My Disney Studios

imagineer boy

Original Poster
This is my version of a Walt Disney Studios theme park. Don't even mention where it shall be, because these are simple ideas for my own version of a Walt Disney Studios park.

HollyWood Blvd. : This would be baisicly like the entry way at MGM. With 50s HollyWood Archetecture. It would have some street cars. At the very end of HollyWood Blvd. , will be the Great Movie ride. I don't know if the extirior should be the Chinese Theater or somthing else. Can you help me here?

Great Movie Ride: Same concept as the one in MGM except with some different Movies. The movies this ride will feature are: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, Sing'n in the Rain, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ( out law hijacts you in this scene ), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Star Trek: First Cotact, and The Surpranos ( gangster hijacts you here ).

Sci Fi Town: This is a small land dedicated to all of the Sci Fi movies in history both good and bad. It's made to have a cheesey sci-fi atmosphere. The Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater is out side the enterance with a shop next to it called, "Mystery Science Shop 3000" a small shop dedicated to the TV show Mystery Science Theater 3000. Because the bots, Tom Servo and Crow and the human, Micheal J. Nelson, were stranded in space and watched every lousey sci-fi movie in history.

Star Tours: The same thing until if it's ever up dated. By the way, this ride is out side of the enterance also. Just to get away fromt he cheesey atmosphere.

Aliens: These are just simply actors walking around made to look like cheap aliens as seen in B movies. They wear tights, have antennas on their heads, etc.

I get back to you more on this land later. I havn't given it much thought.

Animation Courtyard: Same as usual

The Magic of Disney Animation: Not a real working studio, but sort of like the exibit in California Adventure

Voyage of the Little Mermaid: A more spectacular show than the one in MGM. I'll get back to you on this one.

Play House Disney Live!

Animagic: Same as the show in DLP.

Fantasmic!: Same thing

Unnamed themed area: This place features some rides, but has no inparticular theme. Can you help me find a name? Please?
:(

Indiana Jones: and the Temple of the Forbidden Crystal

Gilligan's Island Boat Tours: A water flume ride. I'll get back to you on that.

Sounds like Stitch!: A ride sort of like Sounds Dangerouse. I'll get back to you on this.

TV Zone: Sort of like Super Star Television.

Whew! Alot of ideas! And I'm not even done yet. There's still plenty more ideas along the way. Tell me what you think so far!:D

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by Figment1986
Nice ideas, however:
Star Treak and LOTR is not owned or rights by Disney nor even MGM.

Oh, well. Might as well take those scenes out of the Great Movie Ride.

Any way, On ward with the other ideas!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I forgot to mentoin a couple of rides. In the Hollywood Blvd. , there will be an attraction that's already showing at the Studios in Paris. Cinemagic.

I am calling the unnamed area, Movie Adventure central. It also will feature a ride that I havn't mentioned: Tron: the Ride. It will be a sort of ride like Spiderman. I will give more info. later.

I need to go somwhere right now. I'll be back and have more stuff.:)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
The Sci-Fi city will feature a Rockett Jets ride. It will also have some sort of Flying Saucer Dark ride. I havn't given Much thought on this.

Backlot:Everything including the New York Street and England Street is part of the filming backlot. ( actual filming does take place here.

New York Steet:

Muppet Vision 3-D

Pizza Planet

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: A much newer and better version than the one in WDW.

Winter Street:This small area has no attractions, but it's made to look like a city street in the winter time and the fiming crew has left for a lunch break. Fake dissolving snow falls from the sky and the street has fake snow on it.

London Street: This small area is made to look like a street in London with some facades, cars, and red telephone booth. There is a turn onto another small London Street called West Wallaby Street. This sets the scene for the house where the clay animated figures, Wallace and Gromit live and sets the scene for the ride:

Wallace and Gromit's Invention Spin: This is a ride sort of like Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin. I'll tell more details later.

That's it for now. Still more to come. Tell me what you think!

:D

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Moving right along.......

The Backlot: This is the main movie making backlot.

Backstage Studio tour: Same thing with Catastrophy Canyon and everything. There are lots more studios than the ones that you see. There are many more. By the way, when you get through catastrophy canyon, it turns out that while it happens, they film you and you get to watch reaction and everything at the end of the tour.

Behind the scenes Movie making: same concept as the one that was in WDW.

Motors in Action: car stunt show as seen in paris.

Sunset Blvd. :

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Same thing

Rock'n Roller Coaster

Beauty and the Beast: Live on stage.

Well, that's it! Please tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!:D :D

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Here is a Review of all of the rides:

Hollywood Blvd:

The Great Movie Ride

Cinemagic

Animation Courtyard:

The Magic of Disney Animation

The Festival of the Lion King

Animagic

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Sci-Fi Town:

Star Tours

Rockett Jets

Flying Saucer Adventure

Movie Adventure Central:

Sounds like Stitch!

TV Zone

Gilligan's Island Boat Tours

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Cursed Crystal

Tron: The Ride

New York Street:

Muppet Visoion 3-D

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

London Street:

Wallace and Gromit's Invention Spin

Backlot:

Backlot Tour

Motors in Action

Behind the Scenes

Sunset Blvd:

Tower of Terror

Rock'n Roller Coaster

Beauty and the Beast: Live!

Well this is okay, but honestly I have seen better studio ideas.

Lemme Break it down:

Hollywood Blvd. and Animation Courtyard

Good but some originality in rides wouldn't kill ya

Sci-Fi Town, what's a town doing in a studio?

What about Sci-Fi Studio or Sound Stage 7: Sci-Fi Town, the later pretending it is one big movie set for a sci-fi flick

Why isn't Tron, Buzzlightyear, or Stich here?

Rocket Jets? eh, not exactly my idea of what could be put here given the possibilities but okay, everything else sounds good

Movie Adventure Central?, how about the Action Lot or Adventure Film Production Studios, again make it sound like something at a movie studio

New York Street good

London Street like the area, but if you have to put a link to describe who they are, do you really think that they are popular enough to deserve a ride?

Granted while the popularity of the ride usually does not depend on draw in a MK style park (how JC, SM) are popular, but in a park based on movies, the popularity of the movie becomes much more important, especially something guests may not have ever heard of, try to make rides that would be popular with a large audience not just things that you personally like.

Backlot and Sunset good

but again it would be nice to get some more original rides

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by FigmentDream
Well this is okay, but honestly I have seen better studio ideas.

Lemme Break it down:

Hollywood Blvd. and Animation Courtyard

Good but some originality in rides wouldn't kill ya

Sci-Fi Town, what's a town doing in a studio?

What about Sci-Fi Studio or Sound Stage 7: Sci-Fi Town, the later pretending it is one big movie set for a sci-fi flick

Why isn't Tron, Buzzlightyear, or Stich here?

Rocket Jets? eh, not exactly my idea of what could be put here given the possibilities but okay, everything else sounds good

Movie Adventure Central?, how about the Action Lot or Adventure Film Production Studios, again make it sound like something at a movie studio

New York Street good

London Street like the area, but if you have to put a link to describe who they are, do you really think that they are popular enough to deserve a ride?

Granted while the popularity of the ride usually does not depend on draw in a MK style park (how JC, SM) are popular, but in a park based on movies, the popularity of the movie becomes much more important, especially something guests may not have ever heard of, try to make rides that would be popular with a large audience not just things that you personally like.

Backlot and Sunset good

but again it would be nice to get some more original rides

Boy FigmentDream, you always have the best solutions and ideas.:wave:

I'll change Sci-Fi town to Sci-Fi Studio like you suggested. I would add Tron or Buzz here, but the atmosphere is too cheesey. Stitch wouldn't be there because the ride that he's on demonstates sound. I know, I'm not too crazy about Rockett Jets either, but it really adds on to the cheesey spirit. I'll change movie adventure central to Action Lot. I do think that Wallace and Gromit are poplular. I'm not entirely sure. Wallace and Gromit shorts have shown on Cartoon Network, and more kids have become familiar with it. Well, I think that's better.:)

mkepcotmgmak

very cool ideas..
why don't you turn wallby road in london into Portabello Road from Bedknobs and Broomsticks...and have it look identical from the movie, with old dirty streets and garage sell/kiosks... and the music would be the song "Portabello" road... you could say that filiming is in progress and stuff for bedknobs and broomsticks...on your other london street put a lot of houses and residential things on it and have a great mary poppins attraction! I feel that these are two shows that I personally think are popular, but don't get enough attention in the parks...but would go GREAT in your London Street...

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
very cool ideas..
why don't you turn wallby road in london into Portabello Road from Bedknobs and Broomsticks...and have it look identical from the movie, with old dirty streets and garage sell/kiosks... and the music would be the song "Portabello" road... you could say that filiming is in progress and stuff for bedknobs and broomsticks...on your other london street put a lot of houses and residential things on it and have a great mary poppins attraction! I feel that these are two shows that I personally think are popular, but don't get enough attention in the parks...but would go GREAT in your London Street...

Thanks, but I think I'll keep West Wallaby Street because that's where Wllace and Gromit lives. Your ideas were pretty neat though!:)

daoVinci

Interesting ideas here. A few notes off the top of my head...

...instead of action studio or Action central, how about Stunt Street, or Stunt showcase, where all sorts of action sequences are featured... someone falling form a high ledge.... someone getting shot... a fistfight... a car chase/someone getting hit by a car... that sort of thing. Not part of any show per se, just cast members walking along the street with guests.

...For the back lot tour, it would be cool to have a giant green screen for the crowd to undertake some sort of action... then, let them view it along with their catastrophe canyon 'episode.' Even better if the tour could be tunred into a five minute short film...

...As for a sci-fi solution, you could have the street start out cheesey at one end, then gradually grow more 'realistic.' It could be done almost seamlessly, with different aspects blending in to one another. Start with fifties sci-fi, move through tron and star wars, then end with your dark ride...

...more to come as I think about it a little more

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom