My Disney Experience App

mykiddiewinks

Original Poster
So my husband has a Disney account and will be making our reservation. I do all the research/planning organizing. When I download the app do I have to sign in with his details or can I set up my own account? If I set up my own can our booking made by my hubby be linked so I can do the organizing/planning? Can both our phones be signed it at the same time on his account?

Betsyboo

Set up your own and then send a request to him asking to share. He'll need to check a box on his side allowing you full access for FPP etc. I like to have my own account. I know that my MDE on my phone and on a PC can be signed in at the same time. Not sure how it would work with two phones.

Betsyboo

Someone else may need to chime in here. I'm not sure. If you set up accounts for them separately and you all share than I think they'd have access to change. Let's see if someone else can help out.

cspencer96

so our kids can have this app too so they can see what is planned we just dont check to give them full access?
Yep! Well, if they are 13 or older. If they are, they can create a Disney account and become friends with you and your husband. You can set their permissions under "Family and Friends" to "Can Add and View Shared Plans" or "Add and View All Plans." It is very important to note that in both cases, your kids can still add and edit plans for themselves. This does not mean they can change resort or dining info, because Disney locks that to only guests over 18 - it means they can add and edit FastPass+ selections and other "plans" within MDE. If your children are under 13, they will have what is called a Managed Account. You would want to set this up on your husbands account, and add your kids as friends through him in MDE. It is very simple, just choose the option that says something like "Add through a mutual friend." Managed accounts cannot sign in, and are only really there to give you the ability to plan for your child. If you booked through DisneyWorld.com, managed accounts are likely already there for your children on your husbands account, all you need to do is add them to yours so you can plan for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom