MuppetVision 3D Issues

mf1972

03B7138D-C3D0-42FD-934C-6AD13B82A04C.jpeg

PizzaPlanet

If Bean Bunny isn't working they should shut the show down.
time for a muppetvision redo

just keep the muppets
Some effects break one day and you're ready to toss it to the curb? I'm skeptical that today's WDI could make a show that surpasses the original.
We had the bubbles and bean yesterday, but no water spray. 3D was wonky though.
Philharmagic's 3D is in much worse shape, the entire film just looks blurry. I don't know if it's an issue with the glasses or projector maintenance but it needs to be adressed.

twilight mitsuk

Some effects break one day and you're ready to toss it to the curb? I'm skeptical that today's WDI could make a show that surpasses the original.

Philharmagic's 3D is in much worse shape, the entire film just looks blurry. I don't know if it's an issue with the glasses or projector maintenance but it needs to be adressed.

They used to do that

MaxW

I completely agree with you! I think philharmagic needs to be redone before they touch muppets.

esskay

Bugs life is in a bad way too. Last time I watched you quite literally could see nothing on the screen, it was just a haze with faint outlines of characters. They really need to be able to budget for new projectors, its like the cheapest part of the entire damn attraction hardware.

As for muppets, I dont think' the bubbles have worked correctly for a year or two now, either cast members aren't topping up the tanks or the mechanism is on its way out (or both....probably both).

Also agree about Philharmagic. Saw it in may...or at least I think it was it, it was all a blur.

MerlinTheGoat

I believe marni1971 stated the other day he believed that Philharmagic had gone digital a few years ago. But you wouldn't be able to guess that watching the movie. It is indeed super blurry and the picture "shakes" quite a bit. I don't know if that's an indication of it still being film based or something else. Perhaps the focus needs adjusting, lamp needs replacing, or just the projector itself needing to be bolted down more securely. Beats me, it just looks really bad regardless of what's wrong though.

And perhaps this is the fault of my eyes, but the 3D effect also barely works for me. Anything popping out just appears as a double image. "Crosstalk" it's called I think. Haven't watched Tough to be a Bug in years, but it also had the same problem last I saw it.

I don't usually have this problem with other 3D movies. Last I watched Muppetvision the 3D effect (at least on the non-CGI practical effects) looked mostly fine. And all the 3D movies i've seen in regular theaters (like the Hobbit movies) worked perfectly too). I also have a 3D projector at home and don't have any issues. Also no issues with Flight of Passage and Star Tours. The problem Just seems to affect Philharmagic and Tough to be a Bug. Is this a problem with anyone else or just me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom