My Disney Room!

pumpkin7

Original Poster
Hiya everybody!
Ok, so backstory: we moved house back in October (yipee!). After getting back from an amazing 2 weeks in the world in June, we were hoping to move then but the house fell through and we ended up waiting until October to finally move into another house. Doesn't sound like long, but we'd been living with my rents since March of last year so it felt like a life time!
Anyway, the garage is slowly being converted into a man cave for my dear husband and all his guitars. So it's fair, I have a little room to convert into a Disney room, hurray! Well, that and the little Disney nick nacks and references that keep appearing in each room. So far in the kitchen, I have 3 Disney salt and pepper shakers! Amazing.
So, I'm asking you very lovely fellow Disney obsessed people, for inspiration of what to do in my room. Now, my room is quite small, it's the box room, so I intend to cram as much Disney into there as possible.
I have several Disney Treasures that need to be displayed also.
Please do share your own home Disney rooms, I need to Disneyfy!

Thank you, and goodnight!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hiya everybody!
Ok, so backstory: we moved house back in October (yipee!). After getting back from an amazing 2 weeks in the world in June, we were hoping to move then but the house fell through and we ended up waiting until October to finally move into another house. Doesn't sound like long, but we'd been living with my rents since March of last year so it felt like a life time!
Anyway, the garage is slowly being converted into a man cave for my dear husband and all his guitars. So it's fair, I have a little room to convert into a Disney room, hurray! Well, that and the little Disney nick nacks and references that keep appearing in each room. So far in the kitchen, I have 3 Disney salt and pepper shakers! Amazing.
So, I'm asking you very lovely fellow Disney obsessed people, for inspiration of what to do in my room. Now, my room is quite small, it's the box room, so I intend to cram as much Disney into there as possible.

I recommend doing a shelf around the top of your room. It's generally wasted space, but with a shelf it becomes useful. At one time I had a monorail that ran on a shelf the entire perimeter about a foot from the top of the wall.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
I recommend doing a shelf around the top of your room. It's generally wasted space, but with a shelf it becomes useful. At one time I had a monorail that ran on a shelf the entire perimeter about a foot from the top of the wall.

I was thinking of doing that, yes! We have picture rails going around the room so I can't really hang pictures or anything. I have plenty of plushes and Disney Treasures to display :)

Minnie_girl

if you cant draw or have poor artistic skills like me lol

if you have an old projector ...project an image you like onto the wall and draw it/paint it ??
75.gif

Good idea....I did that for our youngest nursery. Super easy. :)

MOXOMUMD

Hiya everybody!

In the ceiling corners of my daughter's room she has toy nets filled with her plushes. She also has Mickey ears from each trip and with the headband ones, she sticks one side through the net holes do they are on display.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
In the ceiling corners of my daughter's room she has toy nets filled with her plushes. She also has Mickey ears from each trip and with the headband ones, she sticks one side through the net holes do they are on display.

I don't have any Mickey ears! I must get some next time we go. But good idea, thanks!

pumpkin7

Original Poster
So I finally got round to clearing the Disney room of all its clutter. I've taken some pictures so you can all get a better idea of what I'm working with.
Its a very small room, and I have the coving of the stairs taking up a good portion but its a perfect platform for my plushies!
I've also been given the go ahead for a painting on the one wall, yipee! We have a projector so if anyone has any ideas on a picture of thr gang, mickey, minnie, donald, goofy, any of the main gang, then I'd love to see them!

pumpkin7

Original Poster
I've also recycled some Disney store tissue paper to give my caricatures from I-Drive a new lease of life. I'm happy how they turned out!

MOXOMUMD

Nice recycling. After a MISICI parade, my daughter picked up two hands full of the mickey confetti off the ground. We brought it home and used it as matting in a picture frame. :)

pumpkin7

Original Poster
Nice recycling. After a MISICI parade, my daughter picked up two hands full of the mickey confetti off the ground. We brought it home and used it as matting in a picture frame. :)

I've got some Mickey head confetti too, again from the Disney Store. It's currently in little pots in my kitchen but I'm sure I can find a use for it in my room! :)

luv

I bought a plush Minnie and Mickey and put them in front of the pillows in the guest room. They have giant 2011 things on their chests, but I'm not buying new ones every year, lol.

The Larry Dotson pic of the ball, monorail and pretty flowers hangs in there and there is a Disney throw blanket on the bed.

Oh, and a little Minnie hanging on the pull handle on the ceiling fan - the chains are equal length (so dumb!), so her presence discourages pulling the one connected to the light, which can be worked with a switch. :)

It's a little too much Disney for some people, lol, but some really like it. I like it and that's really all that matters. :)

pumpkin7

Original Poster
I bought a plush Minnie and Mickey and put them in front of the pillows in the guest room. They have giant 2011 things on their chests, but I'm not buying new ones every year, lol.

The Larry Dotson pic of the ball, monorail and pretty flowers hangs in there and there is a Disney throw blanket on the bed.

Oh, and a little Minnie hanging on the pull handle on the ceiling fan - the chains are equal length (so dumb!), so her presence discourages pulling the one connected to the light, which can be worked with a switch. :)

It's a little too much Disney for some people, lol, but some really like it. I like it and that's really all that matters. :)

Thats exactly my point. It's my house, so I can fill it with all the Disney I want! We've just ordered my new house sign and We've named my house 'The Briar Patch'. Most people won't get it but we love it.
I might have to find some pictures of the parks to use aswell. Thanks!

View attachment 45111 just a rough at the moment

Looking rather posh for the main mouse! They should do full 'gang' meet and greets or at least like that picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom