MVMCP ???

fngoofy

Original Poster
So I'm looking at MVMCP and here are the attractions they have listed as open:
Frontierland
Fantasyland
Tomorrowland
What the hammer is this? Only 5 attractions? No HM, PotC, not even the Tiki Room? How is this worth $105/person when everyone attending will be crammed into 5 attractions? Am I missing something? They have this scheduled for 3 of the 7 nights we are there.

Also, smooth move on their part to have dinning open up for me, but the park calendar for what the park hours will be is lagging behind by 5 days. How am I supposed to book dining when I don't know what hours the park is open??

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Frontierland
Fantasyland
Tomorrowland
What the hammer is this? Only 5 attractions? No HM, PotC, not even the Tiki Room? How is this worth $105/person when everyone attending will be crammed into 5 attractions? Am I missing something? They have this scheduled for 3 of the 7 nights we are there.

Also, smooth move on their part to have dinning open up for me, but the park calendar for what the park hours will be is lagging behind by 5 days. How am I supposed to book dining when I don't know what hours the park is open??

Same drama as last year when not all the bit E-Tickets were listed as being open and the internet lit its hair on fire. The website eventually updated to include all the usual rides as being open for the hard ticket nights.

fngoofy

Original Poster
Same drama as last year when not all the bit E-Tickets were listed as being open and the internet lit its hair on fire. The website eventually updated to include all the usual rides as being open for the hard ticket nights.
1) I'm not bringing any drama to this nor is my hair on fire.
2) While we have done many a MNSSHP, I've never done a MVMCP so how would I know not to take their site as informative?
3) A simple "They will update their site eventually and here is what was open last year" would have been much more useful than your snark.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1) I'm not bringing any drama to this nor is my hair on fire.

Oh? Didn't sound like you were looking for a clarification before complaining...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So, go ahead and book a late dinner. They'll let you know if it won't work.

fngoofy

Original Poster
So, go ahead and book a late dinner. They'll let you know if it won't work.
Well I hear you, but it's more how we structure the whole week (which park for which day.) Especially with the MK having 3 MVMCPs that week.
I know some of it is a given (like EPCOT hrs) but it helps to know what day EMHs are on and what closing times are.
We just don't want to be in a park that closes at 8:00pm and basically have the night end at 6:00 due to dinner.

It's just become a bit of a pain now that you have to coordinate changing closing times, hard ticketed events, a Dining Res window that is 6 months out but FP reservations are now 60 (or 90) days out.
That makes it very tough, as in the old days you got your FPs on the fly. Now, we may be booked in to a park for dinner, but not have any FP options. Which then means we need to call an audible for dinner, but now it's much more difficult due to availability.

In short (too late) I wish we could sync everything up and at 6 months; know the park hrs, get dinning, and FPs (if you are staying on site.)

PrincessNelly_NJ

Are you staying onsite? If so, just go to "my itinerary" and "add parks" you can see hours 196 days out.

thomas998

Frontierland
Fantasyland
Tomorrowland

Frankly I wouldn't waste my time with the MVMCP, to my family it was the weakest of all the special ticket events we've ever done at Disney and not one I would ever recommend at the prices they currently charge. Call me crazy but for the price they charge they could at least have decent hot chocolate and cookies that appeared to have come from a Wal-mart or Sams. Would it have killed them to at least have had mickey mouse shaped cookies or something even slightly special? Only reason I can think of to go there is if you are one of the folks that chase meet and greet photos as you can get some photos with characters that are not otherwise available... but that's it. Just not really worth the price for most people.

fngoofy

Original Poster
Frankly I wouldn't waste my time with the MVMCP, to my family it was the weakest of all the special ticket events we've ever done at Disney and not one I would ever recommend at the prices they currently charge. Call me crazy but for the price they charge they could at least have decent hot chocolate and cookies that appeared to have come from a Wal-mart or Sams. Would it have killed them to at least have had mickey mouse shaped cookies or something even slightly special? Only reason I can think of to go there is if you are one of the folks that chase meet and greet photos as you can get some photos with characters that are not otherwise available... but that's it. Just not really worth the price for most people.

I hear you. We've done the heck out of the MNSSHP and have shifted for this trip to late November.
The challenge is that our last night is a MVMCP and it is nice to end the week at MK rather than EPCOT.
For us it isn't about the characters it's more the ride access and the special fireworks, etc. The downside (in addition to the $$) is if it is busy. Back in the day, MNSSHP was great if it was late Sept. The place was empty and you could walk on rides. Last few years it has been just too packed.

Any insight into how busy the late Nov. MVMCPs are?

thomas998

I hear you. We've done the heck out of the MNSSHP and have shifted for this trip to late November.
The challenge is that our last night is a MVMCP and it is nice to end the week at MK rather than EPCOT.
For us it isn't about the characters it's more the ride access and the special fireworks, etc. The downside (in addition to the $$) is if it is busy. Back in the day, MNSSHP was great if it was late Sept. The place was empty and you could walk on rides. Last few years it has been just too packed.

If you could hit early December it would be better for you. Remember Thanksgiving is in late November and if you has the Friday after Thanksgiving it will likely be pretty heavy as some people go down there during the Thanksgiving break. I'm not sure which Thursday Thanksgiving falls on this year but if you are there the week after Thanksgiving it will be better.

fngoofy

Original Poster
If you could hit early December it would be better for you. Remember Thanksgiving is in late November and if you has the Friday after Thanksgiving it will likely be pretty heavy as some people go down there during the Thanksgiving break. I'm not sure which Thursday Thanksgiving falls on this year but if you are there the week after Thanksgiving it will be better.
Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November.
We are going the Saturday to Saturday after Thanksgiving, we took advantage of the free dining for the trip.
The free dining along with having done Sept the last few years is what pushed us into this time period.

21stamps

Depends on the night. No way to know.
Last year we went to MVMCP on the Friday prior to Thanksgiving.. the year before we went on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.. The Tuesday felt a little more busy, but I wouldn’t take anyone’s word for it if I were you, just pick which night works best for your vacation.

fngoofy

Original Poster
Depends on the night. No way to know.
Last year we went to MVMCP on the Friday prior to Thanksgiving.. the year before we went on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.. The Tuesday felt a little more busy, but I wouldn’t take anyone’s word for it if I were you, just pick which night works best for your vacation.
Sound advice. I think we will be doing the Friday, 11/30 one. It's our last night and probably a good way to end the week.
That being said, it is a lot of money and we may do as we have in the past and end the week at EPCOT. It's a tough call.

21stamps

Here’s a screenshot, with the date, of us on the people mover during MVMCP 2016.. not sure if it was open all night, but 7:27 was during MVMCP hours.
I don’t think we went on it last year, can’t say definitively if it was open or not in ‘17, I’m fairly sure it was though.

03AD2E49-F6C3-4F42-A6F0-D1042081F70E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom