My 2010 Monorail Christmas Display

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I'm proud to announce that my monorail Christmas display is officially put together.

dsc09502j.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

New this year: Disney's Contemporary Resort add-on, the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty, Tinkerbell, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Buzz and the green dinosaur from Toy Story (isn't Rex his name?), plus other little knick-knacks and accessories.

dsc09503k.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

dsc09509i.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

Forgot to mention about the new little spotlights that now illuminate the front of the train station, Contemporary and the Ferris Wheel.

dsc09510d.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

dsc09511p.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

dsc09512v.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

dsc09513g.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

dsc09494w.jpg

By hpcrazy at 2010-11-22

Merry Christmas! I'll have a video of the layout uploaded to Youtube sometime pretty soon, once I can upload the files to the computer. For those of you who may want to follow me on Youtube, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HPCrazy?feature=mhum

I have plenty of Disney footage on there from our recent September 2010 WDW trip (as well as other theme park footage), so feel free to friend-request and subscribe to me if you'd like.

For those of you who followed me during last year's monorail display, here are pics from 2009:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=527768

Hope you enjoy the pics and Happy Holidays! :)

erstwo

I LOVE it!!!

As a child, my grandparents (huge WDW lovers) would put together a WDW Christmas tribute that took up their entire living room. As a teenager, I thought it was sooooo tacky. As an adult, I'm now trying to figure out how to rearrange my family room furniture to make room for the Contemporary under the tree! :lol: Although, I may have to fight my 7 year old son for the monorail, it's technically his monorail. :D

Thank you for sharing!

Tooning

That looks awesome. Good Work. I like to do upmy christmas tree but I can't find enough Disney stuff(In my scale) so it is just a town and a train

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys! :)

erstwo - glad you mentioned about the Contemporary. Where I set it up is where I originally wanted it to be. I was afraid that the wall would've been an issue and that it would've had to go on the other side. In the end, it came out just right!

Tooning - browse your local circular for Disney deals! Sometimes I go to a local toy show and pick up some of the little Disney figures cheap (two for a buck, that kind of stuff) as well as places like Walmart and Target. The little Toy Story figures came out in either 2-packs for $3.00 or the 5-pack (Jessie, Bullseye, Woody, Rex and Buzz) for around $15.00. I figured I'd rather pay the fifteen and get more figures and I was happy that they were the small ones to fit in with everything else (most of the originals that I had from my first WDW visit in 1989). Target did this when Toy Story 3 was released on DVD, so you may still want to check their toy section to see if they still have them. Amazon and Ebay are also good tools, that's how I got my train station, black striped (retired) monorail and the sign sets.

BuzzGoofy

Just watched the video. Very cool.

The ferris wheel got me thinking. I know there is a ferris wheelat Paradise pier in california. Has there ever been one at WDW?

Again, very cool set up.

MissM

My sound card has refused to work since our reinstall and has thus rendered my pc mute so I haven't bothered watching any videos lately but the photos looks great!

I'm excited because I picked up some of the Dept. 56 "Disney Parks Village" pieces ("Mickey's Christmas Carol" - which looks like Sir Mickey's - and the Fire Station) which I'll be adding to our monorail display this year.

I'd still like a train station of some sort and I love the resort sign but...not quite willing to spend ebay prices for them. So I'm finding other items instead to make it Disney, fun and still affordable. :D

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I'd love to see your display once it's set up!

BuzzGoofy - glad you liked the video. If you have a Youtube account, feel free to subscribe to me and check out my other Disney videos! And no, I don't think WDW has ever set up a ferris wheel at all. Did my ferris wheel have you thinking DCA at all? I'm guessing my tea cups could be the Mad Hatter's if we wanted them to be - lol :D

Also consider Santa in the green cable car as a tribute to the Skyway.

Monorail_Red

A Monorail around the Christmas tree is always a must for me, and has been a 10-year tradition for me since I purchased my first play set, Monorail Red, over 10 years ago.

When I was a kid I set up MILES of that track.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom