My Faith In Disney Restored

raven

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Good news for the Michiganer's out there, just saw the news report. 60 degrees next week!!!!! It is about time. It feels sooooo longggg since our trip to FLA in Dec.

But do you really think this 60º is gonna stick around here long? That's why I will be moving from Michigan to FL in November to work at WDW.

Predicting Michigan Weather - you have better luck winning the Lotto!

TURKEY

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
k - so then why have they postponed the opening of Pop Century?

Tourism took an big hit right after 9-11. They stopped it then. They weren't sure how soon or if tourism would pick back up.

They halted construction at some point. I'm too lazy to find a date.

Orlando has been jam packed over the past few weeks due to spring break and Easter breaks.

They've resumed construction on the resort, but it will be 2003 before the first section (several decades, but can't remember and I'm lazy tonight) is open.

cymbaldiva

Nice to know that Pop Century is a go again - now if only the powers that be would focus on more moderates! I prefer to visit at least once a year - can't possibly afford the Deluxe resorts, and the budgets are too full of small children! :D

Invero

Originally posted by Kontra
Fantasia Boi, if you ever come across Ron, tell him thanks for ride to the Boardwalk.

If I see him, I will certainly thank him for you. But do me a favor... Send that note along to Disney Guest Relations... either by e-mail or letter form... Let them know what day it was. They'll forward it to the appropriate people who will make sure that it gets taken care of.

It's always a good feeling to know that you've created some magic for people. :sohappy:

Kontra

Original Poster
Re: Re: My Faith In Disney Restored

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

If I see him, I will certainly thank him for you. But do me a favor... Send that note along to Disney Guest Relations... either by e-mail or letter form... Let them know what day it was. They'll forward it to the appropriate people who will make sure that it gets taken care of.

Actually my mom covered that the day after we met Ron. We then dropped off the suggestion letter to guest services in the MK the next day. My mom loves filling those things out.

Thanks

Oh, do you happen to know Frank, one of the monorail operators. I've seen him working there for the past 2 years. Still I havn't seen that guy crack a smile.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

1. Pop Century was being built for a while before they closed French Quarter.

2. Pop Century is a value resort, the same as All-Stars. The All-Stars are usually more crowded than higher priced resorts.

3. Whole floors and whole buildings have been closed before. After 9-11, the whole French Quarter was shut down. I doubt that an entire resort will ever be closed again.

4. Tourism in 2001 was way down from 2000. Pop Century was being planned before tourism downturn (not sure if started construction on).

Ok, maybe you guys can answer me this. I asked on another thread, but didn't get an answer. I read sometime ago that there was supposed to be a new resort that would feature a Lady and the Tramp building. Is it Pop Century.

And hey, I love them budget resorts, it's the best way for us internationals... :sohappy:

kal1484

Re: Re: My Faith In Disney Restored

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Send that note along to Disney Guest Relations... either by e-mail or letter form... Let them know what day it was. They'll forward it to the appropriate people who will make sure that it gets taken care of.

Do you have that address?

I was sitting at the bus stop in my prom dress to go get my senior pics done at GF. This Security van comes up, and the guy, whos name is Demsey, goes "you know I have to ask" and I told him I was waiting for the bus and so on, and he goes "oh no you're not!, Get in" and he took me over to GF. It was sooo cool, when when got there he thanked me for letting him ride with a princess, he always wanted to! That made my day!!!!

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by raven

But do you really think this 60º is gonna stick around here long? That's why I will be moving from Michigan to FL in November to work at WDW.

Predicting Michigan Weather - you have better luck winning the Lotto!

I can't belive you are leaving us!!!!!!! Whats wrong with good old Royal Joke? (I mean besides the weather ect...) Congraduations on the new job!!! I always wanted to do that. Kinda locked into the careers here!!! (darn those graduate degree!) Next time I get to Disney play at Sommerset I plan on asking for you!:lol: I never shop there, just walk around that mall is so darn expensive!

You picked a good time to leave, November. The summers, (springs and fall too) aren't too bad here!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Ok, maybe you guys can answer me this. I asked on another thread, but didn't get an answer. I read sometime ago that there was supposed to be a new resort that would feature a Lady and the Tramp building. Is it Pop Century.

And hey, I love them budget resorts, it's the best way for us internationals... :sohappy:

The lady and the tramp statues will be featured on the 1950's building in Pop Century.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

The lady and the tramp statues will be featured on the 1950's building in Pop Century.

Thaks, Insider, that's great news. :sohappy:
I wonder if it'll be ready by January... It'd be awesome to propose to my girlfriend in front of the castle and then celebrate in the building of our favorite movie! :p

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Thaks, Insider, that's great news. :sohappy:
I wonder if it'll be ready by January... It'd be awesome to propose to my girlfriend in front of the castle and then celebrate in the building of our favorite movie! :p

I would look towards march for the opening of the resort. For some reason I think that March is going to be an incredible month. I think that Mission:Space, Pop Century, Philarmagic, and the plans for Beastlie will all be opened/announced.

Invero

Re: Re: Re: My Faith In Disney Restored

Originally posted by Kontra
Oh, do you happen to know Frank, one of the monorail operators. I've seen him working there for the past 2 years. Still I havn't seen that guy crack a smile.

Frankie... lol... Yes, I know him well. He's a really great guy... Hard worker, team player, and real real nice.

raven

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
Michigan isn't alll that bad, where else can you get frostbite, and a suntan in the same day? :)

Rolling on the floor laughing! - because it's true!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom