MVMCP Tonight

obi-wan-stitch

Hi - this may be a silly question, but if we have admission tickets to MK and are already in the park - do we need to pay extra to stay for the MVMCP? :veryconfu

If so, if we don't have them, do they announce at a certain time that "normal" guests have to leave the park?!

Mystic

Hi - this may be a silly question, but if we have admission tickets to MK and are already in the park - do we need to pay extra to stay for the MVMCP? :veryconfu

If so, if we don't have them, do they announce at a certain time that "normal" guests have to leave the park?!

I don't know about the announcement bit as this is my first time attending the party.

The party is a separate ticket event. Just because you have a ticket to MK for that day doesn't get you into the party. You have to have a party ticket in order to get the wristband and to stay in the park.

kennygman

Original Poster

YES, it is called a "Hard Ticket Event" which means you have to buy a special ticket to the party. They will make announcements and the CMs will rustle everyone without the wristband out of the park for the evening. We're actually going to AK during the day, and MK for the Party on the 12th.

eroyee

:wave: I guess they try to filter out all the non party people but I do know if you dont have a wristband you dont ride any of the rides. you have to have a ticket to the party to get a wristband and yes, its extra. Hope this helps some!!:xmas:

MissM

so if the pin is limited to 2000 pieces its is most likely sold out already
Every night there is a different pin design. There is also a AP holder pin you can purchase any night of the party. The pins are LE and there's a limit of 2 pins per wristband. The pin in the auction was the pin for the first night's event, the 13th. If a pin does not sell out the night it's offered for sale, you can buy it on subsequent nights. However, the reverse is not true. You can not buy the pin set to come out on a future night from the night you attend.

See all the 2006 MVMCP pins here: http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/wdw_mvmcp_2006.htm

:xmas:
-m

kennygman

Original Poster
My friend said there was no free photo available and the wait for the rides was 5-10 mins on everything except Peter Pan posted at 30 mins.

kennygman

Original Poster
Touring Plans now has details about the Christmas Party including the map. According to the map the parade is running on the daytime plan of Frontierland to Main St. That is opposite from last year. It also confirms the 50% off 5x7 photos from Photopass photographers instead of the free photo. (Time to send another email.) It also doesn't mention Belle's Enchanted Christmas.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas': 7, 8, 9, 10:15, 11:15 [Galaxy Palace Theater]
Holiday Wishes: 9:30 [Castle Forecourt Stage]
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade: 8:25, 10:45 (Frontierland to Main St.)
Celebrate the Season- 7:45, 10:15, 11:40 [Castle Forecourt Stage]
Fantasyland Holiday Hop (Cosmic Ray's)
Come party with your favorite Characters at our Holiday Dance Party
See Santa (City Hall in Town Square)

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=53

celestia

Forgive me if I'm wrong but...

I think the first parade time was changed from 8:15 to 8:45. I was inside during the first parade and there was nobody there all night so the parade diddn't make a difference with our crowds, so I can't be sure. Someone did mention that to me though, you may want to double check on it if you are planning to attend the first parade. They told me it was to help make sure the park was clear of day guests before the first parade.

They also show a 6 pm showing of regular Wishes to day guests prior to the party. This will be the first time they have offered regular wishes and holiday wishes both in the same night.

kennygman

Original Poster
I think the first parade time was changed from 8:15 to 8:45. I was inside during the first parade and there was nobody there all night so the parade diddn't make a difference with our crowds, so I can't be sure. Someone did mention that to me though, you may want to double check on it if you are planning to attend the first parade. They told me it was to help make sure the park was clear of day guests before the first parade.

They also show a 6 pm showing of regular Wishes to day guests prior to the party. This will be the first time they have offered regular wishes and holiday wishes both in the same night.

The time on the map says 8:15 PM for the first parade. Perhaps they just had a problem with it? We are second parade people. Here's an overview of our touring plan for the evening of Dec. 12th. (Crowds should be very light that night too)

Animal Kingdom 9-5
5:30 Dinner Cosmic Ray's
6:00 Wishes Regular Show
Grab a cookie and hot cocoa
7:00 Mickey’s ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
7:30-9:30 Character Meets and Rides (cookies and cocoa)
9:30 Holiday Wishes
10:15 Celebrate the Season Show
10:45 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade
11:15 Character Meets and Rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom