MY 6th Disney Theme Park proposal (3rd draft), with Phase 3: Riptide Lagoon!

KentB3

Original Poster
I now have my 3rd draft of my proposal for a 6th Disney Theme Park put together. Many (if not most) of my revisions come from your comments on the threads I posted and especially from the my polls that you voted in. Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and voting in the polls!

Attractions marked by an asterik (*) have not been named yet and I could used your help in finding a suitable name for this attraction.

Here is a list of what I now have so far:

Phase 1: THE MAGIC KINGDOM

Phase 1, The Magic Kingdom, spans 138 acres of land (the same land area as Disneyland Paris) and consists of the following "lands", or sections: Main Street USA, Adventureland, Critter Country, Discoveryland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Mickey's Toontown. There are 62 rides and attractions in The Magic Kingdom; roughly the same number as Disneyland Anaheim, but within a much larger area. Here is a list of rides and attractions to be found in The Magic Kingdom, broken up by each "land":

Main Street USA:
1.) City Hall
2.) The Disney Gallery
3.) (name of park) Railroad
4.) The Halll of Presidents
5.) Main Street Vehicles
6.) Penny Arcade
7.) * a completely new presentation telling Walt Disney's life story, his cartoons and film, his legacy, and about the opening and operations of the Disney theme parks.

Adventureland:
1.) Enchanted Tiki Room (since I've never been to DL or WDW, I have no idea what version to use. However, it's more than likely that this will be different from either attraction, since I'm now trying to de-emphasize similarities between the other existing Disney parks!)
2.) Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull
3.) Jungle Cruise (this is a new version of the DL & WDW attractions, with a number of different show scenes and attractions!)
4.) Magic Carpets of Aladdin
5.) Pirates of the Carribean (similar to the extended version seen at DL Anaheim)
6.) Tarzan's Treehouse

Critter Country:
1.) Country Bears Jamboree (original show seen at WDW)
2.) It's Tough to Be a Bug
3.) Splash Mountain
4.) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Discoveryland:
This is basically Tommorrowland, with a few elements of EPCOT thrown in, and much more staying power-- especially since Tommorrowland frequently becomes outdated!

1.) Astro-Orbiter
2.) Autotopia
3.) Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
4.) Discoveryland Theater
5.) Discoveryland Transit Authority
6.) The Earth: This is a completely original attraction, with gives guests a visual and interactive journey through the Earth's wonders; with an emphasis on people's and animals' relationship with the Earth on which they live. The Earth is sort of like The Land, but with little or no emphasis on food!!! Among the attractions are:
a.) Behind the Seeds-- or something similar, possibly with a new name
b.) Circle of Life
c.) The Earth Ride-- a mechanical ride which goes with The Earth's theming. I may add a few features of Journey to the Center of the Earth into this ride!
d.) * a multi-story tropical rain forest habitat; with exotic plants, birds, small animals, waterfalls, and large elaborate rock formations!

7.) Imageworks, featuring Honey I Shrunk the Audience: This is basically a smaller, scaled down version of the Journey Into Imagination area at EPCOT, with some of the same attractions and even a few original ones! In addition to HISTA, here is some of what will be included:
a.) Stepping Tones: Since this is a favorite at EPCOT, I decided to throw this in as well!
b.) The Rainbow Corridor: This was an attraction I always wanted to see, but never will since it was recently taken out, IIRC! :( :mad: :cry:

8.) Innoventions: This and other EPCOT attractions (such as Imageworks and Mission: Space) will be scaled down to a smaller size, much like Innoventions at DL Anaheim. Not sure about Living Seas, which may be bigger due to the massive aquarium tank! However, the quality of the attraction will be similar to EPCOT's, so you'll be getting a sample of what will be found at EPCOT, for lack of a better explanation! :D

9.) The Living Seas-- includes the following:
a.) Carribean Coral Reef Ride (no longer at WDW!)
b.) Sea Base Alpha

10.) Mission: Space
11.) Space Mountain
12.) The Time Maker

Fantasyland:
1.) Ariel's Grotto
2.) Beauty and the Beast Castle-- with B&TB dark ride on the ground floor and Belle's Royal Table restaurant on the 2nd floor.
BRT also includes a character breakfast, and has double the number of seats as Cinderella's Royal Table (260 as opposed to CRT's 130) I doubled the number of seats since CRT is the most popular character meal and the hardest to get priority seating for.
3.) Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
4.) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
5.) Hercules' High-Flying Adventure (roller coaster, a bit rougher than Goofy's Barnstormer)
6.) It's a Small World
7.) Mad Tea Party
8.) Mickey Mouse Revue (similar to former WDW attraction now at Tokyo DL)
9.) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
10.) The Old Mill Ferris Wheel: a ferris wheel shaped like a windmill; based on the 1937 Silly Symphony cartoon!
11.) Peter Pan's Flight
12.) Pinocchio's Daring Journey
13.) * Sleeping Beauty dark ride
14.) Snow White's Scary Adventures

Frontierland:
1.) Big Thunder Mountain Raliroad
2.) Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
3.) Frontierland Riverboat
4.) Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
5.) The Haunted Mansion
6.) Pocahontas Island (a mini-section within Frontierland, similar to Tom Sawyer's Island) Includes the following:
a.) 17th Century Jamestown, VA settlement recreation
b.) Enchanted Glade play area
c.) Indian Village, with Ceremonial Dance Circle (much like the long-gone DL Anaheim Indian Village)
d.) Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends

7.) Woody's Saloon Revue

Mickey's Toontown:
1.) Donald's Boat
2.) Goofy's Barnstormer (ride may have slight differences from WDW)
3.) Jolly Trolley
4.) Mickey's House
5.) Minnie's House
6.) Professor Ludwig Von Drake's House of Genius (based on an earlier proposal on the Imagineers board)
7.) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
8.) Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin (play area based on Scrooge's immense money bin, which also includes a "meet & greet" area reserved for Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and Uncle Scrooge McDuck himself!)
9.) Toontown Hall of Fame

Parades:
1.) * Afternoon Parade: have NO idea whatsoever, but I am quite partial to the snowglobes at WDW's Share a Dream Come True, and I have no idea what parade DL Anaheim runs in the afternoons. However, I'm sure that this will be something different from either park, anyway!

2.) Night Time Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade, but a slightly updated version.

Last but certainly not least, there's Belle's Surprise Celebration on the stage in front of the Fantasyland side castle, as well as the fireworks show with Tinker Bell over Beauty and the Beast castle at night!

Phase 2: * DISNEY STUDIOS (LOCATION OF PARK) Is this name sufficient for the studio park, or should I use something else?

Anyway, this is an actual working studio, spanning 175 acres (as opposed to Disney-MGM's 154); with six soundstages (double the number of Disney-MGM), an backlot, an animation studio, plus more! There are 23 rides and attractions, roughly the same number as Disney-MGM. Here's a list of these rides and attractions:

1.) Aladdin's Musical Adventure (I chose Aladdin to offer something different, since WDW has Hunchback of Notre Dame)
2.) Armageddon Special Effects Stage
3.) Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! (even though WDW has this, I thought that since Belle and the Beast have the castle, their stage show should be included as well!)
4.) Disney Studio 1-- which includes:
a.) Sound Studio: a mock SFX studio, where guests add sound effects to various Disney cartoons!
b.) TV Zone: similar to the now-defunct Disney-MGM attraction; where guests interact with characters on both classic and current TV sitcoms!

5.) Earfell Tower (this is an actual working water tower, unlike the giant prop at Disney-MGM!)
6.) Fantasmic!
7.) Festival of the Lion King
8.) The Great Movie Ride (with primarily different movie scenes from the WDW attraction)
9.) Harry Potter ride/attraction of some sort (one is rumored for Disney-MGM)
10.) Hollywood Wax Museum: a much scaled-down reproduction of the actual Hollywood museum, with an emphasis on Disney characters and actors.
11.) Hyperion Theater (should this have a different name or not?)
12.) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (even though Disney-MGM has this, I think this is one of their very best attractions, and therefore, should be included here!)
13.) Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3-D
14.) Magic of Disney Animation-- a real animation studio, broken up into the following sections:
a.) Cel Animation: This will be used mainly for demonstration purposes, as well as TV cartoons for ABC and The Disney Channel, and an occasional theatrical cartoon short to accompany Disney's feature film releases. This is due to Michael Eisner's decision to curtain traditional 2-D cel animation for 3-D computer animation. (a very bad decision, IMHO!)
b.) 3-D Computer Animation: the main product and largest portion of the building, for reasons described above
c.) Clay Animation: used primarily for demonstration purposes, since Disney has used, or plans to use, very little of this product-- a real shame, since Clay Animation is a great but very underrated style of animation, IMHO!

15.) * Monsters, Inc. Dark Ride
16.) Residential Street
17.) Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Courtroom: a 3-D interactive cartoon where YOU are the jury and Roger Rabbit is the judge!
18.) Star Tours
19.) Stitch's Alien Encounter: I have heard numerous reports about ExtraTERRORestrial AE frightening children, particularly younger children; not good PR, especially for Disney! Therefore, this version of AE will be made MUCH less intimidating for the guests, along with the use of a familiar Disney character!

20.) Studio Tour: Behind the Scenes
21.) That's Entretainment! Hollywood Gallery: similar to The Disney Gallery in the Magic Kingdom, but includes exhibits from the rest of Hollywood (live action movies, TV, and possibly music as well!)
22.) Tron: The Ride (based on an earlier proposal on Imagineers)
23.) Who Want's To Be a Millionaire? Play It!

Parades:
* A Hollywood-based parade similar to Disney-MGM's Disney's Stars and Motor Cars, especially since this is a studio-based park. I am seriously considering incorporating Hollywood themed musical tunes into the parade; such as "Hooray For Hollywood", "We're In the Money", "There's No Business Like Show Business", and "That's Entertainment", just to name a few!

Last but certainly not least, there will be the fireworks during the Fantasmic! stage show!

Phase 3: RIPTIDE LAGOON

This is my Phase 3 park, which consists of a very large water park (at least the size of Blizzard Beach, which is 66 acres) combined with Paradise Pier, a smaller section off to one side of the park with mechanical rides-- many of them too intense to fit into the Magic Kingdom. I would estimate the land area of this park, considering the combined water and ride areas, to be approximately 100 acres.

The name Riptide Lagoon comes from a combination of Riptide Reef-- the original name for the water park at Carowinds, which was changed to WaterWorks in 1997 along with all other Paramount parks; and Typhoon Lagoon, one of the 3 existing water parks on WDW property. Here is a list of what I have so far:

The main water park area has TWO wave pools; a gentler wave pool primarily for younger guests and the less thrill-seeking, and a wave pool with larger, rougher waves. The wave pools are surrounded by numerous water rides. I really can't come up with any specific water rides, since I've only been to a water park only once when I was 10. Therefore, * could anyone here help me come up with a few water rides for this park? *

Paradise Pier:
As I said earlier, this is a smaller, pier-like area consisting of mechanical rides; similar to the California Adventure section, but with much more of a Disney theme. Here is a list of rides and attractions so far:

1.) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (I figured that this is a much better location for this ride than Adventureland, and certainly better than Fantasyland!)
2.) Aquatopia
3.) Ariel's Under the Sea Carrousel: similar to King Triton's Carrousel at Disneyland's California Adventure, but not quite. Among other things, this carousel is a bit fancier and more elaborate, and the artwork of various California coast's piers is replaced by scenes from The Little Mermaid.
4.) * Benny the Cab dodgems/bumper cars
5.) Golden Zephyr
6.) Gondola Wheel: similar to Sun Wheel at California Adventure, but the sun faces on the sides of the ferris wheel are replaced by Mickey Mouse faces!
7.) * Herbie the Love Bug themed wild mouse-like coaster
8.) Hercules' Test of Strength (similar to the Maliboomer, but with an animatronic Hercules that bangs a hammer onto the platform, sending riders to ring the bell at the top of the ride!)
9.) Hook's Revenge: modeled after Captain Hook's ship, the Jolly Roger, this ride swings riders backward and forward before completing a series of 360-degree rotations at 33 feet per second! This ride is similar to The Gauntlet, now Rocket Power Air Time, at Paramount's Carowinds. (with pics in below URL's)

http://www.carowinds.com/attractions_rides_featured.jsp?id=544023
http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/OldWorld/Gauntlet01.htm

10.) Jumpin' Jellyfish
11.) King Neptune's Spinning Trident (basically a Disney version of the Scrambler; with three rotating arms holding four spinning seats apiece)
12.) Lilo & Stitch Surfing Coaster
13.) Midway Games
14.) Pecos Bill's Round Up: similar to the amusement park/traveling fair ride, but with ride cars for the passengers to sit in instead of standing up on the sides. An example can be found on Scream Weaver at Paramount's Carowinds (pic in below URL):

http://www.coastertown.com/Paramount/Carowinds/Waynes/Scream03.htm

15.) * Paradise Pier Sky Tower (is this name sufficient?): This is a 300+ foot tall observation tower, which gives riders a panoramic view of the park from a great height!
16.) * River Rapids ride similar to Kali River Rapids in WDW's Animal Kingdom and Grizzly River Run in DL's California Adventure
17.) Scream Machine-- similar to California Sceamin' at DL's California Adventure, but may need a somewhat different design and ride track if this is too similar. However, I would like to retain the "Mickey" track on the side of the coaster!
18.) Sinbad's 7 Voyages (but in English instead of Japanese! :D )
19.) Soarin' Over (wherever this park is located!): An IMAX theater virtual ride much like Soarin' Over California at Disneyland's California Adventure, but based in the area where this proposed Disney theme park is located!
20.) The Whirlpool-- different from Tokyo DisneySea ride, in which the teacups are replaced by spinning "Tilt-a-Whirl" seats, which spin faster if riders pull the seats' gate level towards them! The basic design and "under the sea" artwork will be similar, however.

Not sure about in-park entertainment for a (mostly) water park, other than carnival-type sideshow attractions in Paradise Pier. (no un-PC freak shows, please!) If anyone has ideas for in-park entertainment for Riptide Lagoon, particularly Paradise Pier, please feel free to post! :)

Well, there you have it; draft #3 of my proposal for Disney's 6th theme park! Any questions or comments are welcome. Next up will be Downtown Disney and the hotels. Once again, thanks for your suggestions and especially your votes in the polls concerning this propsed Disney park! I really do appreciate it a lot, so here's a round of applause for everyone here on the Imagineers forum!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Nice ideas, Kent.

How about theming your Earth ride to the movie The Core? Have it about journying to the core of earth of course.

Riptide Lagoon is a great name!

I think Snow White's Scary Adventures should be trashed.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Nice ideas, Kent.

How about theming your Earth ride to the movie The Core? Have it about journying to the core of earth of course.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea! Glad you brought that up!

Riptide Lagoon is a great name!

Thanks! You do have good taste!

I think Snow White's Scary Adventures should be trashed.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but this is a popular attraction, IIRC.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked my latest draft, and thanks for giving your feedback! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
A few more things

There's a few more things I forgot to mention above. The three parks will be gathered around a central hub, which inlcudes Downtown Disney and maybe some of the hotels. In addition, I may add a golf course to this park resort area.

The entire property of the 6th proposed Disney theme park resort spans approximately 1200 acres, or nearly 2 square miles-- over 4 times the size of the Disneyland Anaheim Resort (including parking and hotels), but cosiderable smaller than WDW at 43 square miles. IIRC, the entire Disneyland Anaheim resort is just under 300 acres, including the hotels; and the proposed Hong Park park will cover 310 acres. Therefore, this proposed 6th park is not intended as a substitute for WDW, but as a different Disney park to visit. That was why I kept cutting down on similarities as I wrote new my new drafts each time! :)

In addition, I have planned 5 hotels to start with-- 3 Deluxe hotels, 1 Moderate-priced hotel, and 1 Value-priced resort. I am currently working on these and should have them up soon, maybe later tonight if I stick it out! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom