My ADR's for May 28th to June 4th 2011

Markz

Original Poster
Hey Guys, many votes came in for my "out of park" restaurant thread, and I have made a decision based on that for our first night, so here's the total picture as far as our ADR's go

Feel free to comment, suggest or critique !

These are all for dinner, and we are on the regular table dining plan

Saturday (arrival at 6pm) - California Grill - 21h20 (we'll probably get there at around 8h30 to request window seating if possible
Sunday - Tony's Town Square - 18h50 (Paying out of pocket to allow us to use 2 credits @ Cali Grill)
Monday - Coral Reef - 19h00
Tuesday - Mama Melrose's - 18h30
Thursday - Yak & Yeti - 17h45
Thursday - Les Chefs de France - 19h30
Friday - Teppan Edo - 17h30(eating early so we can get to MK to see the parade/fireworks one last time)

The only 2 that are not open to change are Tony's Town Square and Mama Melrose (because we plan on spending all day/evening in the park they belong to)

What do you guys think ?

:king:

Mukta

Out of your choices, I have eaten at Tony's, Le Chefs, and Coral Reef.

Food wise, Le Chefs is my favorite. Coral Reef wins on atmosphere.

Enjoy your trip!

Markz

Original Poster
Thanks !

glad to hear you enjoyed those restaurants... we are definitly going to eat at Coral Reef for the atmosphere... it seems to be quite an experience with the decor and the aquariums

Mukta

I eat at the Coral Reef every year on the regular dining plan. I don't drink soda. For my free beverage, they have these great smoothie type drinks. I love the sour apple one. One of the fun things for me with the DP is trying the different drink options that are included in the plan.

Markz

Original Poster
I actually didn't even know that, only my second trip on the plan

How do you know which drinks are included ? I hate soft drinks, i would drink something different on each and every night if I could

Mukta

I ask the server at each TS. I say 'I don't really drink soda, can you tell me which other beverages are included in the DP?'. Some places have shakes, virgin daquiris etc. Coral Reef and Sci-Fi have the best in my opinion.

Markz

Original Poster
I ask the server at each TS. I say 'I don't really drink soda, can you tell me which other beverages are included in the DP?'. Some places have shakes, virgin daquiris etc. Coral Reef and Sci-Fi have the best in my opinion.

That's great to know, thanks for the tip :D

Do you guys know if Chefs de France still includes the fix course menu with the appetizer covered by the dining plan ?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I think Tony's Town Square is the worst TS restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. I would try to book at one of their other restaurants, or even consider riding the monorail to one of the nearby resorts. The food at Tony's is just awful.

4everDory

When I was there in September, the prix fixe menu was available with the DDP...my DD13 and I used it :animwink: Yummm! We got the French Onion soup with the mac & cheese! If you're there early enough (5-ish), you can see Remy, too!

Markz

Original Poster
I think Tony's Town Square is the worst TS restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. I would try to book at one of their other restaurants, or even consider riding the monorail to one of the nearby resorts. The food at Tony's is just awful.

We we're there back in May 2009 and it was actually pretty good for us... we had the lasagna and shrimp linguini, both we're really good... what did you have ?

quirkle

Yak and Yuki

We went to Yak and Yeti in 2007 and loved it - egg rolls were the bomb. We booked again for 2009 and it was horrible.:hurl: The egg rolls are still great but the other meals were unedible and we all got sick from the grease. See if you can get another Animal Kingdom pick!

Mama Melrose was OK - don't get the tiramisu if you are Italian or from the North east - it was horrible!

Markz

Original Poster
We went to Yak and Yeti in 2007 and loved it - egg rolls were the bomb. We booked again for 2009 and it was horrible.:hurl: The egg rolls are still great but the other meals were unedible and we all got sick from the grease. See if you can get another Animal Kingdom pick!

Mama Melrose was OK - don't get the tiramisu if you are Italian or from the North east - it was horrible!

About Animal Kingdom... we tried Tusker House last time, nothing special there

Since the park closes at 6h we might consider eating at one of the hotel restaurants maybe, we'll see

We're all big fans of asian food, hence why we wanted to give Yak & Yeti a shot. Anyone tried it recently?

quirkle

Yak and Yuki

If you have counter service do the Yak & Yeti counter service and then try Marrakesh for dinner. I have eatten at the Morraco QS but people say the sit down is awesome - what about the new italy or Mexico?

ABigBrassBand

Agreed, our family didn't enjoy it at all :/

ABigBrassBand

About Animal Kingdom... we tried Tusker House last time, nothing special there

Since the park closes at 6h we might consider eating at one of the hotel restaurants maybe, we'll see

We're all big fans of asian food, hence why we wanted to give Yak & Yeti a shot. Anyone tried it recently?
I went there January 2010, does that count?

Everyone liked the food there besides me, but I guess that was because I picked the wrong burger to eat. I ate some of everbody else's food, and it was all good.

Markz

Original Poster
I'm sad that you can't specify window seating online

I'm gonna call tonight to see if I can add that comment to my reservation... then i'll cancel Ohana

I was really looking forward to it, might be moving some other restaurant out of the line up (maybe Yak and Yeti)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom