My Dad

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
I apologize if this isn't the thread for this, but my dad, who was a long-time CM after serving in the military, passed away this morning. He was an electrical engineer and worked for 20 years fixing rides and attractions (primarily 3rd shift overnight) to preserve the magic for countless families, possibly even yours.

My mom sent me over to their house to get a few things and I didn't realize going through his dresser, he kept years and years of CM gifts, awards and recognition, his name tags, etc. He was proud of his service to the nation, but it's clear he also really loved working for The Mouse.

Do you think there'd be any interest in me posting some of this stuff or some of his stories, and if so, the best format? Maybe it's more therapy for me than anything to cope with his loss, but I've never personally seen a lot of this before so I figured probably many haven't either.

One thing in particular I've got is a pretty unique bit of MGM Studios history.

celluloid

Do whatever you feel. I lost my mother at a young age, but losing my dad was the hardest. Your family i hope will cope together. Cheers to your dad. A father. A CM with now we know a great passion for the role, but also that the nametags are a bit of a larger life story.

Take care.

Br0ckford

So very sorry for your loss.
I for one would love to see the momentos and read any stories you'd care to share, and if it helps you to cope it's a win win. 🙏

bwr827

I’m sorry for your loss, and I’m interested in what you may share. No pressure — take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom