MVMCM - Need some input

JayWDW

Original Poster
Hey, all!

We are headed to the WORLD Dec. 18 - 26. Working with a budget (aren't we all???) but I'm stuck with a bit of a tough decision. We can either, upgrade to the park hopper tickets (right now we have base tickets) OR we can purchase tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We have been to WDW several times, but this is our first Christmas trip. What are your thoughts? Is the MVMCM really worth the extra money? OR would our hard earned bucks be better spent on the park hopper? I appreciate any input you have!!!

Jimmy Thick

Thats a tough call.

MVMCP is a fantastic experience especially if you have children, but these days a park hopper is a must.

Personally I would get the park hopper and try to sell off some of my video game collection to get the party tickets if need be, but I would have to have the hopper. I like the option to bounce around from park to park.

Chef Mickey

Park Hopper because there is more value for dollars spent. Park Hopper can be used your entire stay. This Christmas party is one night and it's over.

To me, it's not even a close decision. The Christmas Party is fun, but you'll find a lot of people saying it's overrated for the money.

LAinSFLA

Tough call. We spent the money on park hoppers a few years ago and then by time our vacation came...we never park hopped. Not once in 7 days. We couldn’t believe it. We had it all planned, but ended up staying at the parks and not going back to the hotels to rest. We did not have small children, so a 14 hour day at Epcot was doable. We did the MVMCP when it was cheaper ($53/ticket). It is a nice parade and character meets, but the price is out of hand now for the same parade and characters. However...if you go during a party, you will have quick access to all rides. During our party, we did the fireworks, parade, all characters and every ride we wanted to ride twice. That was pretty sweet. Both tickets can be pricey... but when will you be back to do it again?? During that time of the year, the parks will be extra busy, so the party ticket maybe a good way to do MK with less people. Even if you take a day away, that doesn’t save you a lot of money. I think after four days, it’s like $7/day/ticket.

My vote is to do it. You aren’t going to do it every year, or maybe every trip. Curb a habit for a few weeks and save some money. Also look at Kroger/wal-greens/etc. we got disney gift cards last year somewhere buy $100 got $20 free or $20 off. There will be deals coming up for Black Friday, cyber Monday.

RHCP Mickey

8. We have a ticket for every day we're there except the day we arrive...our plane lands at 9:00 pm.
Woof! Getting all the rides in won't be an issue then. With anything less than 6 days, I would have recommended MVMCP. But with that many days, you'll want the flexibility of the hoppers.

JIMINYCR

Ive enjoyed the MVMCP when Ive attended and thought it was worth the price of the event ticket. However if its a one or the other situation I'd also recommend getting the park hopper over the event tickets. Being that its your first WDW Christmas trip, there will be a lot to see and do that can give you that special holiday thrills and memories. As long as you are going to use the PH enough during your visit its worth getting over the tickets because it will free you up to move around so you can get more done. Be sure to visit the resorts displays and decorations too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom