MVMCP - Extra nights = Less Crowded?

Gravydeen

Original Poster
They seem to have added alot more nights to Mickey's Christmas Party this year. Have the crowds increased that much over the past few years or do you think they are trying to make it more enjoyable with fewer crowds? We went three years ago the second week of December. I keep reading posts that indicate crowds in general at Disney have increased. If I remember right it seemed like the Party was only maybe twice a week then. It is now maybe four times a week and it starts in earlier November. I just wonder what we can expect now compared to then.:xmas:

kennygman77

Here's a tip for the party that most may not know. You are corralled near the Haunted Mansion while they clear the park of those not wearing armbands. As soon as they open the rest of the park, head over to Tomorrow land and ride, then come back over and you'll miss any crowds

pacochran

My belief is that in part crowds depend on the night you go. I think if you go during the week it is less crowded than on weekend nights, because your more likely to have local people go on the weekends. I know that we did the Halloween party on a Friday, and thought it was crowded, maybe not as much during the day, but more than we expected. Last year we did the Christmas party and did it on a Tuesday and thought it was great. We had supper at Liberty Tree Tavern then hit the rides over in that end, and we had now waits, in fact rode splash mountain three times without getting off. We hit tomorrowland a little later and it was a little more crowded but not that bad.

I would say try and go during a weeknight party and it will be a lot better.

shoppingnut

pacochran said:
My belief is that in part crowds depend on the night you go. I think if you go during the week it is less crowded than on weekend nights, because your more likely to have local people go on the weekends. I know that we did the Halloween party on a Friday, and thought it was crowded, maybe not as much during the day, but more than we expected. Last year we did the Christmas party and did it on a Tuesday and thought it was great. We had supper at Liberty Tree Tavern then hit the rides over in that end, and we had now waits, in fact rode splash mountain three times without getting off. We hit tomorrowland a little later and it was a little more crowded but not that bad.

I would say try and go during a weeknight party and it will be a lot better.

Yes, this is very true, week nights are less crowded. They will let you into the park around 4:00p the night of the party and give you a wrist band. The park closes at 6:00p that night and you will be asked to go to one of the lands to wait, when I went one year it was tomorrowland and all the rides in that land are open for you to enjoy, then at 7:00p when the party starts you can go anywhere in park you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom