"must have" reservations for....

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
I don't know if this is available somewhere but I was trying to remember what restaurants "you must" make reservations at 180 days out to even hope to get in.
Thank you.

CaptainAmerica

"Must" is probably an exaggeration, but Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, and pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace are the ones that jump out to me. Any character meals would also be good to lock up early, as well as any meals that you want at a specific time (fireworks at California Grill, for example).

Kate Alan

Essentially, any character meal (esp. Cinderella's Table, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, and O'Hana), Be Our Guest, and any "timed dining" as @CaptainAmerica stated - if you are looking to watch fireworks tableside from Rose & Crown, for example, those slots go fast.

If you don't get the reservations you're hoping for, you can always keep checking back, and reservations have been known to pop up closer to trips (I've made dinner reservations for Be Our Guest as close as two weeks prior to travel), but don't bank on it. For peace of mind, if there is somewhere you KNOW you want to eat, book it 180 days out.

DisneyFans4Life

Will this be your first visit to WDW? The reason I ask is because if it is, there are certain restaurants (IMO) that you'd definitely want to eat at that really makes the experience of being at Disney that much better.

To me, those restaurants are:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Be Our Guest
'Ohana
California Grill (during fireworks)
Tony's (seated on the patio during the parade)

cornandacobb

Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest

For dinner at least....although we lucked into an 8:40 seating 3.5 months out. We are a large party (7). You may be able to find some awful lunch and breakfast times too if you prefer those meals. I have been trying every day multiple times a day to improve my reservation (8:40 is late for 3 kids...one age 5). No luck. Haven't seen ANY dinner times for a large party (7).
California Grill and Le Cellier and the aforementioned character meals(especially MK character meals). We were able to secure a solid Akershus breakfast for 7 people 3.5 months out. Coral Reef fills up rather quickly unless you like "off" times. And really it also depends on your party size. Table for 2 or 3 will be much easier than 5, 6 or 7.

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
Will this be your first visit to WDW? The reason I ask is because if it is, there are certain restaurants (IMO) that you'd definitely want to eat at that really makes the experience of being at Disney that much better.

To me, those restaurants are:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Be Our Guest
'Ohana
California Grill (during fireworks)
Tony's (seated on the patio during the parade)
This will not be my first trip(or my first this year actually)I was just trying to put a list together in my head(not a good place to make a list )and was just making sure I hadn't overlooked anywhere.

tglancy

As others have said, if you have your heart set someplace, make a reservation, because just walking up and getting a table can prove difficult. Not impossible, mind you, but difficult. Impossible would be BOG, Royal Table, places like that.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Like others have said

Any 'Timed Dining' Fireworks at O'hana, California Grill, Rose and Crown (note try to schedule about 60-90 minutes BEFORE fireworks start)

Cinderellas Royal Table
Pre-Opening Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest
Le Cellier
Akershus
1900 Park Faire Character Meals

These are the biggies - the rest you can usually get even week of if you are flexible on time

Ted Daggett

I find that Crystal Palace has a lot of last minute cancellations. I obtained an 8:05 am ADR for Breakfast at Crystal Palace for March 1, 2016 (park opened 9 am, no EMH), on Feb 28, 2016 at 6 pm. My point is, that if you don't get what you want originally, check back often, especially right when you get inside the 24 hour cancellation period, when most people will be cancelling unwanted reservations. When I booked Crystal Palace, I also had the option to book 8:55 am BOG reservation on 3/1/16. Now that I think of it, there was a 6:50 pm chef Mickey reservation for Feb 29 available as well, and a 5:30 'ohana reservation. However our plane was landing at 4:30 pm on 2/29, so didn't want to rush.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom