My first time back since 2002

Disneyfanman

Original Poster
I had an extra day on a business trip, and decided to slip away (alone) to DL yesterday. I was there from 4PM to almost 1:00 AM. I was surprised by several things, and had an overall wonderful experience.

I thought the Finding Nemo submarines were astounding! The line was about 50 minutes, and now has settled in with the other major attractions. I spoke with quite a few other people in the line, and everyone that I spoke with was riding it frequently, and listed it as one of their favorite attractions. What was wonderful to see was the multi-generational groups. I saw Senior Citizens, parents, and small children together. The attraction is fun to watch from the sidelines, and the experience is just what Disney does best.

I slipped into DCA to ride the TOT because I had never seen the West Coast version, and wanted to see what it was like without the elevator moving from one shaft to another. It really suffers from comparison to WDW, although the actual effects, sound, and drop experience were wonderful. It's too bad, but although I missed the whole 5th dimension part, the attraction is still wonderful.

I also dropped by the MI dark ride, and liked it very much. Simple and entertaining. I though the finale' with the doors was very well done indeed!

DCA, by the way, was quite busy. It certainly has evolved and improved from when I last saw it 6 years ago. With Toy Story Mania opening, it will really deserve a second look from people. I can't wait to see it after the investment starts to really kick in.

*I loved loved loved Believe, and I am glad that DL's fireworks spectacular is special and different enough from Wishes to make it unique.

* I finally got to see the Enchanted Tiki Room, now that it was completely re-built a few years ago. My last experience at DL seeing it (before the revamp) was very sad. Many people walked out during the show, and I figured it was near the end. WDW had rebuilt theirs into the "New Management" experience which I enjoy, but never felt it was given the magic it deserved.

Well what an incredible surprise! The show was well maintained, and just about all the animatronics were working perfectly. The sound was crystal clear. The show was full (at 11:00 PM!) and, just like the subs, had people of every age attending. The CM (ENTHUSIASTICALLY!) opened the show in the same manner that I remember from my youth.

There were teens singing along. A gentleman to my left (40ish) was explaining to his date about the history of the show. Everyone was smiling throughout.....especially the kids. And then at the end, the entire audience exploded into applause.

So a 45 year old show is now relevant again with some real TLC. Sooooooo cool! Can anyone say COP at WDW? Disney......get off the stick here!

I went on Space Mountain for the first time since the re-build. Wow. If we can recreate the smooth ride and effects at WDW, it will be wonderful.

Last I went on the Jungle Cruise to see the upgrades and liked them all very much. They now have so much more to see then WDW's.

What's fun about DL is that they have so many unique and popular originals. You should have seen the line for Storybook Land, and the huge smiles of the people riding. Casey Junior same thing.

My only real negative for the entire day was that Tomorrowland is still in need of more love. It stands out in the park as the area that has been most neglected. No news there, but you sure can feel the difference in energy.

nemofinder22

Wow great trip report!!! Glad you had fun.

Thankfully Tomorrowland has been getting better in the past few years it was a real ghost town in 03/04 with no Space, Buzz, and Nemo, add to that Tomorrowland Terrace was closed in favor of snacks and a painting project that pretty much touched every building in DL. Well we still need something on those Peoplemover tracks though :(

Thanks for posting a great trip report! I love reading ones like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom