Music that gives you that "Disney feeling"

pluto77

Original Poster
I think you all know what I mean when I say Disney feeling. Are there any specific songs or noises that give you that magical feeling that makes you want to jump on the next plane to Orlando. For me I think it's SpectroMagic, Wishes, and Fantasmic! music. I think SpectroMagic (and Wishes for that matter) gets me so much because I worked at Casey's for my CP, so we would hear and see it almost every night. It makes me want that time of my life back.

I don't think I'm alone when I say one of my favorite phrases is por favor mantengase alejandro de las personas. I remember my spanish speaking coworkers teaching us exactly how to say it.

Anyone else want to share?

EDIT: I totally messed up the monorail phrase, I have no idea why I put personas at the end of it, but whatever :D . So in case you don't read down the correct way is:

Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas."

Dj Corona

Maybe it's because we've done MNSSHP 2 years in a row, and going back this year for round 3, but "This Is Halloween" always gets us geared up. Also, and I don't think they play it anymore in Frontierland, but the instrumental version of "El Paso" by Marty Robbins, was always great to hear while getting our grub on in Pecos' Bill's. Of course, one can never go wrong with a little "Yo,Ho Pirates..." or "Grim Grinning Ghosts". I'm sure there's more, but those are the first one's to come to mind.

Keyblader Ax

Any rendition of the song "True Colors" gets me thinking about Epcot, same as "Promise" and the "Reflections of Earth" music. Alot of the time, songs without any words will just do it for me too, don't know why.

frankd1962

Almost any song that is played at the Parks :D. I have the cds from the Parks (Happiest Celebration on Earth, 2000 WDW Official album and Disneyland/WDW Official Album [1991]) and also Music of Disney and few other ones with Radio Disney and various artists. So if I need a Disney fix I pop one of them intothe player and listen or put them on my MP3 player.

Right now I burned a cd with the wakeup call fro Mickey as the first track then other music from the Parks in my cd/clock radio. Nice way to wake up, huh? :D

joshwill

Any rendition of the song "True Colors" gets me thinking about Epcot, same as "Promise" and the "Reflections of Earth" music. Alot of the time, songs without any words will just do it for me too, don't know why.

mut be something about epcot. for me, its either the canada song from the film or the epcot entrance BGM.

and a special nod to the music, also without words, from reflections of france.

Edeyore

There are actually several for me.
When you wish upon a star, Zip pa dee do dah, Whole New World and Reflections of Earth. Play any one of these and I'm at Disney World again.

PotteryGal

Laugh if you want, but we just got a 3-Cd set of Disney songs from movies,cartoons,TV, and I got SO EXCITED when I heard the original opening and closing songs to the 'Mickey Mouse Club' show! Brought my childhood back. Wore my mouse ears every week and sang along!:)
'Who's the leader of the band that's made for you and me? M-I-C...K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E!!!' :wave:

figment1985

The "dizz knee land" song by Dada always gives me the feeling.. lol.. because in the song it says:

"I just crashed my car again
Now I'm going to dizz knee land"

... and I always find that so humorous because someone rear ended me (badly on the highway) and I got enough money from their insurance company ... to take a trip to disney, get a show dog, AND fix my car! lol

David

When I hear the Main Street Area music, I'm back at WDW. Also, since it's one of our favorite rides, the area music for Peter Pan's Flight. 39 days to go. Don't know if I can make it. I've got friends leaving on Friday and their family is just as nuts about Disney as we are.

blackerbys17

I don't think I'm alone when I say one of my favorite phrases is por favor mantengase alejandro de las personas. I remember my spanish speaking coworkers teaching us exactly how to say it.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, who ever taught you to say it like that was messing with you! :lol:

That actually translates to "Please, maintain Alejandro (or Alexander) away from the people." :lol:

It is actually, "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas."

That was very cute though, you made me chuckle!

Anyways, my favorite Disney like music (though I have tons of Disney CDs from the parks) is the Soarin' song. I just love it!

ryguy

I love the song from the El river del tiempo at the Mexican Pavillion. Its catchy but not annoying like its a small world.:hammer: I also enjoy the music in the que at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Listen to the land from the land pavillion is great too.:rolleyes:

Rinx

There are so many things that give me that Disney feeling.
Songs:
The Star Tunnel in Space Mountain
Spectromagic as I'm running between Splash Mt. and Space Mt.
Future World ambience music
Illuminations
I always used to love on TV before they took it away, "It's a Zip-A- Dee-Doo-Dah, Tip For Today"
Misc.:
Polynesian smell
Shot of cold air entering ToT lobby
Monorail
My Home away from Home, Old Key West
Walking down Main Street on the first day

Tiggerfanatic

"Circle of Life" from the Lion King. We saw the Broadway show at the Benedum in Pittsburgh, had excellent seats on the aisle on the floor. When that song started and the "animals" started their parade down to the stage, I got goosebumps!!:dazzle: I wanted to go straight to the airport and hop a flight to Orlando!

phillyfan77

Spectromagic gets my vote... I love watching our family vacation tapes of the parade, and I also have the song on my computer, so I can play it while I'm reading these Forums.

A close second is "Whole New World"... just can't get that song out of my head. :D

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
For me it's a sound - and a wayback sound at that.

Every once in a while I will hear a car door or machine that makes just the right noise which instantly puts me on the loading platform at the contemporary as the workers slam the doors shut on the old monorails at WDW. I believe they were the Mark IV's. It was a "wham - wham - wham..." noise as they worked their way down the train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom