My 3 year old son is a disney addict

KimviG

Original Poster
He has watched the planning video by request probably over 50 times now he says things right along with it. I was watching it with him today and he's talking right over Erin "I'll be your ghost host...". It's too funny. He just asked me for the 5th time today "Are we going back to Disney in Fawida??" "Can we go to Fawida tommowwow and go to Disney?" I love it so much I can't wait to get back.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are you sure that you haven't been doing just a little coaching for daddy's sake? :lol: (I would):lookaroun

BigNormsMom

My three year old disney addict has now turned into a 25 year old addict, and my DH and I loved every minute of it. :dazzle: About a month before we were due to leave, he would start planning everything we were going to do and where we were going to eat and the shows we were going to see.:wave: As of September of 2005, we had visited WDW 23 times, or once a year since that was all the time we could spare from school and work. For my addicts college graduation we took him and his gf to WDW, that is what he wanted.:sohappy: And I can truthfully say, it was the best vacation of them all. There will never be another one like it because my husband, addict's father, passed away :( very suddenly May 31, 2006. We were so glad that we had done it one last time. So enjoy every moment of it and be sure to say good-bye to the World when you leave, because you do not know when all of you will be there again.:)

KrazyKowboy

A touching story of how Disney brings families together. My heart and sympathy goes out to you at the loss of your husband and addicts dad.
Some will tell you time takes away the pain. I'm 52 and usually pretty stoic and lost my dad 20 years ago. Sometimes it still hurts. But having wonderful memories of your loved one is what helps us bear that pain.
As you move forward, I hope those memories will bring you a lot of joy and you'll be able to find it within yourselves to plan new trips to the world. In honor of his memory, part of his legacy will be carried on through you guys as you continue to build new memories for the future generations to come in your family.

For the rest of us here, I'll state again as I have in other posts before,,,,,
Slow down just a little and be thankful for the time you have with your family or friends while at WDW. treasure every moment and relish the memories. We never know how short or fragile life can be. We should'nt be in such a hurry to get to something else, that we miss the value of what and where we are right now.

BigNormsMom is so right !!

And for KimviG, if I leave my number could you have the kid give me a call ?
I'm addicted too and plan year round for the next trip. There's something to research or look up every day and I love planning ahead for the next trip. I count the hours and minutes, much less the days and weeks. My wife and daughter, they just don't understand and think I'm a bit nutty.
I know he's a little guy, but I'd like to talk to some one on my level.

Steve-B

To KimviG: There are lots worse things to be addicted to (though this could turn out to be just as expensive as some :) ).

To KrazyKowboy: I'm right there with you, brother. I'm the one in my family who looks forward to our next trip - regardless of how long until it happens.

natalia1681

I am grooming my 1.5 year old nephew to be a disney addict as well!:lol: You know, you never can start too soon!

I show him the website with the pictures of the rides, I have made sure he has just about every Disney movie ever made, I buy him tons of stuffed animals from the Disney store. This year, I'll be taking tons of characters of pictures (per my mom's advice), so he won't be scared of the characters when he goes for the first time next year!!:wave:

For the rest of us here, I'll state again as I have in other posts before,,,,,
Slow down just a little and be thankful for the time you have with your family or friends while at WDW. treasure every moment and relish the memories. We never know how short or fragile life can be. We should'nt be in such a hurry to get to something else, that we miss the value of what and where we are right now.

I really, really needed to hear that. Thank you.

LouDisney

Kim, what a cute story. We took my nephew last year for his first trip to DW (he was 2 at the time), he talks about it all the time and is a total Disney nut, he was before he went, but is 10 times that now. He can't wait to go back and that is all he talks about. I can't wait for him to go back either.

Since1976

My 2 year old daughter is so into Disney (thanks to me) that I have to work very hard to expose her to other things, just for the sake of making her well-rounded in her tastes.

I can easily see her getting so spoiled on Disney that she would have no idea what the "real" world is like, and what other great things there are in our culture. The obvious corollary is that she would start take Disney for granted, and maybe even *gulp* hate it!

rileyspaw

When our granddaughter was born 7 years ago, GRANNY and I went to the hospital and her first two presents were a pair of 24" stuffed MICKEY and MINNIE which sit on her bed each day since.

As mentioned she turned 7 yesterday (9/17) and has been to WDW over a dozen times and each visit gets better!!

Mickifan17

There's nothing wrong with "brainwashing", I mean exposing them to Disney at such a young age. My 6 year old has been to DisneyWorld 9 times and it's all he talks about when he's not there.

Now my 3 year old is really starting to get into it more. When he sees fireworks or the castle, he gets all excited. I still have a little time for my 14 month old to get addicted. But don't worry, he will. :lookaroun

Mr Starky

He has watched the planning video by request probably over 50 times now he says things right along with it. I was watching it with him today and he's talking right over Erin "I'll be your ghost host...". It's too funny. He just asked me for the 5th time today "Are we going back to Disney in Fawida??" "Can we go to Fawida tommowwow and go to Disney?" I love it so much I can't wait to get back.

It's not just for kids. My wife and I watch it all the time at night on the Laptop Computer in our bedroom. This way we can drean about Disney. :)

"HI, BUCK MELONOMA, MOLDY RUSSELS WART".. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom