Musical History of Disneyland Box set

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
I read on Disneyinsider that Disney will be realeasing a 6 disk box set of all the sounds you would hear walking through Disneyland starting with the train station,train,main street,attractions,etc. It also includes a limited edition rereleased gold album of Walt Disney welcoming and walking you though Disneyland, COP is included as well. Sadly it's a limited edition set when it goes on sale,but sounds so cool as if you were to close your eyes and allow your imagination to take you to disney parks. Here's the link www.WaltDisneyRecords-50thAnniversary.com hope it works. I got the info from www.DisneyOnline.com.

Bravesfn1

DisneyMemories said:
I read on Disneyinsider that Disney will be realeasing a 6 disk box set of all the sounds you would hear walking through Disneyland starting with the train station,train,main street,attractions,etc. It also includes a limited edition rereleased gold album of Walt Disney welcoming and walking you though Disneyland, COP is included as well. Sadly it's a limited edition set when it goes on sale,but sounds so cool as if you were to close your eyes and allow your imagination to take you to disney parks. Here's the link www.WaltDisneyRecords-50thAnniversary.com hope it works. I got the info from www.DisneyOnline.com.

Unfortunately, the gold album limited edition set is currently sold out at disney direct. What they are selling now is the "special edition" which includes the regular black album, not the gold one. Which by the way is fine with me because I really don't care for the LP, I just want the music CDs. Can't wait until Disney comes out with the special special edition that includes a used piece of gum from Walt himself!

Sledge

Account Suspended
I ordered it on the 29th and didn't get an email confirmation so I called just a few minutes ago. They said that the special edition is on back order until the middle of June. :cry:

LudwigVonDrake

There is already a thread on this subject in this forum. Do a search or look around, you'll find it. I ordered my set and received LE-0380. The set is AWESOME!!! :sohappy:

jasondiff

The LE is sold out a Disney Direct but there will be 3000 available at DL and 1000 available at WDW beginning tomorrow. The Special Edition is not yet available anywhere, in fact it probably doesn't exist yet. There wasn't going to be a special edition with a black LP but after they saw how quickly the LE sold out they decided to make one. So it will not be available anywhere till June.

PixyDust

We bought several of the LEs to keep for the kids and ourselves. I've had them a week now, and they are great!! (Our numbers are in the 1,000's, 2,000's and 3,000's, so DD.com didn't get contiguous sets.)

BTW, I ordered them at 2:30 am on the morning they became available.

ISTCrew20

They had 6 or 7 of them for sale at the Art Of Disney at Epcot today. The disk art is cool. One of them had a Small World design, another the People mover, and the last one I remember was Swiss Family Tree House, all in their retro glory.

xfkirsten

jasondiff said:
The LE is sold out a Disney Direct but there will be 3000 available at DL and 1000 available at WDW beginning tomorrow. The Special Edition is not yet available anywhere, in fact it probably doesn't exist yet. There wasn't going to be a special edition with a black LP but after they saw how quickly the LE sold out they decided to make one. So it will not be available anywhere till June.

The ones at DL and WDW are already on sale. I got mine at DL last Friday. :)

kewlgrl127

I ordered mine (a limited edition/gold record one) last week and its coming at the end of the month. I guess I got one of the last limited edition ones that Disney Direct had.

bgraham34

Those box sets are cool and all But way to steep for me. Cd's are overpriced in my book. Too much profit, they just rip you off. And no I have no plans to download the music either.

that_L_do_pig

bgraham34 said:
Those box sets are cool and all But way to steep for me. Cd's are overpriced in my book. Too much profit, they just rip you off. And no I have no plans to download the music either.

I think everyone agrees, but as a one time celebration thing, I had to do it.

jmuboy

I still don't understand how 6 CDs, a collectible LP album and 72 page hardbound coffee table book is a rip off at $125! Now, I know Disney is overpriced on many many things. But I will strongly disagree that this set is not a vlaue at $125. If the CDs sold separately for $15 each, that is $90 alone just for the CD's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom