My Disney Experience Andriod App

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
Has anyone tried it? I just downloaded it for my andriod but is is slow. I read the reviews and it was less than encouraging. I logged into my account and it was nice to see all my reservations right at my fingertips. It had my FastPass info as well for our trip in 2 weeks.

Some of the reviews said that it didn't work well in the parks and it would not load wait times. Anyone have feedback that has actually used it? It seems to me that Disney's web and internet based programs are always slow.

Matt_Black

I downloaded it a few weeks ago for my upcoming Disney trip (less than 2 weeks!). Obviously, I don't know how well it works in the parks yet. Still, it doesn't seem any slower than my other recent download of SongPop.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's better than the old Verizon Disney Parks Application. Your phone has to be pretty souped up for it to work OK though. I used it for the first time in park a couple of weeks ago and it's handy. My phone is a Note 2 though.. Quad core processor, LTE and I've got a triple capacity Zero lemon battery so I've got power for days.

My magic + and ressies make it stand out.

Steve1005

It's better than the old Verizon Disney Parks Application. Your phone has to be pretty souped up for it to work OK though. I used it for the first time in park a couple of weeks ago and it's handy. My phone is a Note 2 though.. Quad core processor, LTE and I've got a triple capacity Zero lemon battery so I've got power for days.

My magic + and ressies make it stand out.
Agreed. While I don't know how it works in park, (at 111 days still) I do know ever since I got my new galaxy s that the app does run fairly decent. I really hope I get to take advantage of the FP+ if its available by the time I go, but its really cool to get bored at work and check out wait times and see what's closed and things like that.

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
I have the Razor HD with Verizon service. It runs the app fine, just seems a little slow to switch between reservations. It did allow me to choose my Fast Pass+ dates and times. I like this concept.

draybook

I had it on my S3 on our trip and barely used it. Matter of fact, I only used it to check wait times. It worked pretty well in the parks and on property.

DisneyJoe

I used it during our last trip with no problems, no speed issues at all. I was using Verizon 4G.

I used it to change a few FP+ times and make some for the next day as well as checking on possible dining openings.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Haven't had a chance to use it in the parks yet....looking forward to it. Works plenty fine on my Android phone and tablet.

gwhb75

Have it on my Galaxy SIII and it worked really well. We used it a lot on our trip in September, mainly to change dining reservations and check ride times (we weren't part of the magicband test so we didn't get to make fastpass+ reservations). I thought the app worked amazingly well and was so much more convenient than having to go online or call to make/change/cancel dining reservations.

Steve1005

Have it on my Galaxy SIII and it worked really well. We used it a lot on our trip in September, mainly to change dining reservations and check ride times (we weren't part of the magicband test so we didn't get to make fastpass+ reservations). I thought the app worked amazingly well and was so much more convenient than having to go online or call to make/change/cancel dining reservations.
That's good to know. I plan on using mine quite a bit when I go. I hope I get to use the FP+ option though.

EvilQueen-T

i've had it on my droid phone (verizon is my carrier if it means anything) for my last 6 visits. it does load slow, particularly since the last update imo. the biggest irritant for me is when it won't recognize that i'm in the park...like if i hit the "here and now". it isn't all the time just occasionally but it's irritating as heck when it does otherwise i like it. the only other thing i've had happen was when i was staying at pop it kept thinking i was at aoa. my next trip starting the 24th will be the first time i've used the magic bands/fp+ so will see how much i use my phone to utilize these items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom