Must have souveniers?

tracyandalex

I want one of everything too!!!!!! Unfortunatley we have not won the lottery, so i sette for some magnets. most of the time we buy a towel or two and my favorite - pens from around the world. Oh and some bubble bath & shower gel from UK at epcot. alex just tries to keep me from losing the house!!!! :lol:

jazzzz

anything to remind us of our trip. Usually a few pins that comemmorate the time and special event going on, or the resort we're staying at. Lately though, we've been getting blankets and beach towels from the resorts we stay at. I know each resort has a themed beach blanket, but are there throw rugs for each resort as well? We got one from AKL on our last trip.

GenieGirl

I would say anything that reminds you of the time you spent at Disney makes it a special remembry tool for you. The gold ears are the only thing that would be a "MUST." A good general rule of thumb if you want something is to walk away from it and if you still want it later, go back and get it. I bought something the other day that I returned to 4 times in 15 minutes b/c I could not get it out of my head. If something has that kind of draw, then it is worth getting. But that is just MNSHO.

Jekyll Baker

Definitely my resort mugs. Park maps (they're FREE). CDs - usually the "official" albums (the HCOE 2-disc set is awesome!) or music groups from Epcot (I love Mo'Rockin). I think I'll get some gold ears in September. An ocassional pin or shotglass. But at least one thing from each trip.

psifreek27

Im not a BIG souvenier shopper...but I like buying one semi big thing like instead of a bunch of little 5 dollar- 8 dollar stuff...i get like a 25-35 dollar thingy...last time i went i bought a mickey maquette of him holding the sorcerer hat with a snowglobe on the hat that has little icons from all over WDW, and he's in his sorceror garb...and it says "Where magic lives". i have it on my desk because mickey inspires me, especially the message of magic. I love it! It reminds me of why i do what i do and why i love disney so much. I like statues and snowglobes!

This weekend on my trip , Im visiting property control (cast store) hopefully it will some stuff!

must buys fior the trip, golden mouse ears!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Pins, Park /attraction /resort
Shirts attraction / resort
Ride Photos- Splash is compulsory, and whatever else makes one of us look stupid.

DanStat

mrtoad said:
She can be (at most times).

On our last trip we went way overboard. We had booked to stay at the Polynesian which is way about what we normally do and we stayed one night and switched resorts to POR as we had a very dirty room and some other issues. Anyway, long story short we spent the difference we saved on more souveniers which was a lot. She went home with Aurora, Jasmine and Cinderella costumes as well as a ton of hats, small little doohickys and every spinning light thing you can imagine.

On our next trip she is being given x amount of dollar bills for her souveniers and she will be told when they are gone there are no more and hopefully she will understand that (she is only 4).

Your daughter will appreciate that much more. My parents "cut me off" ;), and they give me $200, plus I bring some of my own. It makes me appreciate what I buy, and I avoid grabbing everything in sight!

mrtoad

disneyprep50321 said:
Your daughter will appreciate that much more. My parents "cut me off" ;), and they give me $200, plus I bring some of my own. It makes me appreciate what I buy, and I avoid grabbing everything in sight!

Thanks, I hope so. We will see I guess (my fingers are crossed). :)

Noah&Emily'sMom

mrtoad said:
Thanks, I hope so. We will see I guess (my fingers are crossed). :)

We are going to WDW in October, it will be the first trip for our 4yr old son, we are having him earn disney dollars for small chores around the house, remembering to use manners, etc. He enjoys collecting them, especially when we go to the disney store to buy more.

bsandersjr

My wife has to get a shirt every year. Along with resort mugs, Goofy candy, and a new hat. For me, I am happy with the pictures we take and buy. One year, I got lucky and snapped the castle with a firework exploding behind it. I will never forget that trip. But back to the subject at hand, for me, on every trip, i usually get either a hat or a pin.

mrtoad

Noah&Emily'sMom said:
We are going to WDW in October, it will be the first trip for our 4yr old son, we are having him earn disney dollars for small chores around the house, remembering to use manners, etc. He enjoys collecting them, especially when we go to the disney store to buy more.

I love the Disney Dollars, that is a good idea. :)

mrtoad

bsandersjr said:
My wife has to get a shirt every year. Along with resort mugs, Goofy candy, and a new hat. For me, I am happy with the pictures we take and buy. One year, I got lucky and snapped the castle with a firework exploding behind it. I will never forget that trip. But back to the subject at hand, for me, on every trip, i usually get either a hat or a pin.

I think as well that the best souveniers are actually our photos from the trips. They do mean more to me than anything I can purchase.

MusicMaker

You HAVE to get the golden ears of course! My daughter got her name embroidered on it at the X'mas store in Downtown Disney with a fancy type and a couple of Mickey Mouse logos on either side of her name.
The Mr. Pototo Head is fun, as well as the charm bracelets.
We got the charm bracelet as well as a little handbag that you can clip the charms onto as well.
The best souveniers are of course pictures, videos and memories!:sohappy:

DisKid

Well....

I always go for the unique stuff--stuff you can't find on Disney Direct or other places you can get to at home...which seems to be quite a bit of stuff at WDW anymore...

But anyways...
I always go with the good stuff. No pins! (to me, I don't see what the point is. when you get home, they just go in storage...) I always get the unique snowglobes...they can be expensive, but they are sure memorable, and can be easily displayed at home. Maybe a couple of shirts that you can tell will only be around for the year you visited... And resort stuff too!

jacksnightmare

I am not into buying that much either. I always buy a few pins to remember the trip by, usually a print from the art of Disney (the ones for 15 bucks) and then I take home park maps, and anything else that is not nailed down to the floor in my room, and 3-D glasses, food trays. I still gives me the sense of bring things home as well as having money to put away for my next trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom