MVMCP Must Dos?

The Pho

Jingle Cruise
Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (the second one of the night)
Holiday Wishes

Low wait times means we try to squeeze in most rides in the park as well, primarily doing Space Mountain a bunch of times.
A lot of people also love doing the character pictures, there are a lot of them out. I usually like to at least see a few of them but we don't usually go for pictures.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

This will be my first time at MVMCP as well. My plan is to hit all the special shows and treat stations and mostly skip the rides as we will have plenty of MK time later in the trip.

Is the jingle cruise specific to the party or can I get the same experience during regular MK hours?

My initial thoughts are to see the first parade, then fireworks then as the park starts to empty visit some of the unique character meets (specifically the 7 dwarfs and Sandy Claws). Is this a sound plan? My thinking was the shorter lines for the high demand characters would make up for having to spend more time claiming a spot for the earlier parade. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

The Pho

Jingle Cruise is available outside the party, you'll just wait longer unless you get a fastpass.

I think those are the two most popular character spots for the party, their line doesn't really shrink much, or at least didn't seem to anytime I've walked by them. If you aren't interested in the rides during the party, I would get in line for the dwarves prior to the party start and get them out of the way first. You'll want to be able to hang around the front of the castle for some time to be able to catch both shows, the fireworks, and first parade, basically 8- 10:15 assuming similar show times to last year (and that doesn't include finding a spot time), starting with Frozen, then parade, then Mickey stage show, and ending with Fireworks with some hard to fill dead between. I wouldn't spend much time getting cookies and hot chocolate until later unless you really want one early, they have lines early on and no lines after the first hour, you should be able to get the first cookie on the Main Street bypass before the party starts.

Personally I would avoid the first parade, but I like the lesser crowded second one.
To do everything I would do this (and this is assuming the times are the same as last year):
6:15 Frozen castle show (not necessary to us, I like seeing the castle after the show more than the show itself)
7:45 Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
8:10 VoicePlay (not necessary to us, nice acapella show)
10:00 Holiday Wishes
10:30 Mickey's Most Merriest castle show
11:00 Parade
Then fill in the gaps with characters and cookies.
This way you'd be in front of the castle for only the a little over an hour instead of over two hours.

Upvote 0
We don't usually focus on rides when we are at a party, were normally staying for two weeks so have plenty of time to do rides.
We focus on the parade, shows & fireworks as well as a few of the unique character meet & greets, we also like just wandering around the MK taking in the atmosphere.
If you want to meet Sandy Clause or the dwarves then you may want to get in line early as they usually come out before the party starts.
Whatever you end up doing I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
Great! We've only done MNSSHP and we were so character focused that we missed hallow-wishes and I know we don't want to miss the fireworks this time. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom