My 2nd Trip Report (12/11/03-12/14/03)

My first report back in June was a little long winded, so I''ll try to keep this brief.

I drove up Thursday morning, starting an hour later than I wanted to. Ever set your alarm clock and then forget to turn it on? Yup. That's me. Moron supreme.

Rolled into Animal Kingdom about 11:30. It was chilly, so I didn't ride the Kali Rapids, but I hit every other attraction (except the shows. The shows don't do much for me), and did the Safari twice, and was done about 3:45pm. DAK desperately needs another big attraction.

Speaking of that, the Everest construction looks like it's moving apace, and the area it's taking up is quite a bit larger than it seems from the pics that have been posted here.

After leaving DAK, I checked into All-Star Sports and had dinner at the food court. What a tiny food court! Not much to choose from.

That night, I went with Invero (Tyler) to PI. We started out at the Comedy Club, and they had my favorite comic. The tall skinny guy that looks like the brother of the tall skinny guy on the Drew Carey show. I love the comedy shows, but they are always super funny when that guy is involved.

From their we hit 8-Trax and Mannequins, and basically had a really good time. There were decent crowds and good music. What else can you ask for at a bar? And Tyler was excellent company. Thanks again for keeping me company, Tyler!

On Friday, I had a ticket to MVMCP, so I went to MGM in the morning. I rode ToT (wait time 13 minutes, neat touch!) and RNRC first thing, and then went exploring. Just a couple of quick observations: On the tram tour, they obviously had to change to route to accomodate the stunt show, and it kind of spoils the fun of Catasrophe Canyon, since you see the innards BEFORE you enter the canyon.

Also, the area being worked on for the stunt show is HUGE! After seeing the Travel Channel special on the Paris Studios, I can't wait to see this.

All in all, I was there until about 2:00pm, and had an enjoyable morning. The studios are really starting to grow on me. And the CM who was flirting with me on Star Tours would start off one of the flirtiest days of my life.

Too early to head to MK, so I went to the Winterland putt-putt course. It was fun until I got behind a family that wouldn't let me play through, and had their kids running wild. Still, neatly themed and enjoyable. The squirting snowman was an especially clever touch.

On to MK! I rode up front on the monorail, of course. I don't ever want to ride in the back again! Rode with two guys down from NJ.

I had forgotten about the Mickeys! My favorites were Ellen's (Ellenland!) and Janet Jacksons (Mickey was done up Rhythm Nation style!). The worst was Rosie's. Ick.

My first ride was Timekeeper. It's been SO LONG since I've been able to enjoy that attraction. Nice to have seen it again.

I basically puttered around, doing some of the older Fantasyland attractions, and little shopping until they closed the park at 6pm. When I went to get my wristband for the MVMCP event, I got a real smart alecky chick CM. I've got a decent sense of humor, so I bantered with her for a bit, but someone else might not have been so polite with her.

Once they closed the park they asked us to go to Tomorrowland and stay there until the park re-opened at 7pm. OK with me! I hadn't been on Space Mountain yet.

This is where it gets interesting. There was a cheerleading competition taking place at WDW. The MK was CRAWLING with cheerleaders. I got seated behind five of them in SM. On the way out, I could hear them giggling and laughing and coming up and checking me out. I said hi to them and got a group hug, for some reason.

I headed over to Timekeeper (yes, again), and one of the came up and asked if I had a girlfriend. (!) I told her yes, but she was home because she couldn't get off work.

A little later, I was sitting in Philharmagic waiting for the show to start when the same group of giggling high schoolers found me again and surrounded me. I finally had to tell them I was old enough to be their Dad! I have to admit, being stalked by cheerleaders giving out compliments is a nice little ego boost.

I had time before the fireworks (I started to watch the parade so I could take some pics for my niece, but the batteries gave out right as the parade started), so I rode TM and SM.

Ever have your own SM boat? I did, and I have the pic to prove it! Actually, the two female CM's working the pic preview place, and the male CM at the pic counter, made some nice comments about me riding the boat alone. Something along the lines of wanting to ride with me. My ego was the size of the Great Pumpkin by this point.

Just a few more quick MK observations. Philharmagic is absolutely brilliant, and the Donald animatronic is amazing. The fireworks show was a stunner as well. The show and the music were in perfect sync, and the fireworks themselves were amazing. It's hard to describe, but the way some of them explode, have different colors on the outside of them, and then go off in different directions were just to cool for words. And the finale lit up the whole MK!

MVMCP was neat as well, although to me the best part was running around the park and getting on rides in 10 minutes or less. I ended up staying until about midnight. Did I have sore legs the next day!

This is turning out to be a little more wordy than I had hoped.

Saturday was Epcot, and the first stop was M:S. WOW!!! I can't desribe in words the sensations this ride generates. Just, WOW!!!

From their I went to TT, and saw Kenan, who was working the point of the ride where your cars gets sent out. He didn't look to happy, though. So, after the ride (which worked flawlessly for the first time ever for me! Thanks Kenan!), I introduced myself to him and commented that he didn't seem too happy. He said he was just tired. Poor kid.

BTW - Your pictures don't do you justice, Kenan.

OK, just a few Epcot observations. Living Seas was a disappointment. I love that attraction, and half of it was closed off. Some poor guy behind me got of the hydrolator with his kids and said "Was that the ride?"

I finally watched the Norway movie after Maelstrom. Worst soundtrack ever! Crappy movie, too.

I was the only one laughing on Ellen's Energy Adventure. Does that say something about me? Still, I think they need to shave about 10 minutes off that ride. People in the pre-show hear they're going to be in the theater for 37 minutes and half of them bolt.

That night, PI again! This time I got to see the Christmas edition of the Library Show at the AC. LOVED IT!

Did my usual 8-Trax/Mannequins back and forth. At Mannequins, I ran into the two guys from NJ I was riding with on the monorail on Friday! Wierd, huh? Turns out they're step-brothers, one straight, one gay. I ended up hanging with them for the rest of the night. I really just enjoy PI. If I lived in Orlando I'd be there every night.

One thing I almost forgot to mention, The All-Star buses. They're not trying to stick people from all three hotels on one bus anymore. Whoever made that decision, I salute you!

On Sunday, I had to stop by DTD on the way home to pick up a few gifts and then headed home. It POURED the entire time, and people in Florida, who can't drive anyway, REALLY can't drive when it's raining. Not a pleasant drive. Not enough to ruin a great trip, tho!

That's it. Thanks for reading, and have a great holiday!

BRER STITCH

Great trip report GARYT997!!!

Glad you had a fun time!
Thanks for sharing, and have a great Holiday Season yourself!

:xmas:

GaryT977

Original Poster
I forgot to mention one thing. The new pre-show for Honey I Shrunk The Audience used a bunch of flat screen TV's instead of the old slide projector. The picture on them was stunning. I was able to see that they were made by Pioneer, but I couldn't get the model number. Can any CM's help me out here?

RPMdfw

Originally posted by GaryT977
I headed over to Timekeeper (yes, again), and one of the came up and asked if I had a girlfriend. (!) I told her yes, but she was home because she couldn't get off work.

:confused: :veryconfu

You have a girlfriend, Gary? When did THAT happen? :lol:

Make sure you bring her to the big gathering in June. We'd all love to meet her! :D

Okay, I'll be serious now. :lookaroun It's great to hear that you had a great time, and yes it is great to have people flirt with you, even when they're not someone you would be interested in. I agree with you completely about Philharmagic. We saw it 4 times in October. We also loved Wishes.

Yes the screens in the HISTA preshow are cool but we HATED the show. I liked True Colors so much better. And even Scott, who didn't like True Colors thought this preshow was worse.

Speaking of Scott, I did go out to L.A. to see him for Thanksgiving and we did Disneyland and DCA while I was there. What a blast!

Okay, I'm rambling so I should probably go to bed.

Great trip report, Gary! I'm looking forward to seeing you again in June.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

GaryT977

Original Poster
Re: Re: My 2nd Trip Report (12/11/03-12/14/03)

Originally posted by RPMdfw
:confused: :veryconfu

You have a girlfriend, Gary? When did THAT happen? :lol:

Scary, huh? ;)

It just seemed the quickest way to end that conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom