Mvmcp

leeocean

Now, before I start and become inundated with messages to search for it, I did and it didn't really answer my questions.

Questions about MVMCP:

1. Do they open the gates prior to the "actual" start of the event at 7 p.m.?

2. Are the photo lines always long? Do we have to run for them the minute we get in the door? Or, can we wait for the parade and/or fireworks?

3. Are the "free" treats really horrible? Should we just bring out own?

Worldphile

1. Last year, I think people were allowed to linger in the MK between 6:00 pm when the park closed and 7:00 pm when it reopened for the party. They won't open the gates early, but if you are in the MK before closing, you can probably hang out.

2. They are pretty long early in the evening. Last year, the photo spot in Fantasy Land that seemed to have little shorter line. We went about midway through the party and waited 15-20 minutes.

3. The hot chocolate was OK, the cookies were nasty. And, it was a zoo to get them early in the evening. Especially from the restaurant between Tomorrowland and Main Street (can't think of the name for the life of me.) The crowds there for the hot chocolate and cookies were pretty bad.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

I think if you are in the park before it closes, you need to get a wristband at City Hall and that will allow you to stay in the park until the VMCP actually starts.

As far as the pictures goes, there is usually a line of at least 20 people in front of us. You could either stand in it or perhaps try one that's further back in the MK. Believe me, they usually had at least two that I can recall right at the corner of the bridge before you get to the Buzz Lightyear ride and that line fills up fast. Then again, you could always get cookies and hot cocoa from the restaurant and just stand in line and admire the decorations!:)

As far as the treats go, someone posted earlier that the cookies were bought from a store...I don't know if that's true or not. Basically they're the cookies with the crystals on top in shapes like trees, etc. The cocoa is pretty good...my husband and son like the cookies...me, I'm a chocolate chip girl myself so I take a cookie and save it for my son or hubby.:D

Oh and a word of advice...if you are planning on staying the whole time (some parents leave early if they have young children), skip the first parade and go to the 2nd parade...a lot of people leave right before the last parade! Just a word of advice...take it for the .02 it's worth. :animwink:

Hope this helps a bit!:animwink: What date are you going to the VMCP? We're going on 12/8/02! :animwink:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by leeocean
Now, before I start and become inundated with messages to search for it, I did and it didn't really answer my questions.

Questions about MVMCP:

1. Do they open the gates prior to the "actual" start of the event at 7 p.m.?

2. Are the photo lines always long? Do we have to run for them the minute we get in the door? Or, can we wait for the parade and/or fireworks?

3. Are the "free" treats really horrible? Should we just bring out own?

I have to answer one at a time :)

1. I'm not sure if the gates open early....DH & I are usually running a bit late! :lol:

2. From my experience, the photo lines are really wretched at first but then settle down quite nicely

3. Ahhh....the "free" treats - way back when (in the 90's :lol: ), the cookies were of the same sort as Disney sells in the bake shops and the treat stands were plentiful....

Now, the cookies are of the generic cheapy store-bought sort, and DH had a bug in his cocoa :hurl:

I miss the good ol' days!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Any and all info or advice on top of what has already been posted would still be appreciated! I'll be there with my wife on the first night, December 1st! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:D

I shold probably already know this, but how long does it last?

7:00 PM - ????

Upvote 0
I am mystified about all the discussion about the free treats at MVMCP. This will be the first time we have been there in December. But for the life of me, I can't understand the fuss about a cup of hot chocolate and a couple of cookies. I couldn't even fathom standing in line for this.

It seems to me with all the $$ we are going to spend at WDW, I can overlook this minute item.

If I'm off base on this, someone please explain it to me.

Upvote 0

Cheryl

How often do you actually get something for free at Disney? You learn to appreciate whatever you can get!:)
Plus on a cold night like it was last year, the hot cocoa went over really good so not having to put out $2-$3 for a cup really is great!:D

Upvote 0

orangefan15

Originally posted by doombuggy1983
I am mystified about all the discussion about the free treats at MVMCP. This will be the first time we have been there in December. But for the life of me, I can't understand the fuss about a cup of hot chocolate and a couple of cookies. I couldn't even fathom standing in line for this.

It seems to me with all the $$ we are going to spend at WDW, I can overlook this minute item.

Doombuggy, I'm with you on this one...people are making way too much of a big deal out of some free cookies. I have my tix for MVMCP and while all you fools are standing in line waiting for cookies, I'll be riding all the rides:lol:

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

I've been to the Christmas Party the last two years and will be going again this year, and I've never had to wait behind more than 3-5 people for hot chocolate. I'm not a sugar cookie person & haven't had one since I tried it that first year, but the hot chocolate is quite yummy. I stop by the treat stands several times during the night for another cup.

They do let you stay in the park if you have the wristband, or they'll let you in after 6 & give you your wristband. The only thing is they'll herd all the partygoers to one land (last year was Tomorrowland, but this year's Halloween party herded us to Fantasyland) while they clear everyone else out of the park. Then they open it up for everyone to go on in. If you get there at 6 you can go straight to get your picture taken and the wait shouldn't be bad yet. We got to the Halloween party just after 6, were herded to Fantasyland & got in the photo line in front of Small World, and we only waited behind maybe 10 families at most (and they take that picture *fast*). We were already trick-or-treating and heading to the rides a good bit before the party officially started. You can wait till later if you like, but I seem to remember the lines staying pretty even all night at all 4 parties I've been to so far.

See the later parade if you can; it will be easier to get a good spot. And be sure to watch the fireworks where you can see the front of the castle. Anywhere around the hub is good, or in front of Casey's/Crystal Palace or Plaza Ice Cream would be okay. Too close to the castle and your fireworks view will be a little obstructed, but you'll have a great view of the special surprises.

I'll have more about the Halloween party when I post my trip report, but that's a lot of work & it'll have to wait until I get over my post-trip flu.

*Ethyl*

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by doombuggy1983

Ummmm. They're not *free*. They're included in the price of admission to the MVMCP.

Why would I want to pay twice for something by buying hot chocolate somewhere? It's not the moeny, it's the principle behind it.

I'm not saying the cookies or hot chocolate were a deal breaker, but they need to improve the distribution somehow.

Upvote 0

leeocean

Original Poster
Originally posted by Worldphile
Ummmm. They're not *free*. They're included in the price of admission to the MVMCP.

Why would I want to pay twice for something by buying hot chocolate somewhere? It's not the moeny, it's the principle behind it.

I'm not saying the cookies or hot chocolate were a deal breaker, but they need to improve the distribution somehow.

I absolutely agree with Worldphile here. It's all about principle.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Re: Re: Mvmcp

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I have to answer one at a time :)

1. I'm not sure if the gates open early....DH & I are usually running a bit late! :lol:

2. From my experience, the photo lines are really wretched at first but then settle down quite nicely

3. Ahhh....the "free" treats - way back when (in the 90's :lol: ), the cookies were of the same sort as Disney sells in the bake shops and the treat stands were plentiful....

Now, the cookies are of the generic cheapy store-bought sort, and DH had a bug in his cocoa :hurl:

I miss the good ol' days!

Hi, Cymbal! I am back!!! I had a problem with my PC, but now I am using my aunt's PC, so that I can go into the forums again. I am leaving for WDW on Nov 27, staying until Dec 5. Are you going? I hope we can meet there!:)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Hey disneytati!

I was wondering whatever happened to you!

My trip is still a work in progress....I am so hoping to be there to meet you, Belle and the rest of the party! :sohappy:

Cross your fingers and wish me Pixie Dust!! :)

Upvote 0

disneytati

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hey disneytati!

I was wondering whatever happened to you!

My trip is still a work in progress....I am so hoping to be there to meet you, Belle and the rest of the party! :sohappy:

Cross your fingers and wish me Pixie Dust!! :)

Hey, Belle!

There was a flood in my apartment and my PC got WET!!!! I am still waiting for that damn plumbing company to pay for the guy to fix it...

Well, I am sure Disney magic will help your wishes come true!!! Pixie dust to you!!!:kiss: We will be meeting at Bongo's, dec 4, at 7 pm. I hope to see you there too!!!!

Kisses from Brazil!

Upvote 0

Camelot

(1) I don't know when they let you in...I got there about 9:30PM.

(2) My Friends and I got in line for our photos about 10:30PM and we only had about a 20 minute wait. I was disappointed in the photo backdrops that they used. I expected something nicer looking from Disney.

(3) I have to agree with lots of folks who have thought that the cookies were awful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom