My ADR Results

StarshipDisney

Good Evening all.

Well...after the doom and gloom I sometimes read on this forum regarding ADRs I was up and atom at 0500 this morning ready to do cyber warfare at my 180-day point. I was clicking away at 0545 AM and 1 December finally came up on the calendar along with the rest of my 7-day trip. Just thought I would relate my experience.

Arrival day: Saturday, 1 December 2018

Staying at POR so after the 7-hour drive down figured we would just stay at the resort that day and wanted Boatwright's Dining Hall at 6:00 PM. Was surprised that 6:00 PM was booked up already but got a 5:40 PM. Just as well. Also wanted to do the Carriage ride that night at 7:00 PM so called at 0700 and got a 45 minute wait. Finally got through and found the 7:00 PM slot was taken. So I got an 8:00 PM reservation for the Carriage. Not bad.

Animal Kingdom Day: Sunday, 2 December 2018

Wanted the Rivers of Light Dinning Package at Tusker House and hate the way you must dine 2.5 Hours in advance in the show. The latest selection was 3:30 PM and I got a 3:20 PM reservation. Guess we are having an early lunch that day.

Magic Kingdom Day: Monday, 3 December 2018

Wanted Liberty Tree Tavern (LTT) at 6:00 PM and have never had a problem with that time. Been there several times at 6:00 PM. I was surprised this time that at the 182-day point that only an 5:30 PM came up...so I clicked but the MDE would not work. It froze up. I can only guess too many people clicking. I had to refresh and search again and then suddenly 5:10 PM came up. Clicked again and...guess what...MDE froze up again. This made me frustrated so I backed out of MDE and logged back in (this cost me a couple minutes) to find that only a 4:10 PM reservation came up. Fortunately this time the MDE worked and I got the 4:10 PM reservation.

Still, never did I think LTT would be booked up like this at the 182-day point. Wanted 6:00 PM but best I could get was 4:10 PM. So guess another early lunch that day.

Rest Day: Tuesday, 4 December 2018

Wanted the Highway In The Sky Dine Around for dinner but it is not available for booking yet. So I will stay on top of that.

EPCOT Day: Wednesday, 5 December 2018

Figured no more ADR issues at the 184-day point. Wanted Le Cellier at 6:00 PM but again found best I could get was 5:45 PM. Fine but was still surprised no time match.

Disney Springs and AK: Thursday, 6 December 2018

Going to AK after lunch at Disney Springs in hope that by the 65th day in I can get a FP reservation for Flight of Passage. We'll see what the future holds.

Wanted to try YAC & YETI at 4:30 PM since ROL is only 1 show at 6:15 PM. This was my only "Time Match" of the morning and I got the 4:30 PM reservation. Still makes for an early lunch.

Hollywood Studios Day: Friday, 7 December 2018

Wanted 50's Prime Time Café at 6:00 PM and was again surprised no time match at the 186 day point. Got a 5:45 PM so just as well. But again was surprised to see this filling up so fast at the 186 day point.

So...anyway...that is my ADR saga and I believe things worked out okay. Could be better but in the end we still got every restaurant we wanted. Just need to remember to eat lunch very early on some days.

Now to gun for the Highway In The Sky Dine Around and the Fantasmic Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience when those become available. Could not book those yet.

I can only wait and hope the Fast Pass effort goes as well come October. I will be up at 0500 again and will try my best. Thanks for reading.

nickys

Premium Member
The Liberty Tree Tavern issue is likely because of the Christmas party.

If it's a party night, the latest reservation is around 5:30 I think. Otherwise you need to book through the special Party Dining page, to make sure you understand you need a party ticket.

Last year, they changed on party nights, and day guests are ushered out at 6, ready for the party to start at 7. So there's an hour down time to clear the park other than early party goers.

Similar for Epcot. They're holding back a lot of reservations for the Candlelight Processional dining packages, which haven't been released yet. Again, those will be through a separate page.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
The Liberty Tree Tavern issue is likely because of the Christmas party.

If it's a party night, the latest reservation is around 5:30 I think. Otherwise you need to book through the special Party Dining page, to make sure you understand you need a party ticket.

Good thought, but I selected Monday, 3 December as our Magic Kingdom day specifically because there is no party that night. We have done the MVMCP before and chose to avoid it this time around. I have eaten at LTT several times and never had this much of a problem.

Keep checking back, the times an slots change a lot, I have found you can usually tweak your reservation to the time you want

Thanks. I plan to do exactly that and hope to get a reservation between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. I did a search on LTT today but had no availability at all.

I was also able to secure the Highway in the Sky Dine Around. It was not available yesterday but came up in MDE today so now I only need to track the Fantasmic VIP Viewing Experience.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
About the 3rd December.

Pretty sure that, at first, all dates during MNSSHP were blocked, until a bit later on, when the non-party days opened up and the party dining page also opened.

My guess is the Christmas Party will be similar. Keep watching and it'll open up. Or create a basic (free) account on Touring Plans and use their reservation finder. You'll get an email or text when it finds one, as soon as they open.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

Also consider that it's ok to not have any ADR's. We're wingin' in that time in Dec and will still have some very nice sit down experiences without all the stressin' out over being somewhere at a certain time.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

I wish you good luck with that. I would be interested in knowing after your trip how that went.

Thanks.

We go about 4 times a year and we always manage to try at least one new place to eat. Recent no reservations visits include: Deluxe Burger (most of Disney Springs requires no res), California Grill (apps & table by window) on mothers day, Garden Grill, Boma, Geyser Point, various resort food courts, counter service favorites like Pacos Bill, Columbia House with a cool view of Liberty Square, Cosmic Rays view of castle. Lots of great food in World Showcase that is not burgers, Japan & Morocco being my favorite, or garbage it up at UK or Germany. No waiting around or spending time getting somewhere at a certain time.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Going the same time frame but arriving on Nov 28th. The same issue you have with LTT, I had with California Grill. However once I secured everything, I immediately modified the reservation and my original selected time was available. So you may want to check back now.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Check back the day of and the week or so after the fast pass windows open (60 days and 30 days). Lots of people hoard ADRs until they figure out their fastpasses, and then they ditch the ones they don't need.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

FWIW, @StarshipDisney, you don't necessarily need an ADR at Yak & Yeti. You can sign up for a Landry's Select Club membership (it costs $25, but you get a $25 welcome credit you can apply toward the bill on your first visit to a Landry's restaurant, so you get that money back). Landry's Select membership includes "priority seating," meaning you can waltz into Yak & Yeti whenever you want (or the other Landry's restaurants at WDW, which are T-REX at DS and the Rainforest Cafes at DS and AK), show them your Landry's Select card, and be seated in minutes, just as if you had a reservation. (We've done it - twice now - so I know it works!) It's an awesome way to enjoy table service dining on your own schedule.

https://www.landrysselect.com/register-user/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom