Aladdin ride would be a fully-realized indoors dark ride where you're taken on a magic carpet flight. Ride system would be similar to Peter Pan, though much updated with more range of movement (tilting left/right/forward/back, especially around curves). Have it speed up and slow down during different parts of the ride itself (slower during story scenes, faster during action scenes). Nothing violent of course, it's still a dark ride with kids in mind (though it would be somewhat more exciting than other kid dark rides).

With all the new technology, i would love to see this happen, Aladdin deserves attention and dedication by turning it into a really good attraction with a lot of effort put into it.

@flavious27-

If i am to understand correctly, would your idea of a Western River Rapids ride be using a ride system ala Kali River and Grizzly River (CA)? The round boats i mean. Or is it more of a flume-type river ride? And would your idea have drops?

I get the feeling that if Disney ever did a Native American centric dark ride, they couldn't resist basing it on Pocahontas. They love their movies stuff.

I don't see carpets as being the only Aladdin ride in this area, disney would not allow it and fans would not appreciate it. The area is tight, but I believe that imagineering can find a way to get another attraction in addition to an indy sized one.

The western river expedition ride would be a rapids ride. I imagine the lift hill being on the south side, which would also be high enough to match the height of the rock bridge. It would also travel partially inside its mini mountain.

The problem is that disney loves to tack a franchise onto attractions, even if it clashes with the theme. I don't see though how Pocahontas would fit into an indian village in the west.

Omegadiz

I dunno. I still think TSI North should be developed into an indian village. no attractions please.

Also, im not sure if we are keeping this in mind, but i dont think we want any attractions to clash with the ones at the other parks at the resort. That in mind, you might want to make your rappids really stand out.

Loving the idea of an advanced Aladdin darkride. Perhaps with an interactive Genie queue or durring the ride (one of the slow scenes) While on the topic of that ride. what rank of ride would it be? I personally see a way to make in an E-ticket:
If you start off near the scene where Aladdin first meets Genie, it could be the slow and normal dark ride. Then speed it up into a highspeed ride for the scene where they have to escape the cave of wonders. If your not going for that in particular, that would make a great addition for HKDL​
Back to the subject of reaching that AL land plot, i think i prefer the entrance being in adventure land as apposed to mainstreet.

Crazy Harry

@flavious27-

I always thought a slow ride version of a kuka robot arm should be used for Aladin with more of a hydralic type arm that can raise and lower the carpet.

flavious27

Original Poster
I dunno. I still think TSI North should be developed into an indian village. no attractions please.

Also, im not sure if we are keeping this in mind, but i dont think we want any attractions to clash with the ones at the other parks at the resort. That in mind, you might want to make your rappids really stand out.

Loving the idea of an advanced Aladdin darkride. Perhaps with an interactive Genie queue or durring the ride (one of the slow scenes) While on the topic of that ride. what rank of ride would it be? I personally see a way to make in an E-ticket:
If you start off near the scene where Aladdin first meets Genie, it could be the slow and normal dark ride. Then speed it up into a highspeed ride for the scene where they have to escape the cave of wonders. If your not going for that in particular, that would make a great addition for HKDL​
Back to the subject of reaching that AL land plot, i think i prefer the entrance being in adventure land as apposed to mainstreet.

Well I want to have the southern side to be the same height as thunder mountain with a gradual elevation reduction so it fits in. With the rapids ride traveling through a cave, it should stand out along with how wdi would add effects.

Well I added both paths because of how far away the land is away, I think guests might think of it as bit of a hike.

flavious27

Original Poster
I always thought a slow ride version of a kuka robot arm should be used for Aladin with more of a hydralic type arm that can raise and lower the carpet.

I can see that, guests being immersed into the world created during the song A Whole New World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom