My family has a VIP Main Entrance pass (or lifetime pass)

Disney1727

Original Poster
Does each new member of your family get one or is it just in her name? Any other benefits besides just getting in through the front gate?
There is one main card that is the texture of a credit card under the owner's name, then when we get to the main gate where they scan tickets, they instead scan the card, and 5 tickets are printed. The rules around it were never given to us very directly but to our knowledge, it is just entrance into the parks. We have shown it at parking multiple times and its usually a 50/50 they either say no, or are confused what the card is and give us a discount.

nickys

Premium Member
Don’t you need to show ID at all when using it? And do you need a park reservation to use it currently?

Must admit I’m perplexed why a lifetime pass dating back to the opening of DL would be extended to DLP and Hong Kong. WDW is more understandable.

Disney1727

Original Poster
Don’t you need to show ID at all when using it? And do you need a park reservation to use it currently?

Must admit I’m perplexed why a lifetime pass dating back to the opening of DL would be extended to DLP and Hong Kong. WDW is more understandable.
Yes, the card owner must show an ID that matches the name on the card. I'm not sure why it works for the international parks either, we have never been

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My Grandmother owned a rather large bit of land in Anaheim. It ended up being dozed and built into what is now Disneyland. This was partially a form of their payment (the lifetime pass)

It gives access to all the Anaheim Parks, all Florida parks, Hong Kong, and Paris. My father keeps it at his house so I can ask him to send me a picture to upload. I have only found one photo of the same card online and someone is selling it on etsy(just as memorabilia) . I will attach a link.https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/760183105/disneyland-disney-parks-vip-main

Yes, the card owner must show an ID that matches the name on the card. I'm not sure why it works for the international parks either, we have never been

If it was issued to your grandmother because she owned the land, and it requires ID to use, how could you or your father use it since I assume you don't have the same name as your grandmother?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was transferred after she passed.
So..

Even though Walt was buying the land secretly through third parties, one of those third parties told your grandmother -- secretly -- that it was for a Disneyland park in Orlando, and that they gave her -- and a bunch of other land owners -- a promise to not only lifetime free attendance at the park in Orlando but also to every other future Disney park in the world, and that this boon is transferable to descendants until the end of time.

And throughout all those secret land purchases by people who did not present themselves as agents of Walt Disney, they still promised as part of the contract these perpetual VIP passes and the secret didn't get out until announced by Walt.
"Ma'am, I'd like to buy your land and promise you free attendance to Disney parks forever to you and your descendants."
"So, Walt Disney is buying the land?"
"Um... no, we're just land speculators. We have no connection to Walt Disney!!"

Is that what you're going with?

rreading

There is one main card that is the texture of a credit card under the owner's name, then when we get to the main gate where they scan tickets, they instead scan the card, and 5 tickets are printed. The rules around it were never given to us very directly but to our knowledge, it is just entrance into the parks. We have shown it at parking multiple times and its usually a 50/50 they either say no, or are confused what the card is and give us a discount.

Interesting.

So "the main gate where they scan tickets" to me is where we enter the park at the -used to be - turnstiles. Is that what you mean?

I don't see that those scanners print tickets

Disney1727

Original Poster
Interesting.

So "the main gate where they scan tickets" to me is where we enter the park at the -used to be - turnstiles. Is that what you mean?

I don't see that those scanners print tickets
Yes! the tickets are printed at the turnstile entrance to the park.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Bullshit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So..

Even though Walt was buying the land secretly through third parties, one of those third parties told your grandmother -- secretly -- that it was for a Disneyland park in Orlando, and that they gave her -- and a bunch of other land owners -- a promise to not only lifetime free attendance at the park in Orlando but also to every other future Disney park in the world, and that this boon is transferable to descendants until the end of time.

And throughout all those secret land purchases by people who did not present themselves as agents of Walt Disney, they still promised as part of the contract these perpetual VIP passes and the secret didn't get out until announced by Walt.
"Ma'am, I'd like to buy your land and promise you free attendance to Disney parks forever to you and your descendants."

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Surfin' Tuna

I don't know if the OP actually has one, but these passes absolutely exist and a family that sold land for park construction is exactly the type of family that would get one.
Right, maybe his grandmother would have gotten one. She would have had to have been old enough to own land when Walt was buying land in the early 1950s. That would put her in at least her early 90s right now. Dad has the card at his house. So, he rolls over, scoops up his mom, and rolls over to DL with her so she can scan her card? I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying I don't believe it. I like the story, though, it's nice.

WEDYENSID

So..

Pretty sure the OP left out the part that his Grandmother was having an affair with Walt, which is why she was let in on the "Secret" of the future plans of Disneyland, WDW, and the other worldwide parks empire Walt was planning to build! Makes sense?

muddyrivers

I don't know why everyone's dumping on the OP so much. If you don't think it's true and don't want to believe it, don't post and move on. As @CaptainAmerica said though, the OP's grandmother's land being sold to Disney sounds very plausible as a reason to be issued such a pass. And depending on how the agreement was written, while the ticket itself may not be transferrable, Disney may be in a position where they are required to issue a pass to the descendants of the grandmother. Who knows?

I like to think it's true and it sounds logical to me so I'm here to find out more about what the OP has to say. Please post more and looking forward to seeing the pictures this weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom