My four favorite words.....ok..five if you count the Ma'am!

Journey

Have a magical day Ma'am!

Yes, those words after I made my reservations actually gave me chills...

Sooooo, tell me ! April 10-16 A trip for my Birthday and yes a kid at heart here.. 6 nights and 7days with my husband, 4 yr old daughter and Grandmother.. Nanna has a separate room..This is our longest trip to date!

We are staying at the CBR and going to try and request Aruba bldg. #52 waterview...I have never stayed at this resort before! I hear it is lovely!

Questions I have; and please note ANY input on what to expect this time of year would be appreciated!!!

What are the crowds like?

Is the humidity bad this time of year?

Do refrigerators come in all the rooms now? ( I did request one)

Are there adjoining rooms at CBR, specifically bldg #52?

Thanks for taking the time to help me!

figmentmom

We have stayed at the CBR, and really liked it! The grounds were re-furbished in the last year or two, and everything was lovely when we were there. We didn't request a refrigerator, but got one, anyway :) If you want to make sure your room has one, I'd call the resort a week before your arrival date and repeat your request. Same thing for the adjoining rooms.

April is a great month to go to WDW! The weather is usually reliably warm, but not oppressively hot. Bring your rain ponchos, of course, and a sweater or jacket for evenings. (I'm sure you already know that! ;) ) Easter is early this year, so you won't run into holiday crowds, but school spring vacations are almost always in April (ours are!), and that will mean lots of vacationers from up north :) . (We're a nice bunch, though, so don't worry!)

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

vilegirl

I visted last year in April and loved it. The weather was great. Sunny, sunny, sunny! It was in the low 80s and the humidity wasn't bad at all. We went down to see the Flower and Garden festival which was a lot of fun. The crowds weren't too bad either - we just used Fastpass when the lines were too long.

Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

AndreainNY

Hey - where in Northern NY are you?? I am also in upstate (just west of Albany - close to Saratoga Springs (the town, not the resort!!) - we got 8 inches of snow last night!! Hope the Easter Bunny is a snowshoe hare!!! Our flight to Disney on 4/17 CAN'T come soon enough!!!

Upvote 0

Katherine

I stayed at CBR with my friend and family last spring Break and it was marvelous. We actually stayed in Aruba building 54 and the walk across that island was amazing. The first morning i woke up really early because i was so excited and walked around the resort and it was gorgeous. And definantly take advatage of the beaches... if you don't feel like swimming the beaches are really nice just to relax on on an afternoon break from the parks. I really hope you enjoy your stay. and ... have a magical day Ma'am.

Upvote 0

Journey

Original Poster
Hey! You guys are the best!
I know all about you good folks from NY.. I married a Middletown Man myself!! (Just north of the city about 1.5 hrs)

Last year we went in July and I swore I would never again! The heat took alot out of us physically...but we made the best of our afternoon daily breaks and hit the parks in full swing at sunset..

This year I look for a more leisurely tour, still with the breaks in the afternoon. My 4.5 yr old will still need a rest !

The premiere of the Garden Show will preview on the 16th . Our last day! I will make a point of seeing this. I know it is fantastic! First time for this event! Looking forward to it! ..

Upvote 0

figmentmom

AndreainNY said:
Hey - where in Northern NY are you?? I am also in upstate (just west of Albany - close to Saratoga Springs (the town, not the resort!!) - we got 8 inches of snow last night!! Hope the Easter Bunny is a snowshoe hare!!! Our flight to Disney on 4/17 CAN'T come soon enough!!!

Yep, we got the same 8 inches of snow you did - we're in South Glens Falls, right between Saratoga Springs and Lake George! :wave:

Are you flying out of Albany on the 17th? We are - but we're flying to Tampa, not Orlando :(

Upvote 0

gbruenin

We've been to CBR several times, and have been there in April as well. Temps were pleasant-upper 70s, low 80s, about the same humidity as June here. CBR did get refrigs in all the rooms now (a friend just came back last week). I don't recall connecting rooms, but if you call CRO about a week in advance you can request rooms that are adjacent...the doors to the rooms are on an angle, and you can get both rooms' doors to face each other.

Gary

Upvote 0

Journey

Original Poster
We had to reschedule!!!

I know I should be soaking in the Magic as we speak, but unfortunately we had a death in the family and had to reschedule our trip a week later.

So my point being, I heard those magical words again today when I confirmed my reservations today for this Sunday arrival!

YAY!

I would imagine that this up coming week is about as moderate on crowds as it gets!

So does Aruba section overlooking the Bay sound like nice rooms?

I made sure we had second floor rooms to cut down on any noise from foot traffic!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom