My (husband's) aching feet...

aw14

As the husband in question, I have started to narrow it down to the Crocs Yukon slider or the Keens Daytona. I should admit that I have an odd combination with my feet. They are as flat as the floor but in the heat have a tendency to swell like a thanksgiving day parade balloon. I have had success with crocs before and they are relatively in expensive.

If I wear my running shoes, it will be the Brooks Beast. They are the equivalent to wearing a shoe box on my foot, which will most likely cause swelling in the heat when we go(last week of July).

lunchbox1175

I am a bigger guy and used to have all kinds of trouble with my feet at WDW until I started swapping out what I wore. On the day we arrive, I wear Addidas sandals, they are the type with the extra cushioning and padding, not the type that have the "texturing or massaging", also convenient for going thru security at the airport. After that, I alternate days between those and my Asics, I have a large foot, 13.5 4E, so I always go to Luke's Locker or Fleet Feet, as they are the only places I can usually get a good pair. I do break them in for about two weeks before going, and that helps as well. So one day sandals, then one day running shoes....I still get a little sore from standing, but I don't have to stop or take a break in the middle of the day anymore.

awheartsdw

Original Poster
Thank you to all for your insight. Now that DH has started following the post, I guess we will have some shoe shopping to do soon! I can only speculate at the excitement in that prospect that my DH must be feeling!

I second the gowalk by sketchers. I just bought shoes for the kindgom this weekend and while I did not buy them because of looks they were extremely light, where vented and really comfortable with arch support. to me, the color they had in stock looked a bit too boring, too gray, but they have other colors on their website.

Pixie VaVoom

As a big-girl, and one who RUINED her feet with years of toe-dancing over 15 years in ballet, I have VERY tender feet. I generally wear 2 pairs of thick socks and a pair of naturalizer brand sneaker sandals. They have open places for good ventilation, and they are just wonderful !!!

HM Spectre

I should admit that I have an odd combination with my feet. They are as flat as the floor but in the heat have a tendency to swell like a thanksgiving day parade balloon.

This is possibly what's causing your blisters. No matter what you get, be sure to size your shoes properly... namely, walk whatever distance you need to walk to get your feet to swell before shopping then make sure your shoes have enough room (but not too much!) If your feet have no room to breathe in your shoes it'll cause blisters but if they're sliding around, that'll cause blisters too. While they're swollen, get a shoe that has some breathing room but fits snug enough that it doesn't slide and you're golden.

loveofamouse

i have very big flat feet and get swelling with the walking. I gave up on sneakers as, no matter how supportive they were, by the end of the day, I felt like a rope was tied around my ankles cause of the swelling. Now, I wear flat flip flops. for me, being flat footed, I'm more comfortable without the arch support. With that hump, I feel it all day and end up with a pressure bruise in my arch cause I will still end up walking flat. With a flip flop, I also don't even notice the swelling. I feel like I'm just barefoot all day which makes this country girl happy :)

BuddyThomas

I would highly recommend Sketchers Go Bionic. I got a pair for my last trip and they were fairly amazing. Lightweight, lots of support in various areas, and a cool look. Perfect for theme park touring.

The cons are that they are somewhat expensive at $75.00, and as I have learned many times over the years, Sketchers are cheaply made, because they always fall apart quicker than other shoes. My Go Bionics from
last September are already splitting on the sides, where the mesh sides meet the rubber soles. But I'm like a battered wife. Sketchers keeps punching me in the face, and I keep coming back for more.

brokedad

We are on a quest to find the best shoes off my husband to wear during our trip this summer. We've visited several times before, mostly without incident, but we would like to be prepared and have my husband be comfortable. In the past he's worn flip flops, sneakers, and Crocs-mostly with a lot of blisters. My husband has a wide, flat foot so finding a good shoe for walking around Disney all day to accommodate these issues has been difficult. Men, now is your time to chime in and share what works for you (or women, speak for your souses). We have researched Keens, Crocs, Tevas and Skechers thus far. Any input to find the right shoe for "Cinderella" would most appreciated. Thanks!
I just bought a pair of new balance 495 from kohls, super light, wide, and comfortable. I always had Nike airs, but the new balance will probably be my choice from now on

PhotoDave219

We are on a quest to find the best shoes off my husband to wear during our trip this summer. We've visited several times before, mostly without incident, but we would like to be prepared and have my husband be comfortable. In the past he's worn flip flops, sneakers, and Crocs-mostly with a lot of blisters. My husband has a wide, flat foot so finding a good shoe for walking around Disney all day to accommodate these issues has been difficult. Men, now is your time to chime in and share what works for you (or women, speak for your souses). We have researched Keens, Crocs, Tevas and Skechers thus far. Any input to find the right shoe for "Cinderella" would most appreciated. Thanks!

Whatever he choses, make sure they are well broken in beforehand.

Personally, I like sketchers with their cushiony stuff inside

habuma

Regardless of the shoe, I highly recommend getting a body glide stick and rubbing that all over your feet before you put your shoes on and head out to the park. I could usually count on at least one or two blisters while walking in the parks, but I've not got a single blister since I started using body glide on my feet.

FWIW, I own some Keens and Tevas but I'm hesitant to commit to them for a full day in the parks. I *think* they'd be comfortable, but am scared to find out I'd be wrong. I've also got flat feet and for me, the problem isn't the walking...it's the standing. If I have to stand, my feet start aching really bad. But when I'm walking they're fine.

rdkargol

At the present time we both fime Solomon XR Mission's. They are a trail runner angive a lot of support. If yoou find a shoe that works for you buy it nad hope they will keep making them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom