MVMCP

TXDisney

so we are for the 1st time going to MVMCP in early December. We’ve always wanted to, but are finally doing it. I have some questions regarding it. We’re going 12/7 which is a Thursday. I know these things generally get sold out, so I’m Not expecting low crowds. But we have been told that riding rides once regular guests are out isn’t nearly as bad. Lines close to 1/2 the wait times tgey normally are. We have a pretty jam packed day that day. We plan on getting to the park early (opens at 8) so between 8-9 (my wife’s always late). We have FP that day already for PPF, SDMT and Splash. So those are our 3 favorite rides in MK, but still leaves us with a lot we want to do. So the kicker is we have a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe at 11am. Which we are excited about. We want to visit the MK area resorts after breakfast anyway. We’re figuring between breakfast and going around to each resort we will be back in MK at around 3ish. Leaving us a couple hours to ride more rides. I’ve made us a 5:15 California Grill dinner reservation as well, but might cancel if it’s too much. If we do choose to go to it we won’t be back in MK until 7 or so. Now I know MVMCP goes till midnight so we have time to ride rides but we do want to see all that the party has to offer like the parade and fireworks. So my question is do you think I’ve made this day too packed? It’s really only leaving me times to ride rides from 9-10:30, 3-4:30 and 7-midnight (both with parades and fireworks to attend also). We are only going for 5 days and are doing Epcot 2 days (our favorite park) AK a day and Disney Springs and HS the other day.

ToTBellHop

so we are for the 1st time going to MVMCP in early December. We’ve always wanted to, but are finally doing it. I have some questions regarding it. We’re going 12/7 which is a Thursday. I know these things generally get sold out, so I’m Not expecting low crowds. But we have been told that riding rides once regular guests are out isn’t nearly as bad. Lines close to 1/2 the wait times tgey normally are. We have a pretty jam packed day that day. We plan on getting to the park early (opens at 8) so between 8-9 (my wife’s always late). We have FP that day already for PPF, SDMT and Splash. So those are our 3 favorite rides in MK, but still leaves us with a lot we want to do. So the kicker is we have a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe at 11am. Which we are excited about. We want to visit the MK area resorts after breakfast anyway. We’re figuring between breakfast and going around to each resort we will be back in MK at around 3ish. Leaving us a couple hours to ride more rides. I’ve made us a 5:15 California Grill dinner reservation as well, but might cancel if it’s too much. If we do choose to go to it we won’t be back in MK until 7 or so. Now I know MVMCP goes till midnight so we have time to ride rides but we do want to see all that the party has to offer like the parade and fireworks. So my question is do you think I’ve made this day too packed? It’s really only leaving me times to ride rides from 9-10:30, 3-4:30 and 7-midnight (both with parades and fireworks to attend also). We are only going for 5 days and are doing Epcot 2 days (our favorite park) AK a day and Disney Springs and HS the other day.
I’d cancel Cali Grill so you can stay in MK. The park closes at 6 to day guests, so 6-7 is just rides for party guests.

If you want to see the entertainment, that will take up much of the party time. You need a spot for the parade at least 1/2 hr out. So perhaps 7:45 pm sit down for parade in Hub (Frozen Holiday Wish at 8:15, parade steps off at 8:30). Stay for stage show in front of castle at 9:25 and Holiday Wishes at 10. There’s also other entertainment and the cookies and drinks.

There is a reason the ride lines are shorter during the party—most people don’t think they’re paying $100/person for rides.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Unless you've never been to the MK before I would highly recommend to anyone to enjoy the party and save the rides for a regular visit. We went to the party last year for the first time, and we were able to see every show, fireworks and the parade. And in case no one has told you before, make sure you see the parade on main street. It's magical...

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'd suggest doing party activities instead of rides. You should still be able to ride a few things and see the parade/fireworks. I'd also definitely suggest cancelling Cali Grill. I doubt you'd be back to the park before 7 and you're just eating up party time.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would suggest canceling your California Grill too. Enjoy as much of the party as you can. I've done Halloween and Christmas parties and we rarely do rides during the party. We prioritize the special shows, parades (often seeing the parade at both showings), and fireworks. We might do a character meet and greet, like Mickey towards the end of the party. But that's just my two cents.

Upvote 0

CynBeth

The last few times we have been party merchandise was put out at 4 pm at certain shops and goes fast so you will want to be at one of those stores at that time. Also with such a short trip I would do CS for lunch and dinner in the MK and take a short time to visit GF and WL. There are certain places in the MK to get your party wristband if you are already in the park.

Upvote 0

SpectroPhoenix

Hey everyone! I hope this doesn't look like me trying to hijack TXDisney's thread, but I was looking for some advice that might help both of us.

My friends and I have been to MVMCP three or four times before and we always have a blast. We took last year off, but we’re going to be there for the party on December 21st. We’d like to do things differently this time around. We usually just hit the big rides, stop at cocoa/cookie spots, and watch the parade/fireworks. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing the party differently for a fresh experience? I don’t know if the dance parties are really our thing, but maybe some rare characters? Any fun photo ops that we’re missing? Are the stage shows worth seeing? Ironically, all the new holiday events seem to be over at the Studios these days (to make up for all of the construction of course).

I’d rather this not turn into a discussion of how the parties have gotten stale, I’d just like some different perspectives from you guys.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Another vote for canceling Cali Grill. Your paying extra for the party and the ability to experience the park and less traffic don't waste that time sitting in a restaurant.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom