My Honeymoon In Hawaii

bgraham34

Original Poster
Hello folks, I just got back from my honeymoon In Hawaii and we had a great time. We were gonna stop in Disneyland On our way home but realized and packed it was gonna be with Easter so we nixed the idea the last second. I have been there before but my wife has not. I promised her we could go next year. While in Hawaii we discussed our other vacation we took together to Disney. We said hawaii was great and wonderfull and so relaxing but not fun to the extent of Disney. Just 2 different types of vacations. So we are gonna try and go in Decmeber for 4 days since neither of us have been there for Christmas. So toodles for now.

sean:xmas:

CAPTAIN HOOK

While I like to read about your honeymoon - I think you should have posted under Chit Chat - just mentioning Disneyland doesn't qualify the thread for a General Discussion posting :animwink:

bgraham34

Original Poster
Forgive me spelling If I spell Islands wrong but. First off we flew from NJ to Salt Lake then Honolulu. Flights were long but not rough, just long. We Spent 1 night in honululu and Saw Waikiki and then went to Pearl harbor in the morning. The city was too congested for me to be around for my honeymoon. But we then went to Kawaii which was very pretty and so laid back i want to move there. Make sure you do a helicopter ride it is worth $200 a person. Also drive up to Waiemea Canyon that is cool and if you can PolePole State Park which is accessible to a dirt road thru sugar cane fields and when you see The Beach it is breath taking. Then we went to Maui. Which there are more things to do and more money to spend. If you like sea food make sure you try Mommas fish house in Paia. expensive but the best seafood I have ever had.

IM me for questions or to chit chat.
sean

FanofDinsey1981

we are also going to Kauai for a week, I plan on spending half of the time on the beach doing beach stuff, and half of the time going around the island. I have really wanted to try teh helecopter ride, so I think I amgoing to suprise him with a trip. I have heard amazing things about (as my little cousin calls it) the lilo and stitch island. :)

PeeplMoovr

My wife and I did our honeymoon in Maui last August. We spent 12 days.
We liked it so much we're going back this Saturday (4/17) for eight more days. Can't get enough of it. There's lots of active things to do (great snorkling, surfing, hiking, boating, swimming, etc.), and the "nightlife" in lahaina or kaanapali resorts is great, if anyone is interested in going. the mai-tai's are stiff and tasty.

Maui is my absolute favorite place in the world, with WDW a close second.

The flight from Seattle, where we live, is just over 5 1/2 hours. There's not much to see out the windows... just lots of blue ocean, really.

I don't know why I'm rambling about this... just thought it was cool that other WDW fans enjoyed Hawaii so much. And that I'm leaving to go to Maui in about 40 hours!
:sohappy:

Sorry for the edit... but I forgot one thing..

CONGRATS on your wedding and marriage.

westie

I got married in Disneyland and honeymooned in Disneyworld. Now thats a wedding and honeymoon. Hawaii:snore:

<---and made a little souvenir!!

FanofDinsey1981

I care. anywho.

reading this is getting me really excited for our vacation. the longest flight i have been on was 3 hours to cancun, and I was perfectly fine both flights. but I am nervous about the total of 10 hour in the air from chicago to san fran to kauai. any hints or ideas on how to occupy my time? I plan on doing thank you cards for wedding and shower presents, maybe bring a book or two. but that is aobut it.

PeeplMoovr

I'll try to help...
I absolute hate flying. But living in Seattle means if I want to go anywhere it's a long flight.
I start off by taking some Xanax. It's not for everyone, but it really calms my nerves.
As for things to keep you busy... there's only so much you can really do. Read a bit, listen to some music (I prefer to bring an Ipod and either listen to Disney music or a book on disc). Either way you'll get bored at some point. Anything over 4.5 hours is long on a plane in my mind. I find myself just getting up to walk up and down the isle every once in a while just to not sit in one seat for 6-10 hours.
Also, I try to deprive myself of sleep the night before so I can maybe nap for an hour or two and pass the time.

Good luck!

johnvree

Originally posted by bgraham34
Hello folks, I just got back from my honeymoon In Hawaii and we had a great time. We were gonna stop in Disneyland On our way home but realized and packed it was gonna be with Easter so we nixed the idea the last second. I have been there before but my wife has not. I promised her we could go next year. While in Hawaii we discussed our other vacation we took together to Disney. We said hawaii was great and wonderfull and so relaxing but not fun to the extent of Disney. Just 2 different types of vacations. So we are gonna try and go in Decmeber for 4 days since neither of us have been there for Christmas. So toodles for now.

sean:xmas:
Congrats. Where in Sparta bgraham34? I live on West Mountain Road.

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by PeeplMoovr
I'll try to help...
I absolute hate flying. But living in Seattle means if I want to go anywhere it's a long flight.
I start off by taking some Xanax. It's not for everyone, but it really calms my nerves.
As for things to keep you busy... there's only so much you can really do. Read a bit, listen to some music (I prefer to bring an Ipod and either listen to Disney music or a book on disc). Either way you'll get bored at some point. Anything over 4.5 hours is long on a plane in my mind. I find myself just getting up to walk up and down the isle every once in a while just to not sit in one seat for 6-10 hours.
Also, I try to deprive myself of sleep the night before so I can maybe nap for an hour or two and pass the time.

Good luck!

I like the sleep deprevation thing. I need my 8 hours, and as long as my husband doesnt mind me being a bit crabby, it jsut might work! thanks for the thoughs too.

ps- how much is an ipod? is it pretty light and easy to carry around (unlike a cd player, that is a pain sometimes)

SBW

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

ps- how much is an ipod? is it pretty light and easy to carry around (unlike a cd player, that is a pain sometimes) [/B]

They cost between $245 and $400, and are very light. The iPod is smaller then a deck of card and can hold up 10,000 songs the Mini is the size of a stack of business cards and hold about 1,000 songs.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Hope this helps...

(you can see them at an Apple Store)

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by SBW
They cost between $245 and $400, and are very light. The iPod is smaller then a deck of card and can hold up 10,000 songs the Mini is the size of a stack of business cards and hold about 1,000 songs.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Hope this helps...

(you can see them at an Apple Store)

hm, I may be saving up my leftover wedding money for one of these.....thanks!:wave:

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
I had the first one (ipod) and i got the i pod mini. I regret getting the mini...I had a lot of classical music that I started putting on to the pod, and it just didn't have the storage. I wanted everything on it.

Plus, you get bigger size, you can use it as storage or backup with a pc. or mac.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom