My Disney Experience update for Apple iOS devices brings Be Our Guest ordering

mikeh

I have an Android and the BOG lunch "ordering" just takes you to the browser to complete the order. Is this all in-app?

UnkleFunkle

Two quick questions. Do we anticipate that ordering ahead would be implemented for dinner in the near future (say, by August)? Also, how long does dinner typically take if I have a reservation at Be Our Guest.

I ask because I have a reservation for 8:45p and the fireworks are at 9:45. I'm afraid we won't have time (there's only two of us) to get over to the fireworks. Thoughts? Thanks!

mikeh

I ask because I have a reservation for 8:45p and the fireworks are at 9:45. I'm afraid we won't have time (there's only two of us) to get over to the fireworks. Thoughts? Thanks!

I would imagine that fireworks are actually at 10pm in your case, but that you have a FP that says 9:45? If so, an 8:45 reservation might be pushing it.

All that said, you can actually view the fireworks from right outside of Be Our Guest and you'll have a great view with all of the music. You just won't be able to watch them over Cinderella's Castle.

Jahona

I was able to book a Be Our Guest straight from the app with out going to the browser on android. Application version 2.7

UnkleFunkle

I would imagine that fireworks are actually at 10pm in your case, but that you have a FP that says 9:45? If so, an 8:45 reservation might be pushing it.

All that said, you can actually view the fireworks from right outside of Be Our Guest and you'll have a great view with all of the music. You just won't be able to watch them over Cinderella's Castle.

Thanks Mike! We have reservations for August 31st and Disney's site has the fireworks listed at 9:45p as the park closes at 10:00p. I'm checking 3-4 times a day to see if an earlier reservation comes available. I'm planning on proposing during the fireworks so I'm trying to lock down as many details as I can!

Rob562

Thanks Mike! We have reservations for August 31st and Disney's site has the fireworks listed at 9:45p as the park closes at 10:00p. I'm checking 3-4 times a day to see if an earlier reservation comes available. I'm planning on proposing during the fireworks so I'm trying to lock down as many details as I can!

FYI, at 9:45pm is "Celebrate the Magic", the projection show on the Castle that's kind of a pre-show for the fireworks (it's always run 15 minutes before the fireworks).

The fireworks themselves (Wishes) are at 10pm.

It's very rare to not have Wishes be scheduled for an on-the-hour time. (Unless it's one of the hard-ticket Parties and those are usually 9:30)

-Rob

geomelin

I made a reservation at BOG before the new feature and app update and now I cannot pre order within the app. In my reservation details I have only the option edit dining party and cancel reservation. Is the pre order only available for new reservations?

CJLove79

I was disappointed that iOS got this update first and they didn't update it for both iOS AND Android. But then again, Steve Jobs was and still is, through a trust I think, the number one stockholder in Disney and Iger has stock with Apple. So it makes sense that iOS would get first dibbs, I just hope that we Android users don't have a long wait for an update.

Rob562

I was disappointed that iOS got this update first and they didn't update it for both iOS AND Android. But then again, Steve Jobs was and still is, through a trust I think, the number one stockholder in Disney and Iger has stock with Apple. So it makes sense that iOS would get first dibbs, I just hope that we Android users don't have a long wait for an update.

Ummm, the Android version was updated to version 2.7 almost two weeks ago...

-Rob

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I made a reservation at BOG before the new feature and app update and now I cannot pre order within the app. In my reservation details I have only the option edit dining party and cancel reservation. Is the pre order only available for new reservations?
I had our BOG reservation before the app update. I updated the app on my IPhone and when I went to order the app took me to the website, where I had to log in, and then I was able to order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom